Discovery Gaming Community
Meeting at Freeport 8 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Meeting at Freeport 8 (/showthread.php?tid=195891)

Meeting at Freeport 8 - Dr. Richard Batsbak - 01-31-2023

After a few quick emails, Dr. Montgomery agreed to meet.
Although he did not accept the landing in new berlin because he avoids the house systems, he was willing to meet outside these systems.
So they agreed to meet on freeport 8.

Dr. Batsbak prepares himself.
He put some documents in his briefcase and downloaded the latest results of his test series onto his PDA.
He also took some technical drawings with him.
In a hurry, he spilled his last bit of coffee on some of the documents. Hastily, he wiped the coffee away with a serving dish, but some stains remained....

After one last look in the mirror, he sets off for his ship. After the last preparations, he left the hangar and flew towards Freeport 8.

After a short and uneventful journey, he arrived there.

After leaving the hangar, the first thing he does is head for the bar.

Once there, he asked :

"Excuse me? Sir ? Hello? ......SIR!"

The bartender didn't notice him at first because he was too busy with the blonde guest...

"You want a drink?" asked the bartender.

"I'm looking for Dr. Montgomery," replied Dr. Batsbak.

Slightly annoyed he pointed down a hallway to a door in the back right corner.

Quick-footed, Dr. Batsbak set off and opened the door, stepping into the room.

"Good afternoon gentleman, is anyone of you Dr. Sailas Montgomery?"

RE: Meeting at Freeport 8 - Starlight Research Consortium - 02-01-2023

"Oi. Right here." said a man in the middle of the group. He was leaned over a table, cigarette in his mouth as he wrote something down on a pad. "Oi, you." he said pointing to a nearby man. "Take this here pad and deliver it to Seymour Hawke. Do not pass go, do not collect $200."

The man looked at Sailas with a confused and befuddled look.

"Piss off, ya git." he said again waving his hands in the direction of the door.

The young man departed quickly running past the newly arrived guest.

"An' keep an eye on them bloody readings." Sailas said pointing at another nearby scientist as he walked away to greet his guest. He turned to face the new arrival. His distinct Molly like accent disappearing as it became more proper, distinct, and much more Bretonian sounding. "Greetings. Dr. Batsbak I presume?" he proffered his hand. "Dr. Sailas Montgomery. Director, Starlight Research Consortium. I believe we have some things to discuss?"

RE: Meeting at Freeport 8 - Dr. Richard Batsbak - 02-03-2023

Dr. Batsbak entered the room.

A little confused about the situation, he stretched out his hand in the direction of the man who claimed to be Dr. Montgomery.

"Guten Tag Dr. Montgomery. I am Dr. Batsbak.
indeed, we have something to discuss, or rather, i would like to ask for your advice.

I am currently working on a secret Project.
I am making good progress at the moment, but at one point I'm not getting anywhere.
The device i am building needs to release a large amount of energy in a small space. This impulse has to happen in a fraction of a second and at the moment I can't find a suitable energy source that can either store the amount of energy or release the required amount of energy in the short time.

I was hoping that you might have an idea on how to proceed here."

Dr. Batsbak looked a little dejected as he said this.....

RE: Meeting at Freeport 8 - Starlight Research Consortium - 02-10-2023

Sailas looks around with concern on his face.

"Let's go somewhere where there are less ears to overhear."

Sailas guided the good Doctor to an area of the room where there were less people around.

"With R&D, I'm not well versed. Much of my research and education are in the fields of Subspace Harmonics and Baxter Anomalies. I can, however, reach out to another of our organization who specializes in R&D, he might be able to help you more than I can. Dr. Wright is his name, I can contact him to have him arrive anon if you have the time to wait a bit. Not sure where he's at, at the moment."

Sailas chewed on the filter of the now extinguished cigarette deep in thought. "Though if I had to theorize the best tech to serve your purpose, I'd have to say an Ingenuus Core would be the best bet." He chuckled after his statement shaking his head. "Good luck finding one of them, though. Even if ya did, I'm sure you'd be spendin' a pretty penny for one. I'm talking in the hundreds of millions. Not many of them left after Ingenuus went bust."

He shrugs after his statement.

"Best I can do is contact Dr. Wright, see what he says. Maybe have him come out and confer with you. After all, he was there when the Ingenuus Cores were manufactured and created, if anyone knows how they tick, it's him. Now if you had questions about Baxter Anomalies or Subspace Harmonics I could help ya but you're delving into areas that aren't in my field of research unfortunately. Give me a moment to reach out to him and we'll see if he's free to take a jaunt down here to discuss."

RE: Meeting at Freeport 8 - Dr. Richard Batsbak - 02-12-2023

"If you could contact him that would be wonderful."
Hoping to finally meet someone who could help him with his problem, Dr. Batsbak was visibly relieved.

"I had already thought about an Ingenuus core, but without prior simulations, an acquisition would be too risky for me.
As you said, these parts are very rare and expensive."

"But since you are talking about Bexter allomalies, have you ever noticed one that changes the surrounding space more than the others or better said have you ever found one that has an abnormal gravity?
For my current project I am looking for something that changes the gravitation to the highest degree.
Lately I had already investigated the characteristics of gravitation around the neutron star in the Puerto Rico system. But in order not to judge prematurely I would like to study still further phenomena."

He seemed excited to finally be able to tell someone about his work....

"While we are waiting for Dr. Wright's answer, would you like to have a little drink?"

As he said this, he pointed with his hand toward the door.