Discovery Gaming Community
Player Sanctioned: DTR-CSS>Leviathan (DTR) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Player Sanctioned: DTR-CSS>Leviathan (DTR) (/showthread.php?tid=195877)

Player Sanctioned: DTR-CSS>Leviathan (DTR) - SlappyTheRoach - 01-30-2023

DTR-CSS>Leviathan has been sanctioned for:

Quote:2.6 - Every character must have only one type of ID equipped and must play according to the role and restrictions of that ID. Additional restrictions may be highlighted in red on ship, commodity, and equipment infocards. If ID restrictions and allowances conflict with the server rules, the ID overrides the rules (except 2.8 and 3.4).

Consequences:

As an official faction that has been warned before, you should know better on how to follow the rules, just because they are your friend does not mean you are to break roleplay rules.
You will find your faction as a whole is walking on thin ice. Fine and your guns ran away in shame.

Take this warning as a faction at whole. Tread carefully.

If you require evidence, you may request such via PM from a Staff member. Only the accused or an official faction leader of the accused person's faction may request such. Once you have the evidence, and if you wish to dispute it, you may post in the Sanction Thread below. Do not continue PM'ing a staff member, as that will result in your Appeal being denied. If you PM a staff or post in the sanction thread and you are not directly involved, you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban. Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbors, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE

RE: Player Sanctioned: DTR-CSS>Leviathan (DTR) - Aingar - 01-30-2023

It is a shared ship. Requesting evidence pertaining the offence(s) and any information allowing us to figure out what exactly happened, and by whom.

RE: Player Sanctioned: DTR-CSS>Leviathan (DTR) - vladimir26 - 01-30-2023

Hello,

I'm a bit confused while going through your words. Why are we walking on thin ice? Our sole and last sanction was on 2022-05-09, and it was brought to the administration. Has that rule been revised since then to account for that? It was confirmed by the staff it needs a revise. We recieved a faction warning because someone was able to see a DTR on the scanner and the DTR wasn't able to see him back. I do not see any malicious play at here.

Also, you made it preety clear to take this as a faction warning and we should treat carefully. It sounds like a threat, but I'm sure it isn't.

RE: Player Sanctioned: DTR-CSS>Leviathan (DTR) - St.Denis - 01-30-2023

Evidence sent.

RE: Player Sanctioned: DTR-CSS>Leviathan (DTR) - vladimir26 - 01-30-2023

My reply goes to the thread owner:

The evidence has been recieved and debated. While it leaves place for interpretations, we choose to fully agree and accept it.

However, I want to add some side notes:
1) The other sanctioned player isn't a DTR member. What drived him to act like this is not known to us, his reasons are his own. Just to clear your initial statement. I'm sure you're very much aware of such behaviour happening preety often and goes by unsanctioned, but this wasn't one of those cases.

2) While we are aware and we understand what happened, we aren't a hardcore rule-breaking oriented faction. We have been warned before, it's true, but nothing was done with malicious intent. And our sole and last warning was on 2022-05-09. After appeal, it was admitted by the team it was under a rule that needs to be fixed. Also 3 individual sanctions. A clear one on 2022-02-22, and two others that ended without an actual sanction. So, please, walking on thin ice is over exagerated.

3) We would very much appreciate a more peaceful language in the future. Words like "tread carefully" could be interpreted as a threat, don't you think? And why should we treat it as a faction warning? It's not even close to one, and as already mentioned, our only faction warning was a while go. Let's keep the zeal to a minimum, or nule.

RE: Player Sanctioned: DTR-CSS>Leviathan (DTR) - SlappyTheRoach - 01-31-2023

I under stand the other ship was not yours, they have their own sanction/warning thread apart from this one.

I do apologize if this came out as sounding like a threat, my national language it is not so much (it is English but more harsh I guess), I will take this into account in future. Was meant to be more a warning of sorts, not a threat. I will work on that to make it better.

RE: Player Sanctioned: DTR-CSS>Leviathan (DTR) - vladimir26 - 01-31-2023

Now we're talking. To be completly transparent, it turned out the other ship was in fact one of our members, but we found out yesterday. It came as a huge shock for everyone. Still, that encounter wasn't premeditated.

Other that that, all bueno. Also, I would like to assure you and the admin team of our full cooperation. We're not here to bend the rules. We're happy to sort out any future issues might arise.