Discovery Gaming Community
Results from Weekend Event - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Results from Weekend Event (/showthread.php?tid=192908)

Results from Weekend Event - Garrett Jax - 05-30-2022

Congratulations to all who participated in this weekend's event. We had at least 52 different participants in just the trading aspect of the event. This doesn't count the many players playing law enforcement and pirates that were involved. I wish we had a way to track the amount of credits that were fined/pirated from traders. If we did, I would provide it.

Some positive things I noticed about this event was the amount of activity it generated, the amount of role play I noticed from the desk, the tactics that traders used to avoid getting pirated and the strategies used by pirates to force those interactions, but most of all, the increase in role play encounters in general between all parties.

Some negatives I noticed was occasionally there was camping on the part of some players to make it nearly impossible for the traders to have a chance. This was a relatively small group and for a relative short period of time, so I'm not too down on that. A personal negative, was when I gave Rheinland permission to enforce their contraband laws on transports carrying criminals in Sigma 13, that instead of revoking it at the first sign of conflict with Kusari Naval ships, I would have simply allowed Kusari to enforce their no foreign military ships in Sigma 13 as well. It would have created an interesting dynamic and probably a lot of pvp. Another issue, but I'm not sure if it's really a negative, is I noticed many players were not taking the most direct route, but instead going through Bretonia and even Gallia to avoid player interactions. No idea how to solve that issue. I guess the credit per second loss from taking those longer routes might be a penalty in an of itself.

I'd be interested to get more feedback on the weekend's event. I'd also love to hear especially what positive role play encounters you might have had as well.

As far as the leaderboard goes, I will provide a list:

RE: Results from Weekend Event - LuckyOne - 05-30-2022

I won't lie to you, my opinion of this event is not that as positive as you make it out. It mostly increased the "activity" of AFK trading in the short term while failing to attract significant interest from the opposing side.

This will probably lead to a decrease in regular activity in the medium term as all the usual traders are now flush with credits with no need to make more for some time (e.g. the top trader made over 3 billion credits in bonuses alone, and unless he's planning to buy a Barge or a squadroon of Battleships he's probably going to feel a bit burnt out).

Yes, some increase in interest for policing/pirating has been seen but I feel it could have been more, with more incentives ( maybe a minor Story quip?, the Gaia event seemed to be an interesting idea that attracted people who weren't there just for the credits).

As for the alternate routes issue, adding (a bit reduced price-wise) Fence sellpoints to other places, not just on the direct route might have increased a chance of interactions on those routes. Now it was only worth it to try and camp around Sigmas.

RE: Results from Weekend Event - Czechmate - 05-30-2022

(05-30-2022, 06:48 AM)LuckyOne Wrote: I won't lie to you, my opinion of this event is not that as positive as you make it out. It mostly increased the "activity" of AFK trading in the short term while failing to attract significant interest from the opposing side.

This will probably lead to a decrease in regular activity in the medium term as all the usual traders are now flush with credits with no need to make more for some time (e.g. the top trader made over 3 billion credits in bonuses alone, and unless he's planning to buy a Barge or a squadroon of Battleships he's probably going to feel a bit burnt out).

Yes, some increase in interest for policing/pirating has been seen but I feel it could have been more, with more incentives ( maybe a minor Story quip?, the Gaia event seemed to be an interesting idea that attracted people who weren't there just for the credits).

As for the alternate routes issue, adding (a bit reduced price-wise) Fence sellpoints to other places, not just on the direct route might have increased a chance of interactions on those routes. Now it was only worth it to try and camp around Sigmas.

there was a fence in S-13, I have seen Frigate pests haha

RE: Results from Weekend Event - TonyB - 05-30-2022

Nice event, continue like that !
As for the remark of Lucky, the bonuses were not exorbitant.
A good trader makes that usually...
Saw plenty of pirate activity, but mostly the RP was good. Only remark there, some new traders without backup were sometimes targeted and were asked 15M for free passage...
Seems a bit over the top, but anyway, nice event !