Discovery Gaming Community
To : [RM] and BDM| // Regarding : Project New Horizon - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To : [RM] and BDM| // Regarding : Project New Horizon (/showthread.php?tid=196611)

To : [RM] and BDM| // Regarding : Project New Horizon - Dr. Richard Batsbak - 03-23-2023

DEEP SPACE RESEARCH
We go where others turn around

[Image: 4xLfzzyI1KnYKuNUhs70--13--3ypue.jpg?tr=w-1600,c-at_max]
Dr. Richard Batsbak
To : [RM] and BDM|
Subject : Project "New Horizon"
Encryption level : Maximum

Dear representatives of the Rheinwehr and Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts,

I am writing to request your support for my latest project, codenamed "New Horizon". As you may know, I have been working on a device that is designed to create jumpholes artificially. This device would allow for faster and more efficient travel between different parts of space, opening up new possibilities for exploration and commerce.

I would like to emphasize that this technology is not a replacement for jumpgates, but rather an addition to them. Jumpholes could provide an additional layer of flexibility and convenience to space travel, allowing ships to bypass certain obstacles or take shorter routes.

However, before the device can be tested and put into use, I need to find a suitable energy source. I am currently exploring a number of different options, and I am confident that I will be able to find a solution soon.

First i want to give you a short explanation of how this technolgy works.

The basic idea behind the device is to create a gravitational field in a specific location using energy. This gravitational field will then distort the fabric of space in that location, creating what's known as a "singularity," or a point of infinite density.
By carefully controlling the energy input into the field, we can create a stable singularity. This singularity will than bend the space and this will result in the creating of a jumphole.

The key to making this work is to precisely control the energy input into the field, as even small variations can cause the singularity to collapse or destabilize. This requires a sophisticated control system that can constantly monitor the field and adjust the energy input accordingly.

If we can make this work, the potential benefits are enormous. The ability to generate jumpholes at will would revolutionize space travel, making it faster, safer, and more efficient.

Now that the technical side is clear I would like to talk about the possible uses and the advantages and disadvantages of this technology.

The safest way to travel is still the use of gates build by DSE and EFL. As metioned before this is not an replacemnets for those gates but rather an addition.

While jumpgates provide a safe and reliable means of travel, they are also expensive to build and maintain, and can be subject to attack or sabotage by hostile forces.
Since jumpholes are not something that has to be build we could save a lot of money. Furthermore those jumpgates could be generated in a matter of days or even houres and wouldnt require the movement of materials and personal. This would than allow us tho generate those jumpholes everywhere we want, providing easy acces to remote systems where no jumpgate is found and the only options are unsafe natural jumpholes.

This would be a hugh step forward in how we travel through Sirius.
Alone the possibility of rapid deployment of emergency response teams and transport of critical supplies to disasters sites are a hugh step forward in humanitary aid.

From an economic point of view, we could also simplify and make safer the transport of rare ores from remote systems.

Of course, as with any new technology, there are also risks and potential downsides. The device could be used for nefarious purposes, allowing hostile forces to quickly move troops or equipment into strategic locations. Criminal activities such as smuggling, piracy, and human trafficking or Sabotage or terrorism that could be carried out using jumpholes to bypass security measures are some of those risks.

But one of the biggest problem we are facing now is that for now i cant say where the otherend of the jumphole will be. It could be in liberty but also somewhere deep in the Omicrons. In addition to this i cant tell how long the jumphole will be stable.
If we keep improving this technolgy we maight be able to solve this problems.

But therefore we need to do tests.
And at this point i am in the need of your help.
It is important to note that this is a highly experimental technology.
I am asking for permission to conduct a test of the device in the Thuringian system.
I believe that the Thuringian system would provide an ideal environment for the test, as it is closed to intruders and would allow us to conduct the test in a controlled and safe manner.

In conclusion, I believe that jumphole technology has the potential to revolutionize space travel and open up new possibilities for exploration and commerce. However, it is important that we approach this technology with caution and responsibility, to ensure that it is used only for peaceful and beneficial purposes. I hope that you will consider supporting this project, and I am happy to answer any further questions or concerns you may have.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

[Image: T5PDjYy.png]

Captain of the research vessel "New Horizon"
Administrator of the "Forschungsinstituit Arnsberg"

RE: To : [RM] and BDM| // Regarding : Project New Horizon - Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke - 03-23-2023

[Image: pQBt6FI.gif]
Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke
[Image: mnhfMji.png]

Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts
Encrypted Video Transmission

.......● RECIPIENTS:.........Doctor Richard Batsbak
.......● CARBON COPY:....Rheinwehr Oberkommando
.......● SENDER:................Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke
.......● LOCATION:............[Location scrambled]
.......● PRIORITY:..............█ █ █ █ █
.......● SUBJECT:...............Your requests.

To: Doctor Richard Batsbak,

I tend to look favorably upon various endeavors for scientific breakthroughs and yours is no exception; however, you are simply asking for too much as a complete stranger, aspiring as you are. You are outlining ample downsides your experimental and volatile technology holds, and in the meantime request to conduct it's tests in Thuringien?
The system is filled with volatile anomalies and other hazards as it is, and I am not open to exposing it to yet another.

Your request to hold tests in the system of Thuringien is denied. I suggest you choose a location that pertains to less potential negative consequences for Rheinland... and unwary strangers who may make use of your artificial anomalies.

In regard to consulting assistance - I will if there's personnel willing to work on the case and how much of our own expertise we may disclose, if any at all. I will be in touch.

Auf Wiedersehen, doctor.

[ EVIDENCE ]

From,

Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke,
Direktorin, Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts

[Image: 6ZphKif.png]

Message End

RE: To : [RM] and BDM| // Regarding : Project New Horizon - Dr. Richard Batsbak - 03-23-2023

DEEP SPACE RESEARCH
We go where others turn around

[Image: 4xLfzzyI1KnYKuNUhs70--13--3ypue.jpg?tr=w-1600,c-at_max]
Dr. Richard Batsbak
To : [RM] and BDM|
Subject : Project "New Horizon"
Encryption level : Maximum

Dear Mrs. Wilcke,

Thank you for your rapid respond.

On several occasions I have publicly invited people to visit my station and meet with me. And to take advantage of the opportunity to see the research being done at the station.

The fact that a new research facility has been built in New Berlin for a long time and is still under construction should not have escaped you.

This invitation is still valid, and you are more than welcome to visit me and see my work for yourself.

Regarding the place I have chosen for the test. I have not yet been to Thuringia, so I could not know that there are volatile anomalies there.

As a proud citizen of the rhineland, I would not want to endanger it by any means.

I have already checked the other possible locations and found only one other location in Stuttgart.

Here is an excerpt from my notes:

Hamburg : Not enough empty space.
New Berlin : Not enough empty space and heavily populated.
Frankfurt : Too many asteroids.
Stuttgart : Possible in 7/8 G/H
Munich : Too much interference and the danger of corsairs.

I assumed that security in Thuringia would be easier to ensure than in other systems. Since it is only a temporary event and the other end has to be found by others, I thought the danger was rather low. That is why I am also sending this massage to the Rheinwehr. They should be able to provide enough security for the duration of the test.

As long as the technology does not fall into the wrong hands, there is no danger of it being misused.

Another possibility would be to perform the test outside of Rheinland