Discovery Gaming Community
New logo in the making - Feedback is welcome - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: New logo in the making - Feedback is welcome (/showthread.php?tid=194763)

Pages: 1 2 3

New logo in the making - Feedback is welcome - Xenon - 10-20-2022

I am trying with my not enough skills of photoshop and here is the current outcome,
Feedback is most welcome... I don't feel comfortable with the outmost borders... it is not looking like a proper emblem yet.

[Image: NSE-Logo-test-3.png]

Thank you for your time

RE: New logo in the making - Feedback is welcome - Xenon - 10-20-2022

Little updates to the new logo on the left Big Grin and posting the old version on the right
Feedback is most welcome, and thanks for all feedback on discord too Smile

[Image: NSE-Logo-test-5.png] [Image: 5i91x-Gvx-EN.png]

RE: New logo in the making - Feedback is welcome - Eurobeat - 10-20-2022

That logo fits so well in the aesthetic of this game in my opinion. I think it looks great

RE: New logo in the making - Feedback is welcome - sane - 10-20-2022

(10-20-2022, 04:20 PM)Xenon Wrote: Little updates to the new logo on the left Big Grin and posting the old version on the right
Feedback is most welcome, and thanks for all feedback on discord too Smile

[Image: NSE-Logo-test-5.png] [Image: 5i91x-Gvx-EN.png]

Why change what isn't broken? The colors in the new one dont really match that well imo, the old logo was fine

RE: New logo in the making - Feedback is welcome - Xenon - 10-21-2022

Thanks @Eurobeat and @"baseFLOW" for the feedback Smile

RE: New logo in the making - Feedback is welcome - Tenshi Kuonji - 10-22-2022

Personally Mr @Xenon I prefer the old logo, the reasons...
Well, even you bring kinda "Liberty Company", you maintain neutral reputation with almost everyone, as @"baseFLOW" Told you, why you change something if isn't broken?
The old logo has some shades and mistery i can think about you feel something "interesting", plus you got the idea of using a "Copper-like" color, meaning according to the ColorWiki and other pages the follow:
"Copper represents wealth because the metal copper is valuable, but less valuable than gold or silver. The metal copper is of value mainly to use as electrical wiring because copper is the best conductor of electricity after silver."
Seeing your place in game as a Corporate, what you have, base items and alot, you remember me with Alloy, lots of Alloy/SuperAlloy and your Wealthy account and so on ...
That is why i personally like the old logo instead ...
Plus, The new Logo have something bad seeing it, You are corporate, more Libert-ish placed, but still, i don't know, the logo feels to "basic" and "Flat" ...
The old logo as i said, feels better seeing the reason why i get to know NSE in the first place. "Special Ship Equipment" and absolutely, nothing else Smile
You know ... i am just saying i hope the feedback get you a little in touch, if you finally take to change your logo, that is OK, but i will say it always
I prefer the old copper-ish one

RE: New logo in the making - Feedback is welcome - Megaera - 10-22-2022

Old one looked better for NSE.

The new logo reminds me too much of a Liberty lawful faction.
The old NSE logo was unique for NSE, therefore better.

RE: New logo in the making - Feedback is welcome - Kauket - 10-22-2022

The tone balance was better in the old one. Greyscale it, and see where your attention is drawn. Alternatively zoom out to like 20% and see what stands out more.

RE: New logo in the making - Feedback is welcome - Xenon - 10-23-2022

@Kauket, Thank you very much for the feedback, I will try greyscaling it and do what you suggested and see/share the result
@Megaera, Appreciate your feedback dear, I tried a fresh new version of the copper-colored logo shown below.
@Tenshi Kuonji, Thank you very much for the detailed feedback, but please let me clarify some points Smile
First of all, NSE is not a liberty corporation, and it is not a faction. NSE is a Freelancer installation and its HQ is in Bretonia house space.
The idea of using copper color and how you analyze it is amazing, so I tried this attempt.

[Image: NSE-Logo-test-5-2-1.png] [Image: 5i91x-Gvx-EN.png]

RE: New logo in the making - Feedback is welcome - Kauket - 10-23-2022

Greyscaling is NOT for the result. It is to check your white and black (tone) balance. Having more darker areas will make your lighter areas more pronounced. Like in the 2nd picture with darker background. It will bring your foreground (the letters) closer and more clearer.

The first pic doesn't have enough negative space and the hues and tones are too similar. It helps being blind irl because you can just lean back to see what pops. (just zoom out and use a blur to see what retains design shapes)