Discovery Gaming Community
Einar Lundgren - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Einar Lundgren (/showthread.php?tid=192884)

Einar Lundgren - Cælumaresh - 05-28-2022

GENERAL INFORMATION

Name: Einar Lundgren
Affiliation: The Order
Position within organization: Colonel, Overwatch High Command
Place of birth: Planet Neu Berlin, Neu Berlin, Former Bundesrepublik Rheinland
Date of birth: 28th of March, 794AS
Place of residence: Planet Akabat, Omicron Mu, Order Protectorate
Relationship status: Single
Hair color: Dark brown, greying
Eye color: Blue
Height: 185 cm / 6.06955381 ft
Weight: 80 kg / 176.36981 lbs

TRAINING AND EDUCATION

- Basic fighter training
- Commissioned officer training
- Commanding officer training
- Personal combat training
- Diplomatic corps training
- Basic Sirian schooling, provided on Toledo

INTERESTS

- Watching and learning from scientific programs
- Spending time with crewmembers and friends
- NOT doing paperwork
- Having discussions with people of opposing viewpoints

PERSONAL HISTORY [TO 829AS]

Born on Planet New Berlin shortly before the tumultuous Nomad War of 800 - 801 AS, safety wasn't a certainty for Einar and his family. His mother was a Bundschuh pilot who had been recruited a few years before the War by the Order. His father was a Rheinland Military pilot who joined up at around the same time. They met one another in 793AS, long before Toledo was settled on in 800AS and after growing into a couple; had Einar soon after. He didn't spend long on New Berlin before his family moved towards the Omicrons, towards Planet Toledo. Spending his early years mostly in the underground bunkers on Toledo's surface, he grew up distanced from his parents, among the civilian population of the Order. This lack of parental care caused him some issues in his early childhood, being a distant and silent person. During his teenage years, the Order had been steadily growing, and his parents had more time to help guide Einar into the future. During his childhood, he spent his days attending the schooling institutes that had been set up among the bases for the civilians pouring in and their families, earning himself a basic education on par with that of most regular Sirians.

Following into the footsteps of his father, he signed up with the military forces of the Order, and spent his 16th, 17th and 18th years in the basic military academy, earning his wings and enlisting as an ensign in the Order, when disaster struck. In 818 AS, the Nomads launched a full scale invasion of Omicron Minor while The Order was under attack by Core forces. Their objective was, it seems, the destruction of The Order. The Order fought the invaders with bravery. During the battle, Nomad bombardments overwhelmed the Isis and destroyed ground-based attack batteries. The strikes were directed at fault lines along the planet's surface. The bombardment destroyed the thin crust at those lines, letting the latent magma flow through multiple fissures in the crust. The process was repeated all along the planet, and it became mostly covered by lava currents.

Being in space during the battle, Einar fought bravely but was shot down by a Core fighter pilot before the Nomad fleet arrived. Having had his pod retrieved by a Order wing, he found himself on the Geb-class Assault Carrier Vigilance, and helped the crew of the vessel, despite his injuries, persist throughout the fight. When Toledo was torched, the vessel retreated from the theater towards the Omicron Mu system, with Einar onboard, after retrieving a few evacuation shuttles that had arrived from the planet.

Arriving with the shattered Order fleet in Omicron Mu, casualties were being accounted for, and stock was made of the remaining vessels in the fleet, which made its way to the orbit of Akabat. It was in orbit of the planet, whilst helping the crew of the Vigilance take care of internal damages from the previous engagement, that Einar learned his parents had died on Toledo. The period of mourning didn't last too long, for the Order had to secure the system of Omicron Mu after the disaster at Toledo. Deciding to drown out his grief with work, he volunteered for as many patrols as he could, securing the new home for the Order whilst the organization began securing itself and it's borders.

Climbing through the ranks during the following years, Einar was promoted to the rank of Major in the early months of 828AS. Serving as executive officer under his predecessor, Luna Holt, on the bridge of the Osiris-class battleship Autumn, he distinguished himself as a level-headed commander, overseeing the vessels day to day operations alongside Colonel Holt. When Holt was declared unfit for combat by the end of 828AS, and took up desk duties on Akabat, Einar took over her command of the Autumn, and the other vessels she held command over, and assumed her chair within the Order high command.

RE: Einar Lundgren - Cælumaresh - 06-12-2022

[Image: icMtHWq.png]

>>file.entry.encryption.success
>>encryption.key.#342340985-12234145ORD-EC

THE CONTENTS OF THIS FILE ARE CONFIDENTIAL. ANY ATTEMPTS; BE THEY SUCCESFULL OR NOT; TO ACCESS THE FILE WILL BE MET WITH REPRECUSSIONS.

File entry: Personal logs, entry #01
Subject: Let's get this show on the road

Well then,

I've never done anything like this before. At least, not work related. But it's probably best if I start noting down my experiences somewhere. Keep my head clear. I decided to modify my own communications template for this, because honestly, I just find it a more clear way to look at the things I write. Ever since I took over from Holt, I noticed that a lot of things have landed on my plate, and that running a tight ship can be stressfull. Outside factors might play a role in that too, but well.. Never know if I forget my PDA somewhere at some point, so I'll leave those out of here unless they start directly influencing my work. But it gives me something to do whilst commanding the Requiem, a supply vessel. Other than staring at the stars, you know?

Of course, I have been at the job for a while now. Frustrating? At times. But in general it is quite manageable. I run into the occassional idiot in space, and retaining a cool head whilst conversing with them can be a great strain on my patience. For example, one of our own pilots is a massive toll on my self restraint. Pretty sure however that everyone knows by now whom I mean when I say that. By the gods, that woman is crazy.

Speaking of crazy;

I took command of the Armageddon about 24 hours ago. Managed to slap down two squid warships with my trusty crew at my side. Gave the men some well earned rest after that. Attaching some personal memorabilia to this thing here, for posterities sake. Something to look back to when I eventually retire.

Really liking the news I received from Admiral Solandros. Working on a relationship with Liberty that doesnt devolve down into shooting? I'm definitely onboard with that, and I bet many of my men and women aswell. Doing our job in peace is something to look forward to. That, or safely going on our supply routes, and not having to stick to the backdoors through Liberty Space.

Oh, I am glad I attached a copy of my personell file at the top. Means I can make an edit to it incase something new has to be added. I should work on an inventory of the ships I command, or share command on. Keep it all sorted for my own clarity.

But for now, I think I got little more to add.

Signing off,

Einar Lundgren
Colonel of the Order Primary Fleet

[Image: HjSzNcD.png]