Discovery Gaming Community
A Whisper to the Bird - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: A Whisper to the Bird (/showthread.php?tid=193983)

A Whisper to the Bird - Caliban - 07-30-2022

Please...

...why won't you stop?

Agh! Stop it!

Fear.

You're wrong! She hasn't left!

...sh- she...hasn't...

She couldn't...

RE: A Whisper to the Bird - Kauket - 07-30-2022

The intrusive thoughts came through as she pondered, theorising about the Sentinels and Harbingers intent. The voices emerged, the raw fear, that familiarity. She paused. Stopping drawing on the digital sketchboard within her mind. Her heart dropped in recognition.

Turning around, she spoke out to the void of her own mind, that desperation emerged once more, the negative emotions swelling within as the subconscious was toyed with grief and loss once more...

"Vincent...? No - I... I never abandoned him. Never. "

A mutual feeling of sorrow was shared as they resumed their thoughts on theorising, trying to formulate ideas, letting loose an echoed sigh.

RE: A Whisper to the Bird - Caliban - 07-31-2022

The Great Sphere...

...what is the Great Sphere?

Why are they talking to him...?

...they sent him away?

Pain.

AAAARGH!
It hurts so much!
Stop!
STOP!

RE: A Whisper to the Bird - Kauket - 07-31-2022

Perking up once more, they hopped away from their mental workstation, glaring around in confusion.

"Vincent... Vincent? Can you hear me? You have to fight. Ego is going to get you killed. Please. You have to wake up. Vincent... You have to resist. Don't let Ego lead you to your doom. Come back. Please. "

A hundred voices spoke at once, drowning the other. A sense of sorrow washed upon the Bird. It addressed to her with mockery.

The Key will endure. The Hireling will do as requested. Survival is paramount.

You have listened enough.

Begone.

A hissing disdain was held as his alter-ego took form, his voice drowned out.

"Cretin. You dare to intrude upon my mind and tell me to vacate?

You will never survive if you never reform yourself as one whole being.

You will not endure. You must become whole again.

Heal or suffer the consequences of your own apathy.

I cannot guarantee your survival if you persist in such a way."

The laughing of a thousand children surrounded the Bird. She did not understand. She was not meant to understand. The voices spoke once more.

The Hireling pleaded for relief. The Key provided.

Three sides. Two fall. One rises.

We will see through The Hireling's eyes.

The Harbinger will rejoice.

A certain coldness came awash, that slight grief of loss, knowing that the individual is fractured beyond repair, and will likely never wish to repair themselves willingly. With the split of personality, some realisation came to mind that he was playing with Nomadic materials again, or has been.

"Corrupted... Playing with things you do not know. Much was to be expected. I will not elaborate upon the answers you seek with the Great Sphere, unless you become whole.

Near-transparent tendrils had begun to wrap around her feet. A pale green turning into pitch black as they got closer to the body.. A hallucination of sorts or maybe reality itself being warped. The entity had dragged itself from the floor and into the Bird's room. Its faceless head mere inches in front of hers. It spoke to her, once again with mockery in its tone. A laughter.

Your knowledge is inconsequential. You are fed such by the spoon, while we bask in it.

We do not require them to be united.

Three minds. Two fall. One rises.

One mind. One goal. One purpose.

Our purpose.

The entity let go of the Bird. It fell once more into the ground, vanishing from the scene. A bright flash of light blinded the Bird afterwards. One last whisper before the silence.

The Key was never just Vincent.

As the form took shape within her realm, fascination was drawn more and more as it spoke words of great familiarity. She took the moment to analyse it in great intrigue, not feeling threatened by it at all. Connections were made, she understood more and more as it spoke. The Dyson Ore. Why Harbinger wanted it. What it may mean.

"Fascinating... So that is why he needed it. A psychometric feedback from the constant exposure of the continuous emission of the crystals resonance.

...Information, bred into you, from absorbing that crystal. A catalyst from the powercells, feeding it more and more, corrupting more and more into him.

Oh, don't you worry. I am fully capable of learning myself. It is the matter of time, that of which neither you nor I will have. "

She eyed it sliding out, pondering to herself,

"Neheheheh... He was being groomed before he even realised it."