Discovery Gaming Community
Your first video game and computers - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Your first video game and computers (/showthread.php?tid=195742)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Your first video game and computers - inquest - 01-20-2023

This is gonna date me but I thought it would be interesting to know what your first Video game was and what platform was it played on.

First video game played.
For me it was in 1977. I was an 18yo country boy doing some tech training in the big smoke of Auckland, NZ. Starwars was about to hit the big screen.

I played an arcade game 8 bit b/w 11" screen that had an aircraft sight that shot a single ww2 German bomber down. This was a full 5 years before the Commodore 64 came out. Cost was equivalent to $2.80 US today... for 10 minutes.

First computer owned. Amstrad PCW in about 1987. Orange 11" screen in a built in case. Double 3 and 1/4" floppy drives, 256bytes of ram - no hard drive. Played Silent Service, a submarine simulator 8 bit video game designed by Sid Meier. Second was an IBM running Windows 2.0 with a 40 meg HDD.

RE: Your first video game and computers - Karlotta - 01-20-2023

some kind of atari home thing, game about spaec astronot using jetpak to collect spare parts so as not to die in horrible spaec axodent, painfully and in the very cold and lonely coldness of spaec

around like.. 1987, at my bff classmate whose daddy worked at citibank so they could afford a home computer back then

also the loading time for flight simulator something on that thing took a long time to load through the very long cable so I had the good idea to cut the cable with scissors to speed things up

RE: Your first video game and computers - NovaTactic - 01-20-2023

my first videogame on computer was warcraft III i was maybe 5-6 yo launched custom map where first team was little spiders and the second was large human who crashed spiders with their feets (something like Troll vs elves). It was played on a cheap computer with a huge monitor. There was GTA SA/VC, counter strike 1.6, and Freelancer which i got from a friend who had the disk. It was 2007-2009

RE: Your first video game and computers - Elvinos2003 - 01-20-2023

My first video game I ever played was Spyro on Playstation 1.

RE: Your first video game and computers - inquest - 01-20-2023

(01-20-2023, 01:14 AM)Karlotta Wrote: also the loading time for flight simulator something on that thing took a long time to load through the very long cable so I had the good idea to cut the cable with scissors to speed things up

Hahahaha... that is genius!

RE: Your first video game and computers - Oprixy - 01-20-2023

First game would be mortal kombat on the old arcade machines, i also played space invaders, packman and a couple of other arcade games that day.
First game on a console would be altered beast on the sega megadrive.
As for my first pc that was like 23 years ago and can't remember what it was all i remember from that time was waiting for the dial-up connection to start and the sound it made.

RE: Your first video game and computers - Valdorel - 01-20-2023

The Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt combo game for NES was my first ever videogame. Wasn't Alive when it released, but played it as a 4 year old kid in 1994.

First PC game specifically would have been "The Ancient Art of War at Sea". Again wasn't alive when it released, but started playing it in like 1995-1996. It's still a favorite.

RE: Your first video game and computers - Xenon - 01-20-2023

The first game was Prince of Persia, on a very very old computer 1990 Smile

RE: Your first video game and computers - Sombs - 01-20-2023

RE: Your first video game and computers - sane - 01-20-2023

Cracked Freelancer, on this beauty