Discovery Gaming Community
To: Malta Hyperspace Starfleet HS> - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Malta Hyperspace Starfleet HS> (/showthread.php?tid=193309)

To: Malta Hyperspace Starfleet HS> - Franz O. - 06-20-2022

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Fixer.Franz.Oberhauser.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 141b.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 13d.png][Image: 20d.png][Image: 30d.png][Image: 40d.png]

Good day representative of the Malta Hyperspace Starfleet,
My name is Franz Oberhauser.

Usually I'm only contacting the Outcasts with a positive topic, but this time it's not the case.

I witnessed that a pilot of yours with the transponder labeled HS>Asesino-3 is using Lane Hacker technology. I double checked our database and sadly was not able to find any agreement from us that we allowed your pilots to use any of our weaponry.

Would you mind sharing with us the agreement that was made or giving us an explanation as to how this has happened?

That would be all for now. Have a nice day.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

RE: To: Malta Hyperspace Starfleet HS> - Franz O. - 06-21-2022

...Fixer.Franz.Oberhauser.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

... You have one (1) unread message ...

RE: To: Malta Hyperspace Starfleet HS> - WiseTaurus - 06-21-2022

[Image: 3MrCa4W.png]

Hacker:

I am Audaz Alarcón, Alpha Explorer of Malta Hyperspace Starfleet and, contrary to you, an unfortunate situation would be necessary for us to contact you; this is a good time for it.

First of all, when I received this communication, I had to speak with my Observadora Julia López to verify if this was a joke of some sort; unfortunately to my surprise this was a real comm from a real Lane Hacker. I was going to redirect it to her, so a diplomatic response could be ensured on the matter; but circumstances are such, that I have to make my position clear with my own words.

I am baffled at the necessity to form a special “agreement” to secure the use of weaponry that other Maltese have been implementing without extra steps. This type of bureaucracy reminds me of the same “corporate lapdogs” you usually fight with; and I am starting to wonder if you are returning to your own roots. On a personal level, I have no problems with Hackers using some of our tech, as it is basically a guarantee for Orange operations throughout Liberty; moreover, Maltese generosity has been such as there is already a variety of arsenal at your disposal, in our homeworld and allowed facilities. Of course, it would be absurd to assume that we have been behind each negotiation made between Outcasts and Hackers to correspond each favor; what I mean is that we are not closed to share if that helps the Orange Dream and, by extension, you.

Additional to this, the Asesinos are a special squad of Maltese that have fallen into disgrace for different motives and they have been given a second chance to prove that their skills outweigh their debaucheries. Their operations are restricted to certain areas and their provisions are limited to what they need. Having said that, if one Asesino obtained your weapons; I can only applaud his resourcefulness and initiative for acquiring different components that can help him on the raids ahead, and perhaps blame him for the lack of taste on such acquisition. Truth to be told, I do not care if the Asesino invested his last credits with a Hacker quartermaster on a completely authorized transaction or obtained them through a third party; it is better to see those weapons being used in the support of our goals, in the hands of a Maltese, than to see them gathering dust in a secluded station. To be honest, this seems an internal Hacker problem regarding inventory; I thought that logistical issues were trivial concerns to Hackers, as data gathering experts that should know how to organize exabytes of information. If several of your weapons go missing and your databases were not complete enough to validate their final destination; it speaks lowly from your part, not ours. All of this brings me to the next point and the reason that my response required to be a bit more extensive than usual.

Several weeks ago, I have made talks with the rest of Dons and we are not satisfied with the performance of Lane Hackers displayed in the recent quarters. Cardamine has not flowed enough from your side; as the other intermediaries have been more active than you during these times. Our organization has cooperated enthusiastically with the other groups, but Lane Hackers have been absent for a while. To make things worse, the last time I saw you as a group, you were fighting each other. So, in retrospective, I do not see how I can offer you a positive consideration; if Hackers have been so negligent with their doings and the Inner Circle shows clear signs of power fracture. Time passes, nothing happens and I receive this comm. What do you expect? An apology? Please.

