Discovery Gaming Community
To: GMG | From: SEO - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: GMG | From: SEO (/showthread.php?tid=196056)

To: GMG | From: SEO - Barrier - 02-12-2023

[Image: oCyc0ma.png]

SENDER: Vincent Proch, Schiffskapitän
RECIPIENT: Gas Miners Guild
SUBJECT: Sigma-21 uranium mining rights
ENCRYPTION: High

Guten tag, meine Damen und Herren.

As my boss and good friend Herr Linhardt likes to say, I'll get straight to the point. Sigma-21 lays right next door to our current headquarters facility, and possesses an abundant amount of unenriched uranium deposits. As I'm sure you know well, this material has a number of industrial uses, and ourselves and our colleagues at ALG are the foremost experts in refining it for those uses. As it so happens, our mining department assures me that we are also among the foremost experts at extracting it, along with Kishiro Technologies, but be that as it may.

As we do not wish to repeat the... misunderstanding... which occurred a week prior, we would like to secure a permit or a contract for the acquisition of the raw material from the Da Nang field. Now, if it were up to me, I'd be glad to pay the Guild a premium when purchasing from the uranium stockpile at the Mekong depot. However, it seems that the depot is rarely filled, for reasons I will not presume to get into. Therefore, I believe we can come to an understanding beneficial to us both.

I have three suggestions you may find of interest:
  • First, I'm assured that the efficiency of our mining crews allows for the stockpiling of equal amounts of uranium at Mekong as those we would ship away for refinement. Indeed, if you are not satisfied with an even split, I believe a different percentage is open for negotiation.
  • Second, if you have your own subcontractors to employ, we would be glad to pay a premium for each unit of material used to fill the holds of our transports. Again, exact details of such an arrangement are open to negotiation.
  • Lastly, we are also open to leasing warehouse space on Mekong, to ensure its continued smooth operation. Naturally, such an arrangement would require the fulfillment of certain material quotas from your miners, so that we are able to fulfill external contracts within a reasonable amount of time.

If any of these options seem intriguing, please do not hesitate to open negotiations by quoting specific deal parameters. Our transportation and mining direktors will be available to make final decisions on such deals.

I will say one thing, coming from me personally. This is an excellent opportunity for both of our companies. But we have other investments which will serve to maintain our growing corporation. Unlike our colleagues at ALG, we will not presume to employ force if an agreement is unable to be reached - we will simply look elsewhere. But I hope we won't have to.

Vincent Proch
Schiffskapitän
Sirius Entsorgung Sicherheitsbüro

[Image: Template_SEO_End_2.png]

RE: To: GMG | From: SEO - Arne - 02-18-2023

PENDING MESSAGE (1)

RE: To: GMG | From: SEO - Gas Miners Guild - 02-20-2023

[Image: RRIeQCU.png]

Schiffskapitän Proch,

It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

The Guild and ALG have long enjoyed a productive, positive relationship, the Helgoland success story one of several examples that illustrate this mutually beneficial rapport that both organisations have enjoyed for many years. It is of course hoped and intended that this may continue.

Due to its proximity to their space, the valuable resources within, and the blood spilled in the system following Rheinland's illegal invasion of the system, the Kusari Empire has openly expressed its interest in Sigma-21. Whilst The Guild fully rejects any other claim over the system, it does enjoy a special relationship with House Kusari and cannot entirely dismiss its concerns. In an effort to positively engage with House Kusari while maintaining the full autonomy of Sigma-21, The Guild has entered into an arrangement with long standing partners and allies Kishiro Technologies, granting them exclusive permission to exploit the uranium fields of the system. It is hoped that this measure is one that would allay Kusari concerns and ensure our neighbours feel they are sufficiently represented in the area.

It is as a result of these issues, that regrettably the expansion of mining rights can not be granted at this time.

However, this very much does not prevent cooperation between our organisations. Sirius Entsorgung is most welcome in the Sigma systems in general and, on the particular subject of Sigma-21, will find Mekong Station most welcoming and its facilities freely accessible. It is envisioned that Sigma-21 may soon be developed as a free, open commerce hub to the benefit of all, and your organisation is invited to share in its success and freely purchase as much uranium as is available and you may see fit, under the protection of the Gas Miners Guild paramilitary.

Should the region agreeably settle, then it may be possible that at some point in the future we may find ourselves in a position to review and reconsider the sharing of mining rights in the system.

Cordially,

Keiji Namura