Discovery Gaming Community
from the Persephone-II- - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: from the Persephone-II- (/showthread.php?tid=19299)

from the Persephone-II- - Jinx - 04-15-2009

to: broadcast / council

"we have a special issue here right now. - i have allowed the corsairs to have FREE reign within the freeport cease fire zone until things are solved. - they are allowed to freely pirate within the FP reach.

once the crisis is over, i will explain why. - for now, i ll take full responsibilities if the station is damaged during this period.

the whole incident has been discussed with the brotherhood.

Elizabeth Tate"

from the Persephone-II- - Dab - 04-15-2009

Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan
Recipient: Elizabeth Tate

I disagree completely with the actions you're taking Ms. Tate. No matter what the circumstances, nothing warrants our opening our Freeports to becoming warzones. Do you think no one will respond when you give free reign to Corsairs? Or do you plan to try to stop Bounty Hunters from attacking Corsairs while allowing the Corsairs to attack anyone? If you were to do that, we'd trade having Freeport 11 become a warzone for the Bounty Hunters seeing us as Corsair sympathizers and attacking our ships in retaliation. What you've done will do nothing but hurt us. If you cannot offer a good enough reason to allow this by the end of today, I'll have the Syros move to Delta and replace you.

We cannot have a captain who thinks she can make decisions that effect all Zoners without consulting with the Council first, or even providing a reason for her actions. What you've done today leads me to question your ability to preform your duty to a satisfactory level, and your ability to make decisions that are in the best interest for the Zoners.

I expect to hear from you shortly.
-Aurelia Silvan
End Transmission

to: aurelia silvan

"we have a critical situation. - nither the zoners, nor the ones that the commodities are delivered to have the power to stop them. - the only things that can is ... ignorance ... ( why i haven t said what its about ) ... and the corsairs.

the allowance was given to the brotherhood and i am certain they will conduct their power with utmost care, cause if they themselves misuse this given power, they ll suffer for it. - anyway, i reckon that we wish nothing as rediculous like the good old Harris / McDuff here - as this place is indeed too dangerous and must not attract the whole scum of sirius - as harris / McDuff did.

mind, the corsairs haven t gone berserk - but until the issue is solved - my decision stands - unless you can come up with another solution - which does not involve to ignore things.

of course - if the council wishes the decision to be withdrawn and the cease fire zone isntalled again at any costs.... i will contact the elders and will withdraw the power immedietly. mind, i will withdraw from any responsibility concerning the consequences then. - it will affect the system and our trading. - and it is obvious that we re suffering from a bugged tradecomputer that calculates the wares wrongly. - the financial loss would be tremendous.

sincerely, E. Tate"

from the Persephone-II- - Dab - 04-15-2009

Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan
Recipient: Elizabeth Tate

My solution is the opposite of ignoring the situation, that is your suggestion to solve this problem. You think we should ignore Corsairs pirating right outside our Freeport. What happens when our supply convoys get pirated or destroyed? Will you advocate Zoners losing what money they have just so you can garner political standing with the Corsairs? What are our merchants supposed to think when they see your ship sitting right outside watching as the transports they own are pirated and nothing is done about it? Freeport 11's survival is based on trade and protection by our ships, as well as Bounty Hunters, Corsairs, and Order ships fighting off the Nomads.

Do you think the Bounty Hunters will look kindly upon this? When we try to hamper the supplies sent to get their base functional? And even more so when they hear we're allowing the Corsairs to do whatever they damn well please around our base in order to hurt them? Our interests, and your interests should be focused on one thing; the Zoners. Specifically, our survival which depends on our neutrality. What you are doing will do nothing more than threaten that while hurting the trade we rely upon.

Furthermore, you specified 'Corsairs' were allowed free reign. Not The Brotherhood. And even if you had, what will their pilots think when they see the best of their brethren pirating a kilometer away from Freeport 11? Will they ignore it and just fly away at that, or will they mimic their behavior and begin pirating around Freeport 11 as well?

If we allow this once to only a select group, it will take very little time before everyone is doing the same at all our stations. Then we will be forced to take action to stop it, which may well cost Zoner lives and ships and further ruin our neutrality with the Bounty Hunters and Corsairs. Are you really willing to sacrifice fellow Zoners so you can improve your public appeal? If so, than I say you are unfit for duty and request you retire from your post until the situation has resolved itself.

My solution, as yours should be, is whatever I can do that will benefit our people and lifestyle. We should be encouraging trade, not stopping it, and we should be dealing with everyone equally regardless of the circumstances. This issue has nothing to do with the Zoners, so we will do as is best and keep our noses out of this and climb back onto the fence where the grass looks green no matter which direction we look.

From this point I'm reinstalling the NFZ around Freeport 11. If you wish to argue that point, I suggest you make your point to the council and try to get them to repeal my decision, for I will not budge from this position without it.
-Aurelia Silvan
End Transmission

from the Persephone-II- - Derkylos - 04-15-2009

--Transmission to: Mizz Tate, Freeport 11, Omicron Delta--
--ID: Rashida--

W8, ur permitting Sairs 2 pirate in the FP NFZ...r u allowing Hunters to engage them there, 2? For, granting 1 w/o the other is showing favouritism 4 one side, no?

R we 2 allow disputes on2 the corridors of our FPs nxt? I thought the NFZs were a key ethos in r way of life, 2 protect the station & inhabitants from harm.

This seems a rash move 2 me. Also, y was it not discussed w/ the council 1st?

--Transmission Ends--

to: aurelia silvana

"right you are, the NFZ is installed again. - any exploit of the situation will be on your responsibility. - i will now disband my personal watch over the situation.

i admit, the declaration was made hastily - but the TBH had been instructed in utmost detail under what conditions they were allowed to engage in their "daily work"

only concering ONE commodity and only traders that were heading into one specific direction were allowed to be attacked.

the whole affair has not had a detrimental effect on any supplies. - why? cause i have kept a personal eye on it.

i will now instruct the brotherhood.

E.Tate out"

to: aurelia silvana

"from that moment on - the NFZ is officially installed again, the brotherhood was informed. i should justify the measures that critical situations require quick and critical decisions. when we re too slow to make decisions, we re too slow to survive. - if any harm to the resupply was done, i will of course take the responsibility.

during the crisis, 7 transports with supply material docked with FP11 and undocked with "non critical goods" and were send safely and unharmed of course on their journey back."