Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Government of Bretonia - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Government of Bretonia (/showthread.php?tid=195039)

To: The Government of Bretonia - Kaiserreich Rheinland - 11-23-2022

[Image: HoJg5HC.png?1]

To the Government of the Kingdom of Bretonia

Following several communications between Großadmiral der Kaiserlichen Rheinwehr Karl-Heinz von Thielau and your own Chief of the Defence Staff Fleet Admiral Sommerville on the matter of the Technocracy of Auxo, more commonly referred to as Auxesia. We are aware of the ongoing hostilities between your Kingdom and them however as you are no doubt aware, the Empire does not have the same relationship. They are free to travel within Rhineland as long as they wish, the only condition being that they observe and abide our laws.

They have given us no cause to question them and as such will not be persecuted, nor will they be required to explain themselves if they do not wish to. This is a right afforded to all in nearly every House although I wonder whether it is the case in yours. If Revenent wishes to visit Planet Stuttgart they may do so without hindrance.

We have heard your protests over the matter and we sympathize greatly, but until conclusive and consistent evidence is given of the Technocracies ongoing involvement with Nomads is presented to us we must maintain the position that they are free to come and go as they please.

On behalf of His Imperial Government of Rhineland

Prince Christian Ludwig Von Albrecht
Erbprinz of Rhineland
Berliner Schloss

RE: To: The Government of Bretonia - The Kingdom of Bretonia - 11-24-2022

[Image: unknown.png]

Message Class: Textual
Encryption: Buckingham
To: Erbprinz Christian Ludwig Von Albrecht

Your Highness,

We wish to issue a protest of this move done in breach of the signed agreement only days prior. We firmly believe that there has been a severe misunderstanding between both sides when the article in question was discussed, in addition to the consequences it stipulates.

Going further, we wish to justify our claims with evidence provided from both The Order and an independent source. We have attached them here and here. Please carefully take them into consideration and re-clarify Rheinland's stance towards this malevolent organization that masquerades as seekers of knowledge whilst maintaining close ties to humanity's biggest rival.

We hope that that the evidence provided is satisfactory to convince Your Highness of the necessity of taking swift action for the betterment of the common people in Sirius.

Benedict Thomson
Foreign Secretary
Foreign & Commonwealth Office
Kingdom of Bretonia

Open for Replies

RE: To: The Government of Bretonia - The Kingdom of Bretonia - 12-11-2022

Your Highness,

We would be most thankful to receive any news on our request. It comes at a time of utmost importance, so the evidence must not be treated wrongly.

We eagerly await a response.

Benedict Thomson
Foreign Secretary
Kingdom of Bretonia

Open for Replies

RE: To: The Government of Bretonia - Kaiserreich Rheinland - 12-12-2022

[Image: HoJg5HC.png?1]

To the Government of the Kingdom of Bretonia

I wonder, does the Bretonia Government speak to Her Majesty the Queen in such a way? I thought this matter was made clear, yet I find myself with another letter and another asking me to be quick.

In looking at the evidence you have provided we note its' age. Part of this 'evidence' as you put is over five years old and comes from the Order, of all people. I do find it mildly hypocritical that you should accuse Auxesia of being criminals and then rely on evidence from another criminal group, or perhaps Bretonia's relationship with the Order has changed? The other 'evidence' you have given is nothing short of a jumbled mess of photographs that show very little in the way of intent. I will concede the point that it appears suspicious on face value. Yet we have no information about the source, while the analyst's do not believe this to be a fake, it does raise some alarming questions about who Bretonia trusts. More importantly this event did not happen in Rheinland and while it seems suspicious, thank God we live in a world where suspicion alone does not constitute a crime and men like you and I, respect the rule of law.

What does concern me is an attack carried out by your BIS in Rheinland. I have taken the courtesy of attaching a report to this comm so you may review the evidece yourself. However, given the seriousness of this event we have demanded an explanation from your Director of Intelligence, Victor Steiner and now we seek one from you.
I personally would have thought it obvious to even a Libertonian, that one does not do that. We informed you that Auxesia was to be left alone in our House and not only do we find ourselves entertaining this discussion for longer than expected but now also seem to suffer Bretonian Intelligence attacks and the Merchant Navy openly threatening to do the same.

Our patience with your obsession wears thin and no amount of evidence justifies the actions we have presented to you. I don't think I need tell you but Bretonia can ill afford to throw away allies. I would advise you choose how to respond with great care.

On behalf of His Imperial Government of Rhineland

Prince Christian Ludwig Von Albrecht
Erbprinz of Rhineland
Berliner Schloss

RE: To: The Government of Bretonia - The Kingdom of Bretonia - 12-13-2022

Your Highness,

Please allow me to respond first and foremost with stating that Bretonia is thoroughly committed to maintaining cordial relations with House Rheinland. It is not our wish nor our desire to upset Your Highness or other representatives, instead, we only wished to submit a recommendation in line with the treaty signed and agreed on several months priorly.

We remain highly interested in collaborating with all entities of House Rheinland, thusly, we strongly believe that the prior move done as a gesture to demand further explanation on the matter is satisfactory and should not impact relations in any serious way. The Foreign Office would be pleased to answer any such questions posed by representatives from New Berlin and to continue close partnership in light of events unfolding both in and around our Houses. Please do not hesitate to contact us on such matters, as we believe that a functioning relation between the Great Houses is balanced deeply on the egress and ingress of information from both parties, in addition to its fundamental reliance on trust.

The Kingdom of Bretonia remains a firm ally of Rheinland and opposes the expansion of the Order done in recent years, however we believe that information related to the Nomad threat relayed by their agents must be checked in a complete manner, subsequently followed by an analysis done by the intelligence services to remove any suspicions of evidence manipulation. In this case, the images remain completely true to their contents. We humbly request that House Rheinland maintains a close watch on the discussed organization and its assets, but continue to respect the sovereignty of all houses, and their right to self determination. We thank you for your responses thus far.

In relation to the attacks in Hamburg, we do not recognize the pilot under callsign "Lord Chelmsford" to represent the Kingdom nor the Bretonian Intelligence Service and we stand by the words already said by Mr. Steiner. We would never accept such a barbaric attack to be conducted on civilian targets, moreso within our allies' territory. Please let us know in earnest if there remains a need for monetary compensation in regards to this move.

Concerning the statements of the Armed Forces' Merchant Navy, we staunchly deny that the words mentioned were spoken so out of interest to support the rogue pilot. In its stead, we trust that the Merchant Navy pilots were simply planning to defend the ships should the battle move to involve them, a fact further substantiated by the presence of outlawed vessels, among which the Corsair fighter.

Lastly, we wish to reiterate our position and confirm that Bretonia does not seek to order, or otherwise demand from it's allies, but merely to discuss in a diplomatic sense the way moves by groups that one House may deem a danger to safety of civilian or military traffic, as well as to civilians residing planetside, and respectively those on stations.

We hope this clarifies our previous messages, and trust that the continued friendship between our two houses will not lead to any further misunderstandings.

Benedict Thomson
Foreign Secretary
Kingdom of Bretonia

Open for Replies