Discovery Gaming Community
Knocking Over The Pieces - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Leaving Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=350)
+---- Thread: Knocking Over The Pieces (/showthread.php?tid=195644)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Knocking Over The Pieces - The_Godslayer - 01-15-2023

(01-15-2023, 01:29 AM)Venkman Wrote:
[Image: nsxwrgu.gif]

[Image: image.png]

RE: Knocking Over The Pieces - Saronsen - 01-15-2023

its everyone in the community that is wrong, not binski

[Image: mrb-singularity-f1.png]

RE: Knocking Over The Pieces - Yazov - 01-15-2023

Good riddance.

RE: Knocking Over The Pieces - St.Denis - 01-15-2023

Quote:Yet the next month was ruined by being overshadowed by the fact that someone moved the 3rd base 25k below where it was at, neutralizing it totally without a fight. The inconvenience to other players was cited as being bad for the game, too bad to be allowed. Since the war on POB's continues, and you can't even build a secret base in a nebula unless it's convenient for the opposing faction, I guess I'm out. To me, that is just an excuse to save their faction grief, what a weak excuse to protect their own side with admin magic. I was told this has happened to others in the past, I was unaware of those cases, and wouldn't have likely agreed with those decisions, but I found no precedent or rules against it.

As everyone knows, I am a well renowned POB hater. So to put your mind at rest, I was the one that dropped your Base down 20k.

The person who reported it to me isn't, as far as I know, a Gaian Player. I don't have any Gaian Ships and have never been a Member of any Gaian Faction, so I am afraid it had nothing to do with 'protecting my own'.

Your Base was blocking a JH, which has been not acceptable for years.

Yes, in the early days they were accepted and people were expected to 'suck it up', just like the NPC WPs that were surrounding a lot of JHs (I got blown up by them quite a few times in the early days whilst exploring). But over time the NPC WPs were removed and 'blocking' POBs were either removed or the JHs were moved (as in the case of Golden Coin).

RE: Knocking Over The Pieces - LuckyOne - 01-15-2023

Binski, please use some common sense. Surprising your Gaian "enemies" (who btw achieved what they wanted and probably moved on to other projects) would also lead to a pretty nasty surprise for any new indie Gaian who just wanted to have a look around Edinburgh.

Unless you only made it hostile to a single tag, in which case I could maybe agree with you, but what's the point then, it seems more like OORP spite than a legit attempt at "roleplaying the setup of my trap cards WPs".

RE: Knocking Over The Pieces - Reddy - 01-15-2023

[Image: oh-no.gif]

RE: Knocking Over The Pieces - Binski - 01-15-2023

(01-15-2023, 01:29 AM)Venkman Wrote:
[Image: nsxwrgu.gif]

[Image: 88fd37f3ce2f8a5c9654f4721c84ee4e_w200.gif]

(01-15-2023, 01:48 AM)Couden Wrote: So that's your Core one bases? How's they Camelot and?

Huh?

(01-15-2023, 04:22 AM)The_Godslayer Wrote: [Image: image.png]

cringe

(01-15-2023, 04:27 AM)Saronsen Wrote: its everyone in the community that is wrong, not binski

[Image: mrb-singularity-f1.png]

[Image: FW7HIAtVEAAMgvj.jpg]
[Image: the-simpsons-simpsons.gif]

You have read your own posts, right?

(01-15-2023, 03:14 AM)Sally Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 01:39 AM)Sombs Wrote: You built a base named Weapons Platform.

Goldern Coin did exactly that for years and nothing happened. I do wonder why this change was made through admins and not dealt with inrp.

Because I made it too hard for them.

(01-15-2023, 03:16 AM)Kauket Wrote: Cause it impacts gameplay in a harmful way

I call this 'doublethink'. "Bad for gameplay" is happyspeak for "bad for our convenience". It's not a real problem, totally able to be addressed in game. There's no excuse.

Literally, they could all actually grind and buy cloaks and still come and go, it just means to overcome or compete, they must spend. It's really to 'protect' indies that jump in, it's that important? Somehow, in this situation, involving Gaia, I doubt that is the sole motivation here.

