Discovery Gaming Community
To: AWES, From: Aspen Harlow, SLRC - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: AWES, From: Aspen Harlow, SLRC (/showthread.php?tid=195887)

To: AWES, From: Aspen Harlow, SLRC - Proselyte - 01-31-2023

[Image: SLRC_Logo_Avatar.png]
Starlight Research Consortium
Chasing starlight since 829 A.S.

[Image: Aspen_suited_up.png]

Subject: A Selfish Request

Encryption Strength: Impossible

Howdy, friends! I had the pleasure of encountering one of your captains heading up the Aspiration, a swell fella by the name of Forrest Logan. He gave me a little tip that's turned out to be a huge boon to my career as an explorer, and I'd like to take the opportunity to both pass along some sincere thanks from one spacer to another, but also request the services of your outfit.

The available amenities and human quality of life is actually pretty impressive for a station here in Tau-23 as space goes, things we need being at most one jump away, but there's one major exception: there's no coffee! Well, there's instant, freeze-dried coffee, and often plenty of tea, but I haven't seen a freshly roasted coffee bean for far too long. Extended survey trips away from Ikarus Station are leaving me drowsy more often lately (trouble sleeping), but I can't very well detour all the way to Curacao or California for a good quality pick-me-up.

The little bit of Liberty in me is crying out for a nice cuppa joe. Since you guys do business with the Director sometimes, could I maybe pay you a little on the side to move some fresh stuff this way from Liberty on your next visit, something like 30 units to last me a while? Maybe that Sunbucks stuff, that's pretty good - you guys can help yourselves to the complimentary donuts. What would that run me, paying for the product and opportunity cost on the cargo space?

--Aspen Charles Harlow
Exploration, SLRC

...standby. Checking packet...
...packet successfully sent.

RE: To: AWES, From: Aspen Harlow, SLRC - All Worlds - 02-01-2023

[Image: awes1-1.png]
[Image: awes2.png]

[Image: vAfZhWR.png]

» Sender - Allen Hayes, Convergence Trade Centre Administrator, All Worlds Enterprises & Securities
» Recipient - Aspen Charles Harlow, Starlight Research Consortium, Ikarus Station, Tau-23
» Location - Convergence Trade Centre, Tau-31 system
» Subject - Small Liberty comforts
» ENCRYPTION LEVEL - MAXIMUM - MESSAGE IS SECURE

Good day Mr. Aspen Charles Harlow,

I'm Allen Hayes, Base Administrator of the All Worlds Enterprises & Securities station in Tau-31, Convergence Trade Centre.

Our local captain of the AWES-Aspiration had mentioned running into a helpful Freelancer looking for some direction, and by the tone of your communication, you've found a great place! We are most satisfied that our staff could provide some guidance based on contacts made during our travels throughout Sirius.

And now your request - it is so genuine and pure of heart that it raises the spirits of any whom I show the message. I think I actually caught a tear going down Alexei's cheek when I asked him about fulfilment of this ask. 'Just do it!' was my only reply as he ended the com link quickly.

[Image: Sunbucks.jpg]
We will ask no charge of you for providing you this service. In fact, we will now ensure that Sunbucks will be available on Convergence for yourself and any local travelers in the region, as it really should have been all along, with our group having Liberty roots.

Within a day, you can count on AWES having Sunbucks available in Tau-31, inbound on the next New York transports, as well as a shipment to Ikarus.

In life, sometimes the simple pleasures are the ones most cherished when absent.

Sincerely,

[Image: awes180.jpg]

Allen Hayes
Convergence Trade Centre Administrator
All Worlds Enterprises & Securities

TRANSMISSION END

RE: To: AWES, From: Aspen Harlow, SLRC - Proselyte - 02-01-2023

Subject: The Joe Must Flow

Uh, sorry, did I input the wrong contact info? I think I just commed Heaven by mistake!

I'm still 99% sure you're pulling my leg right now, which I would totally understand. If you're being legit though, one: thank you for saving me (and everyone out here, really) from this hell, and two: make sure you review the new security requirements at Ikarus Station before swinging by. I'm not a fan, but recent events have everyone on a cautious footing here right now.

Hope to see you folks soon!

--Aspen Charles Harlow
Exploration, SLRC

RE: To: AWES, From: Aspen Harlow, SLRC - All Worlds - 02-01-2023

[Image: awes1-1.png]
[Image: awes2.png]

[Image: vAfZhWR.png]

» Sender - Allen Hayes, Convergence Trade Centre Administrator, All Worlds Enterprises & Securities
» Recipient - Aspen Charles Harlow, Starlight Research Consortium, Ikarus Station, Tau-23
» Location - Convergence Trade Centre, Tau-31 system
» Subject - Small Liberty comforts
» ENCRYPTION LEVEL - MAXIMUM - MESSAGE IS SECURE

Good day Mr. Aspen Charles Harlow,

Well, to follow up, I have good news, bad news, followed by better news,

AWES transports were dispatched with due haste across Liberty and the expanse that is Coronado until they reached our base at Convergence Trade Centre in Tau-31.

Sunbucks Coffee is now setup for sale in Tau-31!

From there, we carefully prepared 30 units to deliver to Ikarus Station ... by your last message, you can likely see where this is going...
Across Tau-23 space we arrived with your coffee at Ikarus Station, ready to deliver!
But as you know, access denied!

A secondary plan was hastily formed in the moment - a drop off point for you at Java Station was arranged with the administration. When you dock, it will be waiting for you in a private bin secured by the administration. So you still have your coffee!

May you and your crew enjoy this special delivery!

Sincerely,

[Image: awes180.jpg]

Allen Hayes
Convergence Trade Centre Administrator
All Worlds Enterprises & Securities

TRANSMISSION END

RE: To: AWES, From: Aspen Harlow, SLRC - Proselyte - 02-01-2023

Subject: The pains of due process

Whoa.

Not only were you completely serious, you were fast. But, yeah, there's Security giving you a hard time. One more reason for me to not like a policy that turns away angels on a mission from God like your staff, Mr. Hayes. I'm speechless.

Well, after ya'll going through all that trouble, a trip to Java is small potatoes. At the very least, you can refer back to that security announcement to request a docking clearance for the next time you come by. Maybe then they'll show a little respect!

Thanks a million!

--Aspen Charles Harlow
Exploration, SLRC