Discovery Gaming Community
Weekend Combat Event - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Official (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=550)
+----- Forum: Event Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=274)
+----- Thread: Weekend Combat Event (/showthread.php?tid=192962)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Weekend Combat Event - Garrett Jax - 06-01-2022

The new Weekend Trade Event will incorporate a Combat Event between three different groups. The results of which will be tallied at the end of the event. The three groups are as follows:

Group One: Rheinland Forces
[RM], Rheinland Military ID, Rheinland Police ID, Marinenachrichtendienst ID

Group Two: Bretonian Forces
BAF|, BAF ID, BPA ID, Bretonian Inteligence Service ID

Group Three: Resistance Forces*
Corsair ID, Deterrence, [TBH], Red Hessians ID, Gaians ID, Mollys ID, IMG|, IMG ID, Pirate ID, SCRA ID, Coalition ID, Farmers Alliance ID

*Resistance Forces are not necessarily allied with each other. They just share the common goal of pushing House militaries out of Omega 3 and Omega 7. They can and should abide by their ID restrictions regarding this event. However, it will make some interesting choices regarding priority of enemy faction targets. I suggest you choose ahead of time who your priority targets are.

The rules

The ability to enforce House laws has been extended to Rheinland and Bretonia Forces in Omega 3 and 7 for the duration of this event.

Terraforming gases and Xenobiotic filters will be considered contraband by Rheinland during the event.

All three groups will gain 10.000.000 credit award for killing a member of the other group. You will not get an award for killing a member in your own group. So, it might be appropriate for Red Hessians to kill Corsairs, but there will be no bonus for it. However, if a Red Hessian kills a BAF| ship or a [RM] ship, there will be a credit award.

Also, there will be a 10.000.000 credit award for destruction of any transport participating in the Weekend Event. Normal Server Rules apply regarding making demands of a transport. You can't just go popping transports at will. RP must be provided and a reasonable demand must be made. Considering the pirate/lawful gets 10 million credits whether the trader lives or dies might induce a trader to comply with a demand rather than get killed. You may not demand more than 10 million from the trader in this event.

The winner of the event is the group that tallies the most kills. Blueing a trader participating in the event also counts as a kill, but if you are caught not giving a reasonable demand, all your kills will be forfeit. Also, no dual nova torpedo kills. (looking at Lemon)

If Rheinland Forces win (Group One) , they will get the opportunity to enforce Rheinland house laws in Omega 7 for the next 30 days.
If Bretonian Forces win (Group Two), they will get the opportunity to enforce Bretonian house laws in Omega 3 for the next 30 days.
If Resistance Forces win (Group Three), they will push the other Houses out of Omega 3 and 7 and no House Laws will be enforced in those systems.
The ship logging the most kills will get his choice (admin approved) of a forum title.
The ship logging the most commodity transported will get his choice (admin approved) of a forum title.

P.S. If I have forgotten an obvious inclusion in either group, let me know. There were over 100 lines of code in event.cfg to make this happen. I'm sure I forgot somebody.

Have fun,

Garrett Jax

Final Leaderboard Results
Bretonia Forces - 38 kills
*Resistance Forces - 48 kills
Rheinland Forces - 13 kills

Top Leader in Kills
BAF|Cpt.Henry.Talbot - 9 kills

Top 10 Traders
USV-Minnesota - 464626 units
PFS-Fluorocarbon - 425000 units
TheGrandEntrance - 383600 units
Jamboree - 340000 units
Bimini - 325000 units
SBT-01 - 245000 units
Space_player - 188100 units
BES-Milton.Keynes - 145000 units
OSI-Green.Star - 135000 units
Gaia - 105000 units

*Includes 4 kills that were not picked up by the plugin for various reasons

Congratulations to all who participated in this fun event.

As a result of the event, with Resistance Forces winning, Bretonia and Rheinland have been pushed out of Omega 3 and Omega 7 respectively. House Space returns to normal with neither side being able to enforce House laws in either system.

BAF|Cpt.Henry.Talbot and USV-Minnesota can contact me via Discord at Garrett Jax#0884 to let me know what Forum User title you wish.

RE: Weekend Combat Event - Major Thomas - 06-01-2022

Sounds like fun!
I guess I'm just left wondering what commodities will be transported where? As that's were I'll be at. Cool

RE: Weekend Combat Event - Garrett Jax - 06-01-2022

(06-01-2022, 04:17 AM)Major Thomas Wrote: Sounds like fun!
I guess I'm just left wondering what commodities will be transported where? As that's were I'll be at. Cool

Thanks Major Thomas. I forgot to link it up with the Weekend Event. It is linked now.

RE: Weekend Combat Event - Fab - 06-01-2022

I'm eager to participate! one question.

Only the kills in Omega-3 and Omega-7 will be counted, Or kills in the surrounding systems also add to the count?

RE: Weekend Combat Event - Firewolfy - 06-01-2022

Would the BIS ID also be included in the event for Bretonia side?

(06-01-2022, 04:41 AM)Fab Wrote: I'm eager to participate! one question.

Only the kills in Omega-3 and Omega-7 will be counted, Or kills in the surrounding systems also add to the count?

Only kills will be counted that occur in Omega 3 and Omega 7. This includes transports carrying the event commodities. Transports destroyed outside those two systems will not count toward the kill tally.

(06-01-2022, 04:44 AM)Firewolfy Wrote: Would the BIS ID also be included in the event for Bretonia side?

I can include that ID as well

RE: Weekend Combat Event - Gutek - 06-01-2022

(06-01-2022, 03:59 AM)Garrett Jax Wrote: The ship logging the most kills will get his choice (admin approved) of a forum title.
The ship logging the most commodity transported will get his choice (admin approved) of a forum title.

Those kills and cargo runs are about to be posted on forum with printscreen confirmation or server is cappable of counting up such things?
Also kills and cargo needs to be done by the same ship or player? So if kills were made by the same player on 2 diffrent ships, does it sum up?

(06-01-2022, 06:16 AM)Gutek Wrote:
(06-01-2022, 03:59 AM)Garrett Jax Wrote: The ship logging the most kills will get his choice (admin approved) of a forum title.

Those kills and cargo runs are about to be posted on forum with printscreen confirmation or server is cappable of counting up such things?
Also kills and cargo needs to be done by the same ship or player? So if kills were made by the same player on 2 diffrent ships, does it sum up?

It will be awarded by ship, not player. The event tracker records the kills, so no screenshots required.

RE: Weekend Combat Event - Shinju - 06-01-2022

Just a small heads up. Privateer ID is outdated and can't be played anymore.