Discovery Gaming Community
Jonah's Favorite Trade Routes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Jonah's Favorite Trade Routes (/showthread.php?tid=194988)

Jonah's Favorite Trade Routes - J.O.N.A.H. - 11-20-2022

Jonah sits quietly in his office in his small home on Freeport 9 in Omicron Theta. On the screen he reviews his ship's logs, planning his next "trading" expedition. He sips his drink and contemplates calling up the small crew of his freighter and putting out some feelers to his contacts and "fences" in various ports-of-call through Sirius. On his screen is a list of the trading runs he knows all too well...
- - - - - - - - - -
Freeport Gun Runner
Freeport 9, Omicron Theta > Rochester Base, New York / Kemwer Munitions / Profit = 3265.00
Rochester Base, New York > Freeport 5, Omega 41 / Black Market Munitions / Profit = 4062.00
Freeport 5, Omega 41 > Freeport 9, Omicron Theta / Elixirs / Profit = 194.00
Total Profit = 7521.00
- - - - - - - - - -
Secret Archaeology
Pl. Crete, Omicron Gamma > Pl. Manhattan (Freelancer Landing), NY / Artifacts / Profit = 11486.00
Pl. Manhattan (Freelancer Landing), NY > Ames Research Stn, Kepler / (dead leg) / Profit = 0.00
Ames Research Stn, Kepler > Pl. Baden Baden, Stuttgart / Counterfeit Software / Profit = 3892.00
Pl. Baden Baden, Stuttgart > Lux Liner Hawaii, Sigma 19 / Wine / Profit = 2780.00
Lux Liner Hawaii, Sigma 19 > Freeport 9, Omicron Theta / Holo-Sculptures / Profit = 794.00

Total Profit = 18952.00

RE: Jonah's Favorite Trade Routes - J.O.N.A.H. - 11-20-2022

Having returned to Freeport 9 after a recent mission where he ran into the law and had some "run ins" with connected people, Jonah found himself needing to make some adjustments to avoid certain places. It really wasn't his fault though... "they" started it...
- - - - - - - - - -
Freeport Gun Runner
Freeport 9, Omicron Theta > Rochester Base, New York / Kemwer Munitions / Profit = 3265.00
Rochester Base, New York > Freeport 5, Omega 41 / Black Market Munitions / Profit = 4062.00
Freeport 5, Omega 41 > Freeport 9, Omicron Theta / Elixirs / Profit = 194.00
Totals - Time: 47:47 / Profit = 7521.00
- - - - - - - - - -
Secret Archaeology
Pl. Crete, Omicron Gamma > Pl. Manhattan (Freelancer Landing), NY / Artifacts / Profit = 11486.00
Pl. Manhattan (Freelancer Landing), NY > Ames Research Stn, Kepler / (dead leg) / Profit = 0.00
Ames Research Stn, Kepler > Kaiserslautern, New Berlin / Counterfeit Software / Profit = 3986.00
Kaiserslautern, New Berlin > Freeport 9, Omicron Theta / Side Arms / Profit = 1162.00
Total Profit = 16634.00

RE: Jonah's Favorite Trade Routes - J.O.N.A.H. - 11-25-2022

After weeks of R&R at his home on Freeport 9, Jonah was sitting in one of the station bars when the bartender slid him a drink. "I didn't order this," Jonah looked up and told the bartender. "I think you'll find you did," replied the bartender and slid a small slip of paper under the napkin that came with the drink. "How old-fashioned and melodramatic," Jonah thought as he slipped the paper into his pocket a sat quietly with the drink for a while before heading home.

Once home, he locked the door to his quarters on the station and took out the slip of paper. On it was a file name and password. He logged into Freeport 9's central shared drive, located the innocuous looking file and entered the password to open it. It simply gave landing instructions to Freeport 11 in Omicron Delta, a pub on the station and a time. Obviously a contact would meet him there.
- - - - - - - - - -
Jonah and his crew flew to Freeport-11 and secured lodging. Jonah headed to what he assumed was a meeting with a new "shipping" contact and arrived on time. He was not mistaken... although he was a bit surprised. A small, cold man in an outdated suit motioned him over to a table where he sat with 2 large and equally cold looking men, "Captain Jonah, you look exactly as you were described to me." The large men (clearly that small man's "muscle") both chuckled. Jonah chose not to respond and accepted the drink that was presented to him. After a sip he politely offered, "Nice to meet you. I guess that we are about to discuss a contract and cargo." "Yes, indeed," the small man answered, raising his eyebrows amused. Somehow the calm , quiet, snakelike voice made the small man seem more deadly than his muscle-bound counterparts. "Your transport will be loaded with Iridium, here, on Freeport 11 at which point you will be provided with a destination in Rheinland space. There you will swap the cargo out and pick up a new cargo in that same system. What you pick up there is the real cargo. Only at that time will you be told where to deliver it and, after that, you may finish with whatever shipping, legal or illicit, you feel like in indulging in. Our contacts at that destination will actually have some nice leads for you if you choose to look into them. You leave tomorrow."

"I'll get my crew ready," Jonah concluded and relaxed to finish his drink. Afterward as he stood to leave, one of the larger men subtly stood and held his arm. While the movement looked gentle and unnoticeable to anyone else in the bar, his grip was like an iron vice. Jonah clearly could not leave until allowed. The small man smiled thinly and looked up. "Capt Jonah, it is imperative that you neither fail us nor allow yourself to be flagged by police or military patrols at any point on this... favor... you do us. We pay extremely well and cherish those who profit us but we can also be most unpleasant when failed." The powerfully strong man unnoticeably turned a ring that was on a finger of the hand he held Jonah with. When the ring touched Jonah's skin he froze. To anyone else in the bar, Jonah was simply standing looking at the men for seconds but Jonah was frozen in his place with searing pain coursing through the very pain receptors in his brain for what seemed like endless hours of horrible torture. The man braced Jonah with his other hand and the pain stopped as soon as it started. Somehow only seconds had gone by but hours of torture had been endured by Jonah. "We chose you because we know you will be successful," the small man finished... with a coldness in his eyes that was as cold as a space serpent.
- - - - - - - - - -
Diamonds, Conflict and Death
Freeport 11, Omicron Delta > Vogtland Base, Dresden / Iridium / Profit = 2238.00
Leipzig Station, Dresden > Noshima Freeport, Shikoku / Blood Diamonds / Profit = 5265.00
Noshima Freeport, Shikoku > Kagoshima Depot, Kyushu / Black Market Arms / Profit = 258.00
Kagoshima Depot, Kyushu > Pl. Gran Canaria, Omega-48 / Kyushu Rice / Profit = 2328.00
Garvagh Base, Omega-48 > Freeport 11, Omicron Delta / Gold / Profit = 2967.00
Total profit = 11692.00

RE: Jonah's Favorite Trade Routes - J.O.N.A.H. - 11-25-2022

To anyone who enjoys this thread:
Rather than just listing trading routes, I felt like it would be much more fun to include small Roleplaying openers for each one. I may use these later for more detailed Forum-based or In-Game RP. Readers are free to lift and adapt the ideas for their own use, as well (If you like an idea and run with it, I actually would be flattered as well as pleased with myself for having contributed to your gaming fun). Anyway, enjoy!