(01-15-2023, 03:46 AM)Greylock Wrote: Thank God.

Quite the opposite actually.

(01-15-2023, 04:54 AM)Yazov Wrote: Good riddance.

And you are?

(01-15-2023, 08:02 AM)St.Denis Wrote: As everyone knows, I am a well renowned POB hater. So to put your mind at rest, I was the one that dropped your Base down 20k.

The person who reported it to me isn't, as far as I know, a Gaian Player. I don't have any Gaian Ships and have never been a Member of any Gaian Faction, so I am afraid it had nothing to do with 'protecting my own'.

Your Base was blocking a JH, which has been not acceptable for years.

Yes, in the early days they were accepted and people were expected to 'suck it up', just like the NPC WPs that were surrounding a lot of JHs (I got blown up by them quite a few times in the early days whilst exploring). But over time the NPC WPs were removed and 'blocking' POBs were either removed or the JHs were moved (as in the case of Golden Coin).

I found it quite odd not to hear about it from anyone. After days I contacted an admin, after a few more days I got a 'not sure', then nothing for weeks from anyone. This is official procedure in these cases? I get the feeling those who would rather see me fail outnumber those who don't in the 'staff', out of jealousy, not protection of the players from a couple of weapons platforms that could be dealt with by spending some credits and working hard. I have always made it clear here, give me a fair fight, and you won't get complaints out of me.

(01-15-2023, 08:18 AM)LuckyOne Wrote: Binski, please use some common sense. Surprising your Gaian "enemies" (who btw achieved what they wanted and probably moved on to other projects) would also lead to a pretty nasty surprise for any new indie Gaian who just wanted to have a look around Edinburgh.

Unless you only made it hostile to a single tag, in which case I could maybe agree with you, but what's the point then, it seems more like OORP spite than a legit attempt at "roleplaying the setup of my trap cards WPs".

Yeah happened to me about 10 years ago, it was Malaclypse Base. I was whopping mad, I messaged them about it on first IMG indy character/profile. Can't find it now, it was mid 2013, might have been lost. But after that I learned that Baffin was TAZ's system, they maintained a claim there, etc. I got over it, it got me into roleplaying, and you only need to learn that lesson once.

They could go via the Orkney, Dublin, or Leeds jumpholes if need be. I set it to rephostile after it was moved. Otherwise when they attack, they can linger until they actually fire at it (caps take the WP fire, snubs cover them unaffected, they don't all use tags, and could change names to avoid the hostile list). After a certain point, if I can't get online for whatever reason, it's much safer to set the base as rephostile, although I don't recommend it unless you have more than one defense platform.

Not only that, I'm sure they were going to justify 'reactivating' "Ft. Monarch" to give them a temp dock point during any siege at the planet, and it cut them off from a route back and forth to their base in the nebula. I have no remorse for them over that, they should have thought about that beforehand. I remember being in space cloaked watching them siege the last base, talking in local about 'sending a message'. Well I sent my own in return, and my most foolish mistake was actually believing it would just play out without interference. Oh no, there was plenty of roleplay justification behind it, I hadn't even got to that yet, but I'm sure the situation would have spurred more than enough RP. Them being Core 1's, I doubted they'd do any rp before declaring, and only after if proved to be a difficult challenge, if I managed to succeed. It's fine I guess, I did as much as I could.

I did get some support and have over the years regardless of being ostracized for supporting player driven story, I am thankful to those who still RP'd with me in the last while. Everything I did was actually for what was going on in Edinburgh. Those who actually have RP'd and played with me in-game know I'm not really hard to get along with at all, and that I know how to tell good stories! Like some say, it's just a game... I'm not that extreme, it's not hard to be bold in a game where the greatest risk involves sitting in front of your computer.

RE: Knocking Over The Pieces - James Greed - 01-15-2023

Don Quixote finally defeated by windmills.

RE: Knocking Over The Pieces - SnakThree - 01-15-2023

Take care.

RE: Knocking Over The Pieces - Corile - 01-15-2023

[Image: Fl5yyOAWQAAlX8u?format=png&name=240x240]