Discovery Gaming Community
[IND]Gin.Palace to the LPI - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: [IND]Gin.Palace to the LPI (/showthread.php?tid=19368)

[IND]Gin.Palace to the LPI - JakeSG - 04-17-2009

Ain't no luck for me terday. First some shoe Bretonian HMS spreads malicious slanders of me smugglin', then ah come home ter Liberty an' find some picture blowin' me up fer supplyin' me own damned base!

So here ah was, right? Haulin' some Gate/Lane Parts down ter Bonn Station in Rheinland. I gets to Texas an' this guy Masket bails me up. Tells me I can't take 'em down to Bonn, a bloody Interspace Commerce base, simply because it's in Rheinland! So, after a long an' length arguement wit' minimum input from him, ah point out that it's either we brings 'em down from Liberty to a Liberty station which benefits us both times, or we buys 'em from Rheinland and we strengthen their economy. Seein' as we's at war, ah don't think we want that. No luck, he says a laws a law. I think it's a clause yeh should look into.

So eventually I caves in and turn to head back to New York, return the parts where they came from, like. An' he shouts out 'Oi! Stop! Yew've gotta pay the fine!' I asks 'For what?' an' he says 'Fer smugglin' Gate/Lane Parts!'. Now, at this point I'm really confused, y'see, 'cos I's proved me loyalty to the Ageirans numbers of times, and now THEY are payin' me ter haul this stuff where they needs it. I point this out ter him, but he's stubborn as a bloody badger.

So, after repeatedly refusin' ter pay until he gets his boss, he opens fire. At this point, ah's had enough. I'm not payin' somebody who's too much of a lamp ter call his higher-ups so we can settle things wit' some intelligence. He'd probly bloody squander it on cardamine or summat.

Now, I's got nothin' against you law-fellers. Y'all do a fine job. But occassionally yeh gets somebody who's too thick ter find his own teeth, an' that's when somethin' like this happens. This boy needs a good smack 'round the head, so I's respectfully askin' fer one of two things:
  1. Twenty million credits from his own pocket as compensation
    Or
  2. His resignation from the LPI.
Expect me lawyers tomorrow.

Respec'fly
- Ted Wesley, Proprietor/Owner of the Gin Palace

[IND]Gin.Palace to the LPI - Bauer - 04-17-2009

---Incoming Transmission---
--CommID: Captain Jack Bauer--

Hello Mr Wesley. Officer Masket's actions were completely legal.
Please make yourself familiar with the Liberty Laws.

First of all, you may not, under any circumstances, trade goods between Rheinland and Liberty, as quoted underneath.

Section 4 of the Liberty Laws:
Quote:[*] Liberty Texan total blockade

As our nation is currently at war with Rheinland, all trading traffic toward Rheinland or coming from it is now to be halt and turn back. Pilots attempting to break the blockade will be terminated on sight. UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Secondly, as you are neither Ageira or DSE, you are not allowed to haul these gate/lane parts. The law about this is quoted underneath.

Section 5 of the Liberty Laws, under Corporate Crimes:
Quote:Corporate Crimes
[*]Violation of Trade Secrets; Defined as the violation of the implicit confidential and lawful trade practices of a commercial entity. Most commonly applied to non-Ageira or non-DSE holders of Gate/Lane parts. Penalty is 500,000 credits.

You still have a 500,000 credit fine to pay Mr Wesley. Laws are laws, and you must abide by them at all times.

Signed,

Captain Bauer

-End of Transmission-
--Data Connection Lost--

[IND]Gin.Palace to the LPI - JakeSG - 04-17-2009

Yes, yes, ah understand 'bout the embargo, hence this: 'I think it's a clause yeh should look into.'. You really want us to be forced ter support Rheinland? Because Bonn sure as hell ain't gonna survive on nothin'.

However, what ah don't understand is fine. Ageiran's make the parts, DSE assembles the parts, Interspace Commerce insures the parts. There's all kinds've odd men in between, doin' the shippin', so while they's gotta get from point a to point b, why not cut out one of the middle men and have somebody yeh trust enough to handle yer insurance spread a little of the work out fer you? 'S only logic, Mister Bauer.

Seein' as Ageirans own the copyrites, I see this as bein' their law. Sure, you lot can enforce it, but if they want to trust somebody enough ta ler 'em haul their goods, why're you gettin' in the way?

I'm willin' to pay the fine ter clear stuff up, but these issues need to be adressed an' this daft fool needs a kick in the teeth. If some low-ranking officer don't have the patience to call a higher-up who was very clearly available, how can you trust him with such important matters of the law?

- Ted Wesley

[IND]Gin.Palace to the LPI - Seth Karlo - 04-17-2009

[Incoming Transmission]
[ID: Lawyer Simon Kress]

To the LPI,

If you indeed stopped the Gin Palace and had him return to New York, you cannot claim he was smuggling. Also, DSE has almost no vessels...neither have Ageira. Therefore, how can you not know that Mr Wesley wasn't doing as was asked by him by an Ageira or DSE representative.

Until you have such proof's, I advise you drop your insistence of a fine, as I could press for charges against your officer for false harrasment and assault.

My consultent fee is in the post,

Thanks,

Simon.

[Transmission ends]

[IND]Gin.Palace to the LPI - Bauer - 04-17-2009

---Incoming Transmission---

Urgh, lawyers.

Until we have proof that he is hauling for Ageira/DSE by an authorised Ageira/DSE representative, the fine remains.

Also, tell me where I said he was smuggling.

Signed,

Captain Bauer

-End of Transmission-
--Data Connection Lost--

[IND]Gin.Palace to the LPI - hack - 04-17-2009

***** Connection detected *****

***** Comm Origin: Fort Bush *****

***** Comm ID: Deputy Chief Hull O'Brian *****

To: Interested Parties

Subject: Relaxation of the Embargo Laws

Dear Sir / Madams,

We faithful officers of the LPI do not make policy for Liberty. The Governing Body of Liberty has decided the policy of the Embargo. The Liberty Navy, the Liberty Security Force , and Liberty Police are just the enforcement arm of this policy.

We understand that you have business to run, but we have a job to do. If the IND wishes to supply Bonn Station from Liberty, you should lobby the Liberty Governing body and see if they will give you an exception in writing. We cannot arbitrarily change laws as we are not the ruling body here.

***** Comm signal lost ****

[IND]Gin.Palace to the LPI - Seth Karlo - 04-17-2009

' Wrote:---Incoming Transmission---

Urgh, lawyers.

Until we have proof that he is hauling for Ageira/DSE by an authorised Ageira/DSE representative, the fine remains.

Also, tell me where I said he was smuggling.

Signed,

Captain Bauer

-End of Transmission-
--Data Connection Lost--

If you do not say he was smuggling, why the fine?

[IND]Gin.Palace to the LPI - Virus - 04-17-2009

' Wrote:---Incoming Transmission---

Urgh, lawyers.

<cut>

Now, I'll probably get in trouble with the boss for this, but I know my rights, and his rights in Liberty. And ain't one of those clauses "Innocent until proven guilty"? Essentially, you can not impose a punishment without proving that there was a law broken, and then proving he did it. Or is Liberty turning into Rheinland?

-Alejandro Escobar
- IND

[IND]Gin.Palace to the LPI - Dab - 04-17-2009

Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Sergeant Alexi Burgess
Recipient: Alejandro Escobar

In this case, the Gin Palace has been found carrying restricted goods. Those being Gate/Lane parts. According to the law, as cited below,* any and all transports not affiliated with Ageira or Deep Space Engineering are subject to a fine of 500,000 credits. Unless the ship's owner can provide sufficient evidence that proves he was working for either Ageira or Deep Space Engineering, he is guilty of violating a Corporate Crime.
The fact that neither Ageira or Deep Space Engineering has stepped forward in your defense, and that you have not been able to provide a name of someone inside either corporation that can vouch for any transportation deals that may exist, provides us with ample reason and justification in the arrest and/or penalizing of the Gin Palace.
As previously stated; The LPI does not dictate Libertonian Law. That is the job of our government. Our job is to uphold their decisions to the best of our ability. We may question it, we may disagree with it, but what we do not do is disobey it. Our orders are to stop all transports heading to/from Rheinland and to turn them back the way they came. Interspace is no exception to this. If you wish to go there and come back, you need to persuade the government to authorize Interspace. If you wish to carry Gate/Lane Parts, you must discuss a deal with Ageira and gain authorization to transport Gate/Lane parts.
Once you have said authorization, the Police will not try to restrict any Gate/Lane transports flying your colors. However, the fine Gin Palace owes will not be refunded unless Ageira informs us that a transportation agreement already exists between them and Interspace. Even if you were to make a deal at this moment, the Gin Palace is still be required to pay his fine, for his actions were still illegal at the time of the incident.
*Corporate Crimes
Violation of Trade Secrets; Defined as the violation of the implicit confidential and lawful trade practices of a commercial entity. Most commonly applied to non-Ageira or non-DSE holders of Gate/Lane parts. Penalty is 500,000 credits.
-Sergeant Alexi Burgess, Liberty Police Inc.
<div align="right]End Transmission