So, the weapons themselves. Right. As I like to say in these situations: Cease this line of thought, because it will only involve unnecessary tergiversation and no progress to each side.

Do not waste our time.

¡Por el Sueño Naranja!
Audaz Alarcón
Alpha Explorer

[Image: Kw5Crpx.png]

Low quality transmission - Glass - 06-27-2022

...Emissary.Glass.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 143d.png][Image: 4.png]
[Image: 14d.png][Image: 20d.png][Image: 30d.png][Image: 40d.png]

Señor Alarcón.

Perhaps it would have been best that your Observadora handled this matter. To me, it seems as if you do not possess the talent for diplomacy. A fact of which you are apparently aware. I will grant some benefit of the doubt then to the Dons, when you say that this is your position, your words.

Your suggestion that an agreement is so uniquely corporate demonstrates that you do not understand the field. Every negotiation, every understanding, is the product of agreement. The relationship between the Outcasts and the Lane Hackers has long been one of tact and deference, which today you have at the least neglected, if not disrespected. Your assertion that we have not performed is baseless. It seems you do not understand the work we do in the shadows, appreciate the data we provide, or see with your own eyes the shipments we orchestrate, the nuisances we disappear. An infant believes something unseen does not exist. It seems evident in the antecedent of this communiqué that your organisation does in fact appreciate the products of our research, development, manufacturing, and the simple pleasures of a repaired ship. I consider it flattering that we and our product were so selected.

To the matter at hand. As you have said, personally, I do not much care about this. It is not simply that your agent was using our technology, but was operating so far from the confines of the edge worlds, rather in the heart of Liberty itself. Despite this, it was a miniscule matter, a question of why your agent did not know better than to use something that we have historically guarded. Indeed, we do even benefit from access to your technology for the sake of furthering our collective goals. Any number of brief, half-thought-out explanations or excuses would have sufficed, but rather you opted to be inflammatory. It is not so much that I am here to take the bait, but rather I find it a sad reflection on the current state of things. As to your prick about the singular conflict you have cited, I do not see why you consider it remarkable. If I were to recall every large scale war between Outcasts, I would have to commit myself to what I am certain is an entire field within the study of history dedicated to such matters.

Now, were it your sincere and honorable intent to "cooperate enthusiastically" as it were, then perhaps now is a good time to formalize the terms of an agreement, to re-establish the long history of fraternity in a manner that your group, being so new to the fray, has never been party. If instead you have actually done naught here but to express some personal angst, then I suppose that I can be the bigger man and ignore your jibes for the sake of, as you put it, the orange dream. One would consider it gives a poor impression of all of the Starfleet and its stability if the latter were to be the case.

Finally, I find it odd that you have such a bizarre phrase to say in what are, apparently, unusually common circumstances for you, but perhaps something avoiding the attempt at using "tergiversation" in a sentence would be more fetching.

RE: To: Malta Hyperspace Starfleet HS> - WiseTaurus - 06-28-2022

[Image: cP6ffz9.png]

Pequeños Hackers:

You misunderstand your position. This is not a conversation among equals. The only reason why I am talking to you, it is because of the so-called fraternity that Outcasts and Hackers have cemented for years. I find amusing that another Hacker had to respond on behalf of Franz Oberhauser in order to make an attempt to refute my points. Even more amusing is trying to give me a lecture about diplomacy; it is the most ridicule attempt to try to reach a slightly better understanding between each other.

You clearly have not done your homework properly. Our organization is more than just a bunch of Outcasts on an idealistic and pompous journey to whatever we think of. We are an association of Dons and families in which I am the maximum representative of it, at this moment. Do you really think that most Dons would accept a lesser mediator than an Outcast of the same category? Right now, you are basically trying to bite the ones who feed you: A group backed up by Maltese society, a synergistic cooperation VASTLY numerous and powerful than yours. Moreover, I do not appreciate the tone started and implemented by señor Oberhauser, and you are not doing better, Emissary Glass; as a misguided comm cannot be reaffirmed by empty words and history alone. If I want to speak in an “inflammatory” way, I will do it because I want to. If we want an agreement with Hackers, you would be notified for it. This is not a discussion to persuade you, this is a situation that you must comply or suffer the consequences for the negligence of your actions.

