Discovery Gaming Community
Project: [FLG]VG-Mazagran (COMPLETED) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Gallia (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+----- Forum: Front de Libération de Gallia (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=633)
+------ Forum: Projects of The Front (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=634)
+------ Thread: Project: [FLG]VG-Mazagran (COMPLETED) (/showthread.php?tid=193694)

Project: [FLG]VG-Mazagran (COMPLETED) - Front de Libération de Gallia - 07-13-2022

THE FINAL STRETCH

This project is the culmination of previous projects which were completed.
End goal: To refurbish the husks that were towed, and to make them operational in our fight against the Union.

RE: Project: The Final Stretch - Jacobin - 07-13-2022

[Image: 2XeAWnv.png]

[Image: FoBEUIi.png]
[Image: 8G6w5hp.png]

Author: Michael Jacobin
Subject: The Final Stretch

13 July 745 A.G.S.

Okay everyone, listen up!

I was able to make brief contact with the boss. Turns out he really is having a leisurely vacation around Sirius. He better return in one piece though. Anyway, he expressed a desire to finally get these husks operational. While the Caussade drydock is complete and we managed to tow multiple decommissioned husks to Caussade, they're just floating there and deteriorating from the asteroids that keep smashing into the hulls. Yes, we did have some contracts to obtain materials such as hull panels, but they're nowhere near enough to repair ships of this size. So, we are going to need more materials, and lots of them. I will call some favours and get contracts set up with some allies to help us with some of it, but get hauling people. We need lots of material transported to Caussade. Monsieur Lavigned will have a full list prepared for us.

Next, we're going to need expertise. Our engineers know how to build and maintain Tarasque-class ships. However, this one, while still ex-council technology, has significant differences. I haven't been able to find any ex-council engineer within our cells who have experience with these things - well those who are alive anyway. I think our current engineers can put their heads together with some of our allies who know how to build and maintain ships of this size, and we'll come out successful. At least, come out with ships that won't blow themselves up when they try to fire a turret because of some system overload.

Because this is the boss' explicit desire to get these things up and running, this project takes precedence over all other projects. Recall your men and women from the other projects if you need to. You know what to do. Pour Gallia!

Terminer l'émission,
Michael Jacobin

[Image: e7e07cc5324e317b39bc9d9512bc41c1.png]

RE: Project: The Final Stretch - ambasada.ludozerska - 07-14-2022

Author: Raimund Lavigned
Subject: List of materials

Putain de merde, finally someone noticed my area of expertise!
I went outside to see the hulk. Good news is, about 1/5th of armor and equipment is in good enough shape to reuse right away or with minor repairs. Bad news is, 80% of a heavy battleship is still a shit ton. Fortunely, we don't have to do everything at once - we'll need to divide the construction into stages for purely technical reasons, and as a side effect we can stagger the deliveries of materials to make them more manageable. Not like it's going to be easy even then...

The first thing we have to get done is the power grid and propulsion - it's both essential if we want to be able to move the ship in case of an emergency, and we'll be unable to place it down with the whole hull in place. That will be the worst part - most of it is gone, and while I convinced Pamiers' crew to pull out the schematics, or at least what's left of them after multiple hardware failures and years of accumulated makeshift repairs, there are some structural differences and we cannot apply them as they are. It still allows us to estimate the amount of components needed though. For now I'll keep the list only to materials needed for the power grid, and follow it up with later stages as the work progresses.

[Image: SiNOhkY.png]

Energy Field Equipment 2 400 tons
Engine Components 3 000 tons
Fusion Diodes 10 000 tons
Heat Sinks 10 000 tons
Magnets 1 600 tons
Superconductors 75 000 tons
Plasfoam Conduits 95 000 tons

Normally, we'd need less of them, but without a proper shipyard we're bound to lose a significant portion of materials to mistakes, accidents or just being unable to reuse the leftovers. Of course there also is a chance I just overdone the numbers as I tried to keep on the safe side, but it's better if we have something in reserve once we're done than if we found ourselves lacking the supplies to proceed.
Anyway, I suggest we start looking for suppliers as soon as possible - the construction is going to take long enough even without waiting for materials, and I have a feeling this is something we'll find ourselves doing a lot in the foreseeable future.

Terminer l'émission,
Raimund Lavigned

RE: Project: The Final Stretch - Jacobin - 07-15-2022

Author: Michael Jacobin
Subject: My progress tracker

You heard the man, let's get hauling. I'll reach out to our allies if we have trouble bringing anything in as well. People better not slack off, because I am keeping tabs!

Energy Field Equipment 0 / 2 400 tons
Engine Components 0 / 3 000 tons
Fusion Diodes 0 / 10 000 tons
Heat Sinks 0 / 10 000 tons
Magnets 0 / 1 600 tons
Superconductors 0 / 75 000 tons
Plasfoam Conduits 38 500 / 95 000 tons

Don't forget, once your transport has arrived at Cassaude, notify the quartermaster at this channel.

