Discovery Gaming Community
Elite Dangerous - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=257)
+--- Thread: Elite Dangerous (/showthread.php?tid=196076)

Elite Dangerous - Stewgar - 02-13-2023

Who plays and what do you like to do?

RE: Elite Dangerous - Haste - 02-17-2023

I used to, and I like to think back to the relatively rapid pace of development during the beta and how awesome the game could've been if it wasn't maintained by a skeleton crew for the past half decade or whatever Sad

RE: Elite Dangerous - Jeuge - 02-17-2023

I played for a long time.
and I can tell you that the game itself is nice to explore, but the PvP level is horribly boring and the word 'balance' doesn't exist.
I have participated in many fights and events, where some of the 'wings' were incredibly toxic.
The lore could have been cool and good.
Trade is just Trade nothing more.
This game had great potential, but now lmao good luck.

RE: Elite Dangerous - Saronsen - 02-18-2023

the game lead has a VISION he refuses to stray from, and it has actively harmed the game. the expansion(s) so far have been half-baked.
visually its quite excellent, and PVE combat is enjoyable. PVP combat is a game of whoever has put the most millions into engineering their ship to have massive bonuses that you wont have without the same insane time/money investment.
depending on what sort of gameplay you enjoy, you could get 20+ to hundreds of hours of enjoyment.

mining, and in particular mining with explosives, is the most fun ive had in a long time in space sims. its an immersive experience, and i imagine it really makes your heart pound if you play online hoping a player doesnt roll up with an anaconda and a few cargo bays looking for an easy profit. but i personally dont recommend anything more than online co-op.

RE: Elite Dangerous - ambasada.ludozerska - 02-18-2023

I play and I spend most of the time in weird places like the galactic rim or 3kLY above the plane. And when I'm taking a break near some civilization, I usually go deep core mining.

RE: Elite Dangerous - Stewgar - 02-25-2023

Has anybody tried the multricrew function? I want to get a combat ship and rack up some bounties and some friends are wanting to get an exploration ship to go out exploring. From the sounds of it, one person can fly and another can work the scanners. There are some RP servers so walking around on ships can enhance the immersion of storytelling

RE: Elite Dangerous - LaWey - 02-25-2023

VR flying is beatiful, but if you dont like FLYING as it - there is nothing to do.
Quote:The lore could have been cool and good.
They started to put some efforts last months. Though almost always it feels like "some news, have nothing with my business". Kinda, you doesn't feel involvement.
Quote: PVP combat is a game of whoever has put the most millions into engineering their ship to have massive bonuses that you wont have without the same insane time/money investment.
At least for last 2-3 years - engineering system itself doesnt require money, like at all. Time investments are colossal, yes.
Money very irrelevant and even redunant if you arent into powerplay or really big ships. Economy? What the economy? Probably there should be some carrier-based player baasars, but i didnt interested.
Quote:Has anybody tried the multricrew function?
You just use ship together, now with 4.0 its works as proper party system, allows to combine up to 4 players in any variations (my accent on this could sound weird, but its just multicrew had alot of limitations before odyssey). About possible fun applications - turrets gunner, fighter/srv pilot, marines.
Quote:so walking around on ships can enhance the immersion of storytelling
Nah, its dont work like in SC, you just fill available seats in cockpit and use it as battlestations, controlling some systems, or piloting carried vehicles, if there anything meaningful installed. Or just sitting as a potato, if not.

RE: Elite Dangerous - Stewgar - 04-05-2023

I just purchased and outfitted my Anaconda. Anybody interested in doing some multicrew or multiship extraction zone ops?

RE: Elite Dangerous - evanz - 04-06-2023

ive got it installed, not played in about a year i think, forgotten how it all works, but would be nice to fly about again, ive got i think a good few billions, got a couple of big trade and cargo ships

RE: Elite Dangerous - Stewgar - 04-06-2023

(04-06-2023, 10:27 AM)evanz Wrote: ive got it installed, not played in about a year i think, forgotten how it all works, but would be nice to fly about again, ive got i think a good few billions, got a couple of big trade and cargo ships

My discord is Racerdude#3800. We can connect there and get some ops going. I want to try and make it to Sol Big Grin