As I already mentioned to Oberhauser, your operations on the recent quarters have not been backed up, so as much as I would like to agree with you on my “baseless” assertions; you have not corroborated your own claims accordingly. Your work in the shadows means nothing if you cannot demonstrate it, with numbers and proof, to the top of the Orange chain; it is a sorry excuse to uphold idleness on fancy terms. Additional to the talks between Dons, a popular concern is rising among the brethren less interested on these matters; a worrisome outlook that could permanently endanger your reputation. At this moment, the Inner Circle is lacking on support. The wealthiest families and Maltese groups have said nothing positive on the recent weeks regarding the Lane Hackers; no interdiction or trade reports, nor new relevant data acquisition have appeared or revealed that would support your efforts. Some wonder if you are even in the Cardamine business anymore.

So, mentions about agreements come and go, no? But where are they? I have one for you. Choose one of these two possibilities:

- 25,000 Units of Cardamine, from Planet Malta to Buffalo Base.

- 2 recommendations from the following Maltese organizations vouching the operations of the Inner Circle: 1 comm from Hispania Imperial and another one from Legión Maltesa, sent to Observadora Julia López. Suffice to say, they are not obligated to respond you and they must speak highly of you, so you will have to convince them that you are that trustworthy to their eyes. Also, they must forward your message regarding this particular topic; it must be as transparent as possible.

- Time limit: 2 Standard weeks from the moment this message has been sent.

- 75,000 Units of Cardamine, from Planet Malta to Buffalo Base.

- Time limit: 4 Standard weeks from the moment this message has been sent.

Cardamine deliveries must be properly verified, time and visual confirmation of docking procedures and right inventory. Also, the Hackers willing to do the trips will have to be backed up by the Inner Circle; no newcomers, similar or as in the common jargon: No independent ones.

Fulfill one of these non-negotiable paths and Malta Hyperspace Starfleet will support the current Lane Hacker operations, and more fascinating arrangements can be made in the future. Failure to do so, and Maltese generosity will run out for the Hackers; I will make sure of that.

Let’s see if the Inner Circle is as valuable as it pretends to be.

¡Por el Sueño Naranja!
Audaz Alarcón
Alpha Explorer

[Image: Kw5Crpx.png]

Captcha required - Glass - 07-24-2022

...Emissary.Glass.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 143d.png][Image: 4.png]
[Image: 14d.png][Image: 20d.png][Image: 30d.png][Image: 40d.png]

Señor Alarcón.

It was evident that for the most part my subtleties had evaded you, and so you may excuse my disinterest. If you wish to communicate through ego and bravado, I am afraid there are few amongst our ranks to match you. Thank you for explaining to me your position, the nature of the Maltese Hyperspace Starfleet, and the vast superiority of the Outcast empire compared to our organisation. I have little doubt that there is so much more you could explain to me, or that you will.

As for the matter of data acquisition, haulage and interdiction reports, I would direct you to your own quartermasters, as you did us to ours. For precisely the same reasons, even. To satisfy your forceful direction, a selection of shipping data have been made available to you. The bare minimum, in alignment with my interest for this to continue. Perhaps in some way I cannot fathom, you will find repetitive data like this and the formulaic reports you spoke of, compelling or pleasing. While we make use of a great deal of data, we find meaning in the calculus of it, the patterns. In future and in an ongoing capacity, you can direct such inane queries to your own subordinates, who I am certain keep track of cardamine distribution, as do we our technology.

For absolute clarity, your response to this communication is not anticipated. I would be distraught at the notion of taking up more of your time. Or weathering more of the dishonorable posturing and implicit threats undertaken heretofore. Lest you tell me more about how little the Lane Hackers do, how maligned we are, or your own personal feelings. Assertions, all. Altogether it seems given your approach that for whatever reason, neither cooperation nor fraternity beyond the bare minimum are your personal intent. Good day.

\\:[]