Discovery Gaming Community
Cogitation - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Cogitation (/showthread.php?tid=195673)

Cogitation - Kauket - 01-15-2023

PLANET BADEN BADEN, STUTTGART

Awaiting at the reserved landing pads was Revenant, leaning against the Velvet Coronet, patiently awaiting her companion to land near her vessel. Hot luxury worlds were never her forte, neither was dressing for the vacation occasion - unwillingly donning a linen t-shirt with loose harem pants, still wearing her wrist mounted personal device to hide a concealed weapon within the circuitry for security.

Revenant wouldn't usually wear such casual attire, but the extreme heat demanded it, she was only used to living in extreme cold environments. Such a paradise world was incredibly alien to her - harmful even, yet there were distant memories of the time she spent with Vincent on a similar 'vacation' plan. All in hopes of trying to help her friend. The deja vu was strong as were the regrets, but this time, she was adamant to help her friend heal. This visit was not entirely hedonistic, a great sense of duty was felt underneath to help Lazurith heal, that he needed to reconnect to his senses. Eagerly, she awaited, gawking at her ship occasionally to check on her AI, glaring at its status through her occular implant, occasionally glaring around for any strangers.

Unsurprisingly, the resort was reasonably busy. The usual holidayers that picked up a bargain discounted OS&C experience. Though in a twist of irony, the amount of individuals put her on edge, always anticipating someone to jump at her.

Shortly, she noticed his infamously unusual Falchion making its descent, landing adjacent to her vessel. As it settled down, she pushed herself off the Velvet, perking up. There was always a sense of warmth being within proximity of another Technocrat, a feeling that they engineered into themselves. Outsiders always had an element of suspicion, but they always knew that they could be true with each other. At least, that was the illusion they all lived under. She spoke up as his door opened,

"Oh, there you are, Laz! I had thought you got lost for a moment. I hope you have temperature appropriate attire. I could not even wear my own coat. It feels... wrong not having armor on. Very vulnerable. One of my droids will be accompanying us, while Rascal is keeping tabs on sensors for odd activities. "

RE: Cogitation - Geno - 01-15-2023

The other Technocrat descended from his eyesore of a Falchion, the Glimmer, as he would call it. A lithe and spindly figure emerged from behind the ship's hatch, donning a black dress shirt rolled up to his sleeves, and his sandy-tinged coat leaning on his shoulder like a sack of rations. After casting his visor up to his black hair, he stopped for a brief moment to absorb Baden-Baden's clement and idyllic atmosphere, filled with hundreds of people of any kind who abandoned all of their troubles in space. The air was brisk, but nothing unusual compared to the valley between the mountains of Crichton Springs. Warm enough to be pleasantly inviting. Not cold enough to make him want to leave. He walked away from his ship, slowly approaching the kindly lady waiting for him.

"Hey, Rev. It's been a while since we've seen each other while not being stuck in a cockpit in space."

He waved his hand shyly, eking out a faint smile through tired eyes. Both of his arms from the wrists-down presented some porcelain hexagonal plates toned to the color of his skin, something he could not hide with his sleeves up to the elbows.

"I really thought this place was going to be packed. N-not that I've ever been here though. And also I've never imagined I would be dipped in a sauna today, so I didn't bring much with me today..."

RE: Cogitation - Kauket - 01-15-2023

Being up closer in person, the evidence of the poorly hidden scars and fatigue woven into her skin. Her eye tensed for a moment, eyeing him down.

"I am not quite the vacationer either. Are you sure wearing black is a good idea? Or are you trying to blend into the sand?"

A light chuckle emerged, "Let's head on over to the spa. "

Her palms sunk into the pockets of the baggy harem trousers, making casual but quiet talk between them as they walked across the open whilst they still had some level of privacy between them, somewhat kicking the blackened sand in wonder as she walked across the natural pavement.

"I don't quite understand something. How do you see so little worth in yourself? You really did help us out with clues in regards to the Sentinels. "

"Everyone around me just seems so much better in comparison, I suppose. On top of me being unfocused ever since we went in there. I don't know, it just gives my mind a lot to weigh me down with."

He would walk alongside her with a lowered gaze and tucked arms, refraining from spouting too much drivel that could drive her to boredom, always tiptoeing lightly in every word.

"I-I don't mean to do this. In fact, I would love to abandon all the weight behind a bush and call it a day. We were meant for cohesion and unity and yet I'm still worrying about fried air and putting everyone's necks on the line over some mistakes I did."

After a small pause, he glared back at her.

"Though, maybe I can change. Just maybe. If I can't abandon every issue forever, at least I can leave them outside the spa."

RE: Cogitation - Kauket - 01-15-2023

She hummed as she walked along, slowly reaching a complex of buildings, she paused, stopping in place to face him.

"That everyone else is better? Is this you trying to prove yourself? Why compare yourself to anyone else? There's no one else like you. True, you can't be the best all the time, there will always be someone better than you. Likewise, there's worse. You need to stop overassessing yourself, you've trapped yourself within an endless cycle of self torment - and you will never escape it if you keep comparing yourself to someone who you are not. How do you think I feel? I would love to be someone else, who is not afflicted by such terrors, or was intellectually stunted by these damages. Maybe it would be cool to be a psychic. But we can only dream of these things, work with what we have - not what we wish we had. And luckily, we're here to liberate you from your own loop too. "

Eyeing over to the doors, she briefly looked back at him, giving a warm reaffirming smile, trying to reassure him. It was well within Revenant's intention to keep her eyes on him, trying to gauge where his mind may be and what might be plaguing his thoughts. Her palms escaped from the pocket, reaching to push and hold the door open, gesturing for him to enter.

After helping himself through the door behind Revenant, he moved his tucked arms away, keeping quiet for a while.

"You're right... I would love to become a better me I can agree with. I genuinely really appreciate you taking your time to bring me here, by the way. I have never been in a spa, so I would love to find out how a massage feels like. And it's all thanks to you."

He returned a warmer smile through his tired eyes, grateful for all she's done for him. Hoping not to disappoint her again.