Discovery Gaming Community
Your first video game and computers - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Your first video game and computers (/showthread.php?tid=195742)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Your first video game and computers - Kanzler Niemann - 01-22-2023

Wolfenstein 3D, old Doom, and DxBall 2 pretty much were my first games. My first pc was a Windows 95 with unknown specs to me.

RE: Your first video game and computers - Proselyte - 01-22-2023

First game ever touched was N64's Goldeneye, first PC game was C&C: Red Alert.

I still have like the faintest memory thinking the latter was broken on one of the naval missions. I didn't realize the square shapes in the water were my submerged sub units, so I thought the game was just stuck, lol. I couldn't have been older than 5 or 6 at the time.

RE: Your first video game and computers - Traxit - 01-22-2023

i fondly remember;

Homeworld 1 & 2, Age of Empires II & The Conquerors expansion, Dune 2000, Emperor Battle for Dune, Dark Colony, Doom I & II on websites(?), Doom 3, Unreal Tournament 99 and 2003, Quake 4 Demo, Zuma Frog, Plants vs Zombies, Garden Defense.

edit: Oh, and a whole lotta Miniclip.com and ArmorGames.com adobe flash games. Half-Life 2 Machinima as well.

edit2: and OBVIOUSLY - Freelancer.

edit3: my first MMOs, MU Online and Silkroad Online. My father got a Chinese Sword character up to 69 which I leeched off of, mind you this was when European characters didn't exist. Didn't level that character a single time due to the extreme grindy nature of that MMO. I remember taking up quests asking me to kill a specific mob like four hundred times for like 10% worth of current level XP.

edit4: Last one I swear - Newgrounds.com. Madness webseries anyone?

RE: Your first video game and computers - Redcroft - 01-22-2023

First game i played back in school and it was :

My first pc was something like thisone:

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Favorite game from the 90's for me was "Dark Colony."!

RE: Your first video game and computers - Wolverine518 - 01-22-2023

First I remember playing was Spyro the Dragon on PS1 back in 1999 right after my 6th birthday when i got both of those and CTR.

RE: Your first video game and computers - Thunderer - 01-22-2023

Some game for kids that had something to do with that Pixar animated film about ants, not long after 2004. The PC had a 1.6 GHz CPU, 768 MB RAM and under 100 GB HDD. No idea how I still remember that. I started Disco on the same thing in 2011 and kept it until about 2013. Replaced the 2013 computer this month.

RE: Your first video game and computers - Tenshi Kuonji - 01-22-2023

Need For Speed III, It was a nice game even now i still have it running on Windows 10

RE: Your first video game and computers - Asmodeuseswife - 01-22-2023

Binatone tennis game. Was great when I was a kid, it's about as exciting as watching paint dry now.

RE: Your first video game and computers - Sarwar - 01-22-2023

(01-20-2023, 02:48 AM)Xenon Wrote: The first game was Prince of Persia, on a very very old computer 1990 Smile

Yeah this one, with floppy disk Computer.

RE: Your first video game and computers - Arcana - 01-22-2023

Captain Tsubasa Super Striker 2 and Ninja Turtles on TV video game