Discovery Gaming Community
»TO: Gaians - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: »TO: Gaians (/showthread.php?tid=194962)

»TO: Gaians - Kauket - 11-17-2022

...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: Revenant
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: q4G9s5X.png]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

I will be to the point, even if this communication may come to you as a surprise. But times change, and change is necessary to ensure that all does not succumb to the ashes of conflict.

Circumstances change over time, and a re-assessment of the political environment is needed. We can admit to fault of working too closely with Bretonia in the past - blinded by their supposed promises of prosperity, and with their betrayal within the recent years, it has been a grave mistake.

Despite my and our... displeasure of the Gaian movement working a bit too closely with the Corsairs, we do hold some sympathies for the scientists of Cambridge surrounding the situation around Gaia.

That is our only mutual understanding, that such a rare gem much be preserved - politics does not understand or adhere to the studies of science - they will only ever care for profit. Blood needs not to be spilled over trivial conflicts of old, radical re-thought must be approached in order to ensure preservation.

With those points in mind, I wished to discuss potential terms of a cease fire that benefits both parties.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream

RE: »TO: Gaians - Kauket - 11-21-2022

RE: »TO: Gaians - The Nemesis - 11-22-2022

[Image: avatar_42123.png?dateline=1570034888]
Data Packet Delivery Successful
Sender: Devin Blackwood
Source Encryption: Yes
Subject: Surprises Abound

[Image: wzFFeiF.png]
Revenant, I must say you and your people were the last ones I expected to hear from however I am willing to hear you out.

You are correct however,

Times change, and just as nature evolves and adapts to the changing world it lives in to survive, so must we. I am willing to accept your apology for working with the Bretonian Government they are, if nothing else, impressively good at lying through their teeth. As for your concern of the Corsairs that is no issue of mine, for all I care they can burn along side their Drug Running Brothers from Malta, they betrayed our trust when they sided with Gallia during the war. I do suspect we can find some mutual ground however in the area of science. While I don't know much first hand about your organization what I have heard is that you very much adhere to the logic of "Science for Sciences Sake", while I do believe that some avenues of science should be limited I am not a fool and I fully understand the merit that scientific advancement can bring to both Humanity as well as the world in which we in habit.

You reached out, what are your terms?

RE: »TO: Gaians - Kauket - 11-23-2022

...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: Revenant
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: q4G9s5X.png]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

I will admit, your stance to the Corsairs is ... peculiar. We had assumed there was good allegiance, due to previous sighting of Gaian Guard in possession of Corsair technology, as well as assisting them whenever possible. Science for science's sake... It is good to understand knowledge - but this does not necessarily mean you must create it. What most seem to forget when they mix reality with fantasy from overindulgence of sci-fi media, is that the transhuman movement is truly about being efficient as possible. Humanity, at the core, is flawed with its overconsuming expansionism, that everything will be inevitably consumed as we stretch out to the stars. Green and reproducible energy is a must in these times, resources are dwindling everywhere.

If there something you wish to know about us, ask and we will do our best to answer.

Regardless... The conditions are not solid yet. There is much to understanding to find within the Bretonian House as the acceptable middle ground, that of which includes:

Quote:- Rules of Engagement regarding the Corsairs within Bretonia
- Rules of Engagement regarding the Mollys
- Rules of Engagement regarding the Bretonian Forces
- Rules of Engagement regarding the Crayter Forces
- Rules of Engagement regarding the Order
- Situation discussion: Planet Harris & Planetform
- Situation discussion: Green Front party & Bretonian situation
- Situation discussion: Coronado - Crayter: Allied blockades, alien site, refugee crisis, Independent World 'dependence' crisis.
- Ideological discussion: Terraforming and climate adaption on barren/dead worlds.
- Edinburgh System restrictions & Gaia non-invasive scientific observation permission
- Involvement in the Barrier (Coronado corridor) trade
- Stance on cargo, such as Artifacts, Cardamine, Nomadic materials, synthetic products, etc.

Our current offerings at this moment of time - which is not finalised due to lack of understanding on the afforementioned grey areas:

Quote:- Complete Disengagement with the Gaian forces to enter a non-aggression pact. (Barring unlawful intrusions, ie. ordering a vessel to leave with no transit permission, trespassing on restricted areas permits for repurcussion, etc. )
- Damage compensation of 100.000.000 credits
- Compensation delivery of 8,000 units of Light Arms, or H-Fuel

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream

RE: »TO: Gaians - Kauket - 11-24-2022

RE: »TO: Gaians - Kauket - 12-04-2022

RE: »TO: Gaians - Kauket - 01-26-2023

RE: »TO: Gaians - Kauket - 02-15-2023