Discovery Gaming Community
To the Zoner Council - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To the Zoner Council (/showthread.php?tid=19342)

To the Zoner Council - Niezck - 04-16-2009

####Incoming Transmission####

Comm ID: Guild Command Ship Comoros
To: Council of Zoners

Oh great Council of Zoners,

As you are well aware, the IMG and Zoners have maintained a friendly relationship in the recent years, and we, the IMG, would wish to call upon you to strengthen this bond further.

We wish to request full mining rights in the Omega-49 system, a key system under your control, as we believe the profits that could be brought to both our mining ships, and your planet Gran Canaria, would greatly benefit both parties.

As it stands, we are unaware of any mining operations within the Niobium fields of Omega-49, and would wish for exclusive rights to them, for a certain fee, of course. Also, naturally, a percentage of the resouces would be delivered to Gran Canaria itself each standard month, in return for these rights.

I await your reply,

David Masterson, Guildmaster of the Independent Miner's Guild.

####End Transmission####

To the Zoner Council - Malaclypse 666 - 04-16-2009

To: Masterson, IMG
Comm ID: Malaclypse, Delegate, Council of Zoners

Dear David,

The Council has considered your request in private session. I have been asked by Chairman Archer to convey the Council's wishes.

After due deliberation, we are happy to inform you that the IMG is welcome to mine Niobium in Omega 49.

However, your Guild will not be given exclusive rights to these rich deposits. The system is open to all those who call Zoners their friends; and awarding an exclusive franchise is contrary to this philosophy.

Further, on a personal note, the TAZ would request that any ships trading or mining in Omega 49 do not disturb the tomb of our comrade, Shamus O'Shaunessy, which orbits Planet Fuerteventura, the site of his victory over the Ska Ralla. (F-23 Shamus would appreciate this as well, even though he no longer has any use for his primate remains. He likes to visit himself occasionally.)

We hope this is acceptable to your Guild, sir.

Regards,
Malaclypse, for Chairman Archer, CoZ

To: Delegate Malcalypse, Council of Zoners

The Guild will happily accept these terms, and wishes for the co-operation between the IMG and the Zoners to last.

####End Transmission####

' Wrote:The Guild will happily accept these terms, and wishes for the co-operation between the IMG and the Zoners to last.

Comm ID: Mal, CoZ

I see...

...then perhaps you could explain how "this" fulfills your wish for cooperation...?

Just curious,
Mal

To: Delegate Malcalypse, Council of Zoners

Edict 63 would, naturally, not include Zoners. We just wished to clarify that our bases are not public, and only open to those that the IMG consider friendly.

I will not amend the edict to fully explain this.

Regards,

David Masterson, Guildmaster of the IMG, on behalf of the Guild Council.

####End Transmission####

To the Zoner Council - Crassus - 04-16-2009

Comm ID: Furball
To: Council.

' Wrote:The Council has considered your request in private session. I have been asked by Chairman Archer to convey the Council's wishes.

After due deliberation, we are happy to inform you that the IMG is welcome to mine Niobium in Omega 49.

Private session? extremely private by the sounds of it, just the two members and a unanimous decision,
due deliberation indeed, the whole thing sounds a bit odd to me.
Perhaps the newly formed sub commitee for allowing a bunch of miners free reign to trample over my home might like to inform the rest of us when this arrangement is due to start?

Furball Out.

Comm ID: Malaclypse
To: Furball

Sir, all our deliberations are now "private". By "our", I refer of course to the Council. As I recall, you are indeed a Member in good standing of the Council; and I would encourage you to direct your concerns there. This is hardly the place for Zoners to be airing their "laundry" and modus operandi to the Sirius general public.

See you in Chambers,
Mal