Terminer l'émission,
Michael Jacobin

RE: Project: The Final Stretch - ambasada.ludozerska - 07-18-2022

Author: Raimund Lavigned
Subject: Minor complications

Seems Jacobin got too stressed with the whole thing and took a liner into deep space to relax. I can't really blame him for that, but it does complicate things a bit - while he remembered to patch me into the communication channels, he forgot to transfer the write access to his progress tracker. I made a copy of it and it should be running by now, but there may be more situations like that happening in the near future.

Energy Field Equipment 3 000/2 400 tons
Engine Components 0/3 000 tons
Fusion Diodes 2 125/10 000 tons
Heat Sinks 0/10 000 tons
Magnets 0/1 600 tons
Superconductors 0/75 000 tons
Plasfoam Conduits 85 250/95 000 tons

The speed isn't outstanding, but it's not terrible either, and we can soon expect a significant increase in it once our allies start giving us some assistance with the project.

Terminer l'émission,
Raimund Lavigned

RE: Project: The Final Stretch - Front de Libération de Gallia - 11-23-2022

Engine Components 3000/3 000 tons
Fusion Diodes 6170/10 000 tons
Heat Sinks 10 000/10 000 tons
Magnets 1600/1 600 tons
Superconductors 65,000/75 000 tons
Plasfoam Conduits 95,000/95 000 tons
The Front engineers have been working around the clock in the so laboriously refitted Caussade. It has been well over a year since their complicated plan was set into motion. The Champagne Heist couldn't have happened without the colossal distraction in the form of the fake Lorraine Uprising. Billions spent, hundreds of people across Sirius involved, no tangible result. Until now. The first husk that arrived to Roussillon from Planet Marne's orbit has been much harder to patch up than expected. Hundreds of thousands of tonnes of material have been delivered to Roussillon and great resources have been spent on using them on the first of hopefully multiple sisterships that will take part of the Battlegroup Pamiers.

After quick deliberation about the soon-to-be-re-commissioned Redemption, there was not much discussion about its name. The name it will bear will honor the greatest Maquisard sacrifice. The sacrifice that garnered the widespread support the Maquis enjoy in the first free systems of Gallia. The sacrifice of the brave women and men who were assaulted, gassed, and later annihilated for their beliefs, in the former Maquisard Headquarters that now lies in ruin in Champagne. That name is:

Mazagran

RE: Project: The Final Stretch - Front de Libération de Gallia - 12-20-2022

Fusion Diodes 6170/10 000 tons
Magnets 1600/1 600 tons
Superconductors 75,000/75 000 tons
The work on Mazagran is more or less complete - AWES have delivered the Superconductors. The vessel is pressurized, armaments are being mounted, and internal work is almost done. We have been tirelessly working on the reactor.

But without the remaining Fusion Diodes, we cannot guarantee stability. We can't have an FLG flagship that will give in within minutes to mere basic operation. This is the final step - perhaps the Coalition that were the ones that made this possible with Caussade refit assistance will be the ones who can deliver?

We also have something special in mind - the nutty professor Touvier might have actually used the destructive anomalous power of Tau-23 productively - he has certainly taken his time working on it. Something so destructive and volatile would be worthy of a Maquisard flagship for sure!

RE: Project: The Final Stretch - Front de Libération de Gallia - 02-24-2023

Fusion Diodes10,000/10 000 tons
Magnets 1600/1 600 tons
Superconductors 75,000/75 000 tons
It took the technicians two months after getting the final shipment of diodes to get the reactor stable. A Restoration project that would take weeks in a shipyard now took most part of the year in the less-than-ideal Roussillon conditions.

It was slow going, with setbacks and shortages constantly threatening to derail the project. But the unified Council and Maquisard Front technicians were nothing if not determined, and gradually Mazagran began to take shape. The process wasn't pretty, we used materials from all ends of Gallia and Sirius. Months passed, and finally, the day of reckoning arrived.

Mazagran emerges
The command of the final test flight was given to commandeur Maud Bettina Marie, former Capitaine de corvette of the Council Navy with a distinguished career in the Gallic Wars, who has earned the trust of the Maquisards. The ship's crew had spent months preparing for this moment, ensuring that every system and component was functioning perfectly. As Mazagran soared through the void of space, the crew tested its weapons and propulsion systems, pushing the ship to its limits. Despite the rigorous testing, there was a palpable sense of excitement among the crew and Maud Bettina Marie as they prepared to take the fight to their oppressors. They knew that after Pamiers itself Mazagran was their greatest hope for victory, and they are now determined to see it through to the end more than ever.

The sister ship was finally ready. The Vaisseaux de Guerre is named Mazagran so that Maquisards never forget what they are fighting for.