Discovery Gaming Community
»: | LFR - Vespucci Situation - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: »: | LFR - Vespucci Situation (/showthread.php?tid=193146)

»: | LFR - Vespucci Situation - Lochrath - 06-11-2022

[Image: 54Vtwzc.png]

¬ COMMID: Mary Ward
¬ RECIPIENT: Liberty Free Republic (LFR)
¬ SUBJECT: Vespucci Situation

Representatives of the LFR,

The situation in the bordering worlds is heating up. As it appears our two parties got vested interest in th' outcome we figured it'd be best t'have conversations prior to misunderstandin's.

T'be transparent, our party is mainly interested in th' operations of Orbital Spa an' Cruise, be the full exit of their business from th' sector. We, of course, are also with vested interest in Veracruz due to the mishandling of th' colonization an' the Bretonian population on planet.

We ask what the Free Republic has intentions for the system, durin' this conflict and post conflict, whatever outcome may happen.

RE: »: | LFR - Vespucci Situation - Reeves - 06-11-2022

[Image: Lc48rCo.png]
[Image: I9zgX5U.png?1]
☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Signal source: Free Republic relay, Liberty
☠ Opening video feed...

[Image: g3e7Byz.png]

Sender: Alliance Commander "Cobra"
Recipient: Mary Ward
Subject: Re: Vespucci Situation

Ward, it's been a while.

I hope you've been keeping well. But as of right now the LFR has no tangible intent regarding the system. We ran a brief series of evacuations since members of the Insurgency with sympathy towards our cause abandoned post to join us. That obligated us to ensure their families were secured, and we honored it.

Our plan is to wait for when the dust has settled and then gauge the situation in the system. Until then our raiders are encouraged to strike targets of opportunity, regardless of whether the star is orange or blue. Even if Veracruz could be secured, it's bound to be a messy situation and I suspect quite a lot of the infrastructure is in poor condition as a result of unrest. Further enhanced by a breakdown of Insurgent command leading to martial law finally failing.

What else do you want to know?

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"

☠ Transmission signal lost.

RE: »: | LFR - Vespucci Situation - Lochrath - 06-11-2022

Morts. Long time no see. Ah skirmish saw us out of operation for a bit.

We've had similar situation, refugees an' sympathizers joined our own ranks with intention of striking back against the almost fully felled insurection. We've made plans prior, requiring the assault on the orange stars as you call it. Something troubles me however.

It ain't often Liberty goes to such lengths to mobilize an' strike at problematic agents in or around it's region, unless it's t'expand. M'worry is the Blues intend t'take dominion over the systems to continue the march into the independent worlds. For various reasons, this ain't ideal.

Got any info on their plans? If it is just a clean sweep of the rebellion that's fine an' dandy. If it's the other, that will require planning.

☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Opening video feed...

Terrible nickname.

All we have is rumors and conjecture, we've never had much in the way of informants when it comes to the Navy. Going by my own estimations on the matter, I consider any kind of occupation of the system by Liberty an untenable pursuit.

It would be an overextension that they can't afford, and their recent withdrawal from Ontario suggests Liberty's ability to secure systems is slipping. The loss of the Delaware doesn't help the situation at all.

We're prepared to be more proactive in our approach if Liberty truly does attempt to put down roots in Vespucci. I consider that unlikely at the moment though.

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"

RE: »: | LFR - Vespucci Situation - Lochrath - 06-11-2022

Fair enough. We'll keep the situation unda observation then.

Anythin' you need from us? Things been ah bit quiet on our front, minus the alien threat in th' Taus.

☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Opening video feed...

For the most part I'd say we're doing alright.

If you can keep us informed of any substantial movement from the Insurgents, that'd be helpful. I'd prefer for all the ones that aren't sympathetic to end up dead.

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"

RE: »: | LFR - Vespucci Situation - Reeves - 07-24-2022

[Image: 2NPuoLa.png?1]
☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Opening video feed...

Things look grim.

What are the Cohort's plans if Veracruz falls? Actually, at this point I think it's more a case of when it falls. Not much left in the Ohio's way except the Triton and whatever else they've managed to muster. Reaching out to them has historically gone poorly for us, but it's something you could do.

Whether they decide to come home or not, they're still our people. For that reason, the LFR would very much prefer if they kept living. As the first people to recognize what was wrong with the Legion, they deserve better than to die on a rock that has a giant target painted across it.

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"

RE: »: | LFR - Vespucci Situation - Lochrath - 07-24-2022

Like ah know fully. It entirely depends on th' outcome still. Should OSC pull out of the region an' the planet left alone, th' Gaians wouldn't have much use so far out. Ah prior meetin' with those former Libertonians an' our own station controllers say we're still hittin' any remaining supply-lines they have. It's been ah bit dicey with the Navy rolling in however. We get stationed there occasionally an' you're right that it's all going to fall apart soon. Whole system's alight with fire.

Her hands come together then move up and outwards, as if describing an explosion.

One interestin' detail that recently came t'light is the movement of fleeing parties from Veracruz. Th' Commonwealth populace is bein' carted out an' delivered to various destinations. From our observation, the Crayter are the primary movers. Most Bretonian refugees are going to Carlisle, though I've seen other parties bringin' refugees back into Liberty, likely t'neutral ports. You might want t'look into that yourself, we don't have th' ability to track tradeships through Liberty after all. Too high ah risk.

As to th' few of th' Commonwealth that contacted us, p'sure it'll be individual choice where they go in the aftermath. Ah can see our resupply point bein' depressurized an' abandoned should things calm down. Not my call t'make, though.

Hope that helps at all. Don't be a stranger.