Discovery Gaming Community
>> To: Revenant - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: >> To: Revenant (/showthread.php?tid=194395)

>> To: Revenant - Levenna - 08-28-2022

Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ ❀ From: Ashikaga Tsudzuri
Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ
Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ ❀ To: Revenant
Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ
Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ ❀ Subject: BIS Operative Alice Dee

Good evening, Raven. This message is encrypted, and should hopefully be a secure communication. Living with a government constantly on the look out for any opportunity to be rid of you has its upsides in the skillset it forces you to learn, I suppose.

As promised, I reviewed my communications with BIS agent Alice Dee prior to our second conversation today. Regrettably, as would be expected for an intelligence operative, much was cryptic. The only meaningful information I managed to glean from her was that she is assigned seemingly to the Taus and Kusari to oversee intelligence operations, and that she took a great interest as soon as I dropped that I'd met 'an Auxesian' earlier in the day. Her immediate assumption was that you had offered me some form of employment prior to you actually doing so, which I found to be notable, and equally she took interest in the fact that you had been operating close to Kusari.

It was my hope that I would have more to report, but she kept her cards close to her chest. When next we meet I will see if I can't be a little more probing, as well as keeping my own information and doings a little more hidden.

Ashikaga Tsudzuri
Rōnin

RE: >> To: Revenant - Kauket - 08-29-2022

...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: Revenant
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: XR94UN9.png]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

Hello again, Ashikaga.

Thank you for the information. Do you have any data logs by chance? Some key points can be found within vagueness. But it is no surprise that they would take interest in my presence.

Oh, do be careful. They can be equally as paranoid with who they know you have been in contact with. I will also be making attempts in finding out what they're doing here. It seems the SIS is also interested in me, from what I have gathered. But that is no surprise.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream

RE: >> To: Revenant - Levenna - 08-30-2022

Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ ❀ From: Ashikaga Tsudzuri
Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ
Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ ❀ To: Revenant
Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ
Ξ Ξ Ξ Ξ ❀ Subject: BIS Operative Alice Dee

Good evening once again.

I believe yesterday's logs would be best described as a drop in the ocean, Raven-san. I happened across the very same intelligence agent once again, assisting Caliban against Gallic royalists of the same regiment as the ones we came across yesterday by Freeport 10. Agent Dee paid me handsomely to assist, and I did exactly that. But this is somewhat tangential. Afterwards we had another conversation of sorts. She regrettably noted my presence alongside you at the Freeport but seemed oddly unphased by this. She does not strike me as the typical intelligence agency type; were she not bound by professionalism I have a feeling she would be a little more liberal in who she trusts.

She offered me a job once again, I declined on the grounds that I could not bring myself to trust her organisation. She was upfront that Bretonia's politicians and military had not always been the most loyal or made the greatest decisions, however. I can respect her free admission of such. She equally has frequently reiterated the offer for me to flee to Bretonia if necessary, offering shelter and anything else I may need, which tells me that they may be in greater need of assistance than I'd first thought. While I had outright denied working with the BIS or SIS as an organisation, Dee-san appears to be at least more honest and upfront than most intelligence agents, and I can't help but feel that she means well. I had counteroffered that I may do the occasional job for her and her alone rather than any intelligence service with dubious motivations.

That was the end of our conversation in space, more or less, however she later sent a communication while I rested and repaired my battle damage on Freeport 10, confirming that she had cleared herself some basic leeway to give me smaller tasks to assist in the protection of Bretonia and her protection alone, rather than any expansionist plans. This is an offer I intend to take her up on with something of a.. grain of salt, to use a foreign metaphor. If nothing else, it may provide me the opportunity to potentially gain at least a limited insight in to what Bretonia intends to do relating to Kusari.

Most pertinent to you, however, I believe, is that she was willing to work with me despite having no knowledge of how deep my contact with you may or may not run. I am unsure what this means exactly, but I highly doubt that it is not notable. Make no mistake, while I have no issue working with this individual agent in a limited capacity, I am not quick to trust them and I have no intention of letting it interfere with our own arrangement. It is my hope that conflicts do not arise, curiously a hope shared by Dee-san, but if they should, I doubt that I would be quick to assist the ambition of a faltering nation over the protection of my own home.

Ashikaga Tsudzuri
Rōnin