Discovery Gaming Community
Potential Hotspot - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Potential Hotspot (/showthread.php?tid=194347)

Pages: 1 2

Potential Hotspot - Vitoniz30 - 08-26-2022

From what I can see, Omicrons look pretty dead for some time, while story team gave us a lot of potential to organize trade/combat/mini siege events:

* Core offensive in Omicron Kappa (Core/Corsairs)

* Outcast offensive in Omicron Theta (Outcasts/Corsairs)

* Order "Leviathan" operation in Omicron Minor (Order/Nomads)

We could try to announce a series of tactical events as player base, without involving admins (unless it's necessary). It can be anything related - logistics mission to support the main attack group, search and destroy haulers/depots, local combats, reconnaissance etc. Anything to reflect the current story progression hence players will be interested in action. And to avoid stagnation, we can switch between the three points and create events of different types

RE: Potential Hotspot - Kauket - 08-26-2022

if only there were players tbh

you'd only realistically get people for corsairs v outcast fights

RE: Potential Hotspot - Groshyr - 08-26-2022

The attempt to resurrect the Core with a PMC faction failed - Core remains dead. I haven't seen K'Hara online for a while outside of Connecticut so Ikret has it: only Outcasts vs Corsairs realistically possible, unless someone make a new Core faction that will survive for long enough to attract people

RE: Potential Hotspot - Binski - 08-26-2022

There are a ton of places that would see some epic times if we were able to make use of the game world. It would be much better though if the admins and devs wanted to actively operate these situations. I think if we changed to a new mode of player factions driving their own moves and story, we'd have more active players here on average.

Recently I noticed a fixed solar that is a cruise engine/cloak disruptor, and its destructible. Just a CD and cloak distruptor on a bouey, but a brilliant idea! That would be perfect if turned into a player buildable object, with a high cost. Factions could try to build them at the entrance points to their space, or near important bases/planets...and opponents could try to keep track of them and destroy them. Others could try to guard and use them. Make repair ships work to repair them and it would be really interesting! Let terrorist/unlawfuls drop them here or there to make trouble for the houses. Its a chance for naturally forming hotspots that also causes player consumption.

I'd love to see the Order actually muster a decent group to try to siege/capture a Core base for once (or the opposite). To me, they should be able to do that all the time. Sairs and OC's too of course. If it were the norm here, player population would be a lot higher in no time. As it stands, none of these factions can really do anything to each other so they don't attract any players for long. I'd invest in ships to join in somewhere, if there were a better long term purpose to it. With a few new game things and some simple rule tweaks and we can unclog the flow here easy.

RE: Potential Hotspot - ronillon - 08-26-2022

(08-26-2022, 10:55 AM)Binski Wrote: Recently I noticed a fixed solar that is a cruise engine/cloak disruptor, and its destructible. Just a CD and cloak distruptor on a bouey, but a brilliant idea! That would be perfect if turned into a player buildable object, with a high cost.

I think you are talking about Cruise Inhibitors https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=148452
Althought I admit not remembering they had cloak disruptors packed in.

RE: Potential Hotspot - Kauket - 08-26-2022

(08-26-2022, 12:52 PM)ronillon Wrote:
(08-26-2022, 10:55 AM)Binski Wrote: Recently I noticed a fixed solar that is a cruise engine/cloak disruptor, and its destructible. Just a CD and cloak distruptor on a bouey, but a brilliant idea! That would be perfect if turned into a player buildable object, with a high cost.

I think you are talking about Cruise Inhibitors https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=148452

they dont. they just use the same alchemy effect. its just visual to say when its fired off the cd aoe

RE: Potential Hotspot - Darius - 08-26-2022

(08-26-2022, 10:31 AM)Groshyr Wrote: The attempt to resurrect the Core with a PMC faction failed - Core remains dead. I haven't seen K'Hara online for a while outside of Connecticut so Ikret has it: only Outcasts vs Corsairs realistically possible, unless someone make a new Core faction that will survive for long enough to attract people

Core and Nomads remain dead because of lack of interest from either sides to log in and play the game. It's very easy to get or even start a fun story if you're willing to log in for a few hours and fly about, but current Nomad and Core players just want to sit on the playerlist 24/7 until they get something to /1/2. It's not how you play Discovery Freelancer.

Applies just as much to the PMC attempt. I saw them in-game ONCE and even that was just a 20 mins long log to talk with some Rheinland Military players. How do people expect to have active regions when they don't go through the effort of logging in?

RE: Potential Hotspot - Binski - 08-26-2022

(08-26-2022, 12:56 PM)Kauket Wrote:
(08-26-2022, 12:52 PM)ronillon Wrote:

they dont. they just use the same alchemy effect. its just visual to say when its fired off the cd aoe

If you try cloaking within its range it wont let you cloak either. I guess I admit I never tried to move through it already cloaked, but assumed it's the same. Seems useful for important points of a route, if placed by a jumphole or jumpgate, it would prevent cloaked ships from jumping in undetected, and from cruising away. Very useful near capital planets and POB's as well I figure. Cool idea, just needs to be buildable and earnable!

RE: Potential Hotspot - Swifty - 08-27-2022

(08-26-2022, 01:42 PM)DariusCiprian Wrote:
(08-26-2022, 10:31 AM)Groshyr Wrote: The attempt to resurrect the Core with a PMC faction failed - Core remains dead. I haven't seen K'Hara online for a while outside of Connecticut so Ikret has it: only Outcasts vs Corsairs realistically possible, unless someone make a new Core faction that will survive for long enough to attract people

Core and Nomads remain dead because of lack of interest from either sides to log in and play the game. It's very easy to get or even start a fun story if you're willing to log in for a few hours and fly about, but current Nomad and Core players just want to sit on the playerlist 24/7 until they get something to /1/2. It's not how you play Discovery Freelancer.

Applies just as much to the PMC attempt. I saw them in-game ONCE and even that was just a 20 mins long log to talk with some Rheinland Military players. How do people expect to have active regions when they don't go through the effort of logging in?

let's not have this discussion about PMC or Core in general because back in 2014, everyone was okay with the idea of "hey how cool!!! Core and BHG finally getting separated and doing different things with APM to support them!!@!@!@!@", it gave both Order and Nomads something to shoot. Some of the people who were part of it, who ironically are still here today will hypocritically disagree, when at the time it conveniently seemed like a good idea (just disco things m8, get used to it). PMC wasn't enough, so the Imperium thing was a frankenstein brought to life, but again, people took a huge crap on that idea too. Perhaps it was taken too far, perhaps it was poorly introduced/forced down people's throats, but i dont think running the only person interested enough to go somewhere, out of the server and community was the best idea, even though even i had my disagreements with Lythler. But again, that is just a normal thing in disco that i would imagine everyone is used to it by now instead of bringing up things like you said every once in a while, almost seeming like you're feeling sorry (give me a break, i know you aren't so don't dramatize) for the fact the faction died and/or nobody shows any kind of interest anymore.

All in all, you dont want a PMC, you dont want an empire, hell, maybe people just want another faction bullied by LiGov to obey their will so that li Corps tentacles spread into the Omicrons like IC just did in Gallia. Booooooring.

RE: Potential Hotspot - Darius - 08-27-2022

Swifty you seem stuck on thinking people just want to delete Core. No, nobody actually wants to do that. People, be they normal players or devs, just want to have factions with limits set in place so we don't end up with another Liberty plot armor nonsense story arc.

The Core's organization, however, is hardly of relevance to the matter at hand. The point is, Core as a player faction is virtually non-existing anymore and same can be applied to Nomads. That is the answer(s) to Vito's questions.