Discovery Gaming Community
Starsector Discovery Blog - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=257)
+--- Thread: Starsector Discovery Blog (/showthread.php?tid=195059)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Starsector Discovery Blog - Sombs - 12-21-2022

Check out the shiplines so far!

[Image: image.png]

I'll finish the Red Hessian and Outcast shipline in the coming days and then see if I can motivate myself to work on the Coalition and Order ships. And then comes the less fun part with the systems and the fractions. I'm happy with how far I got with the mod. [Image: 968930115943796756.webp?size=96&quality=lossless]

RE: Starsector Discovery Blog - Valdorel - 12-21-2022

These look absolutely amazing! Looking forward to seeing the Order ones (if you end up doing those.)

RE: Starsector Discovery Blog - Venemon - 12-21-2022

Could you provide Starsector forum link to this mod
Starsector playerbase is huge, this will certain attract players from there to here tbh, UAF level details not the anime thing but colorful styles are very similar
tho tbh upon closer look they are more detailed than majority of mod ships, Gammu caps are my favourite, creative and reminds me slugs from FTL

I was thinking majority of Starsector mods are patreon linked, I believe you guys can make a lil bit profit from this too by linking it
but as lore focus it more vanilla wise tbh, thats where majority of freelancer community resides
request note: make also usable bomber with scorchers same one from lion guards bomber :]

RE: Starsector Discovery Blog - Sombs - 01-05-2023

(12-21-2022, 03:01 PM)Venemon Wrote: Could you provide Starsector forum link to this mod
Starsector playerbase is huge, this will certain attract players from there to here tbh, UAF level details not the anime thing but colorful styles are very similar
tho tbh upon closer look they are more detailed than majority of mod ships, Gammu caps are my favourite, creative and reminds me slugs from FTL

I was thinking majority of Starsector mods are patreon linked, I believe you guys can make a lil bit profit from this too by linking it
but as lore focus it more vanilla wise tbh, thats where majority of freelancer community resides
request note: make also usable bomber with scorchers same one from lion guards bomber :]

I will provide a link to the Starsector forum once the first downloadable version is posted there.
I'll also not do anything related to Patreon or monetarization/donation. If anyone's briefcase feels too heavy, I'm sure the actual developer of Starsector would appreciate any kind of donation or legal purchase of a Starsector key after a certain YouTuber shared his activation key with the whole world. [Image: 1027673730983399485.webp]

As for playable bombers, that was not what I had in mind, but I'll see whether I can add one or two playable bombers specifically for this. That being said, with the current balancing, I doubt playing as snub/bomber on a 2D plane would be rather infuriating. [Image: 1042526055711379476.webp] Nevertheless, more options is always good.

(12-21-2022, 07:08 AM)Valdorel Wrote: These look absolutely amazing! Looking forward to seeing the Order ones (if you end up doing those.)

While I'm not sure whether people will like the theme I chose for the Order shipline, here it is:

Just like with the Megalodon, it takes the mod of a mod to finally make the Thebes playable... [Image: 1027673364040532070.webp]

To reduce the amount of new factions (and thus new markets) to add to the mod, I decided to put Order, Coalition and Red Hessians together as one faction, the Scarlet Crusaders (because, you know, Red, and sort of on a crusade).

I've also added a few utility ships. Behold, the TRANSPORT_CHONK:

RE: Starsector Discovery Blog - Saronsen - 01-05-2023

if i could have balanced discovery to play like a 3D starsector i would have done it years ago but the capability just isnt there

looks great though

RE: Starsector Discovery Blog - Sombs - 01-13-2023

I've put the Waran as playable Bomber in the game. It's very fun since it is small enough to hide behind other bombers without friendly fire. Due to the rather high amount of effort it takes to put more of those tiny ships in as bombers, I'm likely keeping the Waran as the only playable Bomber. The Scorchers are pretty similar to the Discovery ones.

I'm also currently finetuning the Order/Hessian/Coalition ships. Since they are all in one faction, I've given Order ships full Energy loadouts (Burst Lasers and beams), Hessians full Ballistic loadouts (Machine Guns and Mjolnirs) and the Coalition is full missile with missile replenishing on the bigger ships. The Carrier is definitely a fun missile beast!

RE: Starsector Discovery Blog - Saronsen - 01-13-2023

i can only hope you do the blessed thing and give the liberty battlecruiser lots of missile/energy hybrid mounts

RE: Starsector Discovery Blog - Venemon - 01-13-2023

based bomber choice

RE: Starsector Discovery Blog - Sombs - 01-14-2023

It's not that the combination of Red Hessians and Coalition is too strong. I merely forgot to not deploy the Apahanta at the beginning, so the battle was a bit less close. Still very entertaining!

RE: Starsector Discovery Blog - Sombs - 01-14-2023

(01-13-2023, 07:17 AM)Saronsen Wrote: i can only hope you do the blessed thing and give the liberty battlecruiser lots of missile/energy hybrid mounts

Standard LABC

Willow Grove Unique LABC

LSF Intel Cruiser

Liberty's cruisers and battlecruisers have probably the least punch of all, compared to the other Discovery factions, but they are fast and extremely thin. The LSF Cruiser and the LSC are so thin, an Onslaught won't be able to hit it with the Thermal Cannons. Those ships are ideal to pick off frigates and destroyers while the Overlord and the Atlantis take care of anything bigger.

The Willow Grove is full missile, since Jayce wanted his quad missile LABC to say hello to snubs.