Discovery Gaming Community
To: Traudel Habermeyer - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Traudel Habermeyer (/showthread.php?tid=195809)

To: Traudel Habermeyer - Caliban - 01-23-2023

[Image: 4eMU2qc.png]

IDENTIFICATION: Caliban
SUBJECT: Proofs, Extra-Intel

MESSAGE ORIGIN: Freeport 9, Omicron Theta

I didn't forget about what we've discussed. The proofs and all that. All things considered, the delay proved a tad more beneficial than I thought. Richards turned himself in for a scan, and it came out positive. I'm attaching you the medical file.

Be careful out there, yeah?

RE: To: Traudel Habermeyer - Traudel Habermeyer - 01-23-2023

[Image: 1oZ9o9U.png]

encrypting source...
...securing channel...
...opening stream...
...transmitting

Identification: Habermeyer, Traudel

Incoming message

I understand, lives can be quite busy.

What matters is evidence in the end, nein? And that was delivered. With the benefit of only having given me a confession of sorts to something related to this whole ordeal. Instead of having to hand in potentially problematic things. I'll get this forwarded and Richards put on the list to be shot on sight, won't take much with this.

Who did it? The Core's clinic you mentioned? I cannot make heads or tails of 'Agent 'FADM''.

And naturally, i'll do my best to stay safe. Same goes for you, ja?

Message terminated

...disrupting...
...closing stream

RE: To: Traudel Habermeyer - Caliban - 01-23-2023

SUBJECT: Proofs, Extra-Intel

MESSAGE ORIGIN: Freeport 9, Omicron Theta

Compared to the ramblings of what I did in the past, the proofs I've got now are much more solid. Obvious, so to say. The one who did it is one of my older contacts. I could tell you more of that, but not over the Neural Net. Sometimes good stories are best kept off the Neural Net. Perhaps over a drink? Nah...topic like that usually ends a conversation instead.

Look, I don't say this to everyone, because most of the time I either don't care or that person has a few screws loose in their head. You though? I'd appreciate if you didn't dwell on this whole Nomad stuff too much, if at all. Truth is: you've got your whole life ahead of you. Get yourself involved too much and the aliens will stare back at you out of curiosity, anger, or worse. Neither really ends well for the receiver. I'd know.

So...be careful. I mean it.

RE: To: Traudel Habermeyer - Traudel Habermeyer - 01-24-2023

encrypting source...
...securing channel...
...opening stream...
...transmitting

Incoming message

That good of a topic it ends the entire conversation you say?

Consider me intrigued by default, they often times prove to be the best. My time these days is somewhat in short supply, but i am sure something can be arranged regardless. Especially since there now is the matter of getting you cleared for re-entry into Rheinland. Although it might be a better course of action to contact the government yourself instead to request such. Attach a proper account or technical schematics of what might now be left of that ARKM-N9 model and we'll see from there i reckon. I for one would prefer that in contrast to the alternative, seeing we do happen to run into each other in Rheinland from time to time.

For the advice and warning towards Nomads you have my thanks. I believe you when you say that. No promises, but i'll do my best to not get their attention more than i normally do in my line of work. They are creepy enough from a distance.

Message terminated

...disrupting...
...closing stream

RE: To: Traudel Habermeyer - Caliban - 01-25-2023

SUBJECT: -

MESSAGE ORIGIN: Freeport 11, Omicron Delta

I don't know Trau... I've never been the social type. The mere thought of addressing to the more important figureheads of Rheinland gives me anxiety. I wouldn't know where to begin. And what happens if they reject the request? You don't expect me to hand over my Valkyrie just to remain in Rheinland's good graces, do you? Best I've got are a few technical sheets and receipts for the components I've bought and replaced on my ship, and a little bit of history between me and a few Rheinland Officers and Agents alike. You know, I've worked with your kind before, even without an official permit. All of this might be useful, true. But it might very well be incriminating evidence.

As for that drink. Perhaps we can just - talk. Have a drink. Maybe when you're not on duty and I'm not busy chasing ghosts around the Omicrons. Freeport 8 is a decent place after all, right? O-Or this restaurant on Planet Mecklenburg. The food ain't half bad, now that I can actually eat something other than stew.

RE: To: Traudel Habermeyer - Traudel Habermeyer - 01-26-2023

encrypting source...
...securing channel...
...opening stream...
...transmitting

Incoming message

I suppose that would give anyone anxiety for that matter, Caliban. Be these figureheads from Rheinland, Liberty, Kusari and so on.

I am nervous each time i report to a superior - and they are from my own House! It's very human. Sure, not all have that but many do. A step like that is always connected to the potential of someone saying 'no' and presenting an outcome which is undesired and not wished for. But what other way is there? Certainly, one could continue as things are currently but i can't pretend i am not aware forever. Others won't either. If there is documentation that is good, shows you did not use it for nefarious reasons within or around Rheinland. I hope. Might raise a few brows as to why it wasn't taken care of that time, but even i am technically guilty of that for not having found a clear documentation in heaps of old files. Should they reject, then the very same thing happens that would happen should we do nothing. Just at a different time maybe. Not having stepped forward with this matter in hand might even make it worse.
And what i expect from you should they reject it? Nothing, really. It is and always will be your choice. Personally i just hope to avoid steps i would have to follow, should it ever come to it. I wouldn't like what it means, yet would have to act nonetheless.

Hah - so no ghost hunting and no duty is what it takes? Let's hope the stars align for once and allow such at the same time. Freeport 8 is visited occasionally by me, that is true. But something tells me that Mecklenburg's restauraunt has garnered more attention? Have not been to that planet in ages, time to change it.

Message terminated

...disrupting...
...closing stream

RE: To: Traudel Habermeyer - Caliban - 01-27-2023

SUBJECT: -

MESSAGE ORIGIN: Durban Station, Omicron Rho

So how do I submit this permit to fly my ship within legal norms in Rheinland? What do I need to do other than flash my technical sheets at them? I found a few sections over the Neural Net that could be what I'm looking for. But, ehm. Well they're a bit tangled for me. I'm not the brightest with this type of stuff.

Right. And I guess we could potentially stick to the restaurant on Mecklenburg in the near future?

RE: To: Traudel Habermeyer - Traudel Habermeyer - 01-28-2023

encrypting source...
...securing channel...
...opening stream...
...transmitting

Incoming message

Oh i get it, don't worry.

These sections can be most confusing to navigate, i have been there myself and i work in this system! Hah, now where you want to send everything to is here. The relevant parts are mainly these ones i attached.

In your case i would go the extra mile and add where you got it, if possible. What you changed, to show them you're not purposefully attempting to hide something, and if these interactions with officers have been somewhat documented those too. From there on it will be just a game of waiting. And speaking of waiting ... i'd be willing to go to that restaurant with you, just don't know when i got ample time for a free evening. Should i reach out when i think i got somewhat of a chance for an undisturbed one? And we see from there?

Message terminated

...disrupting...
...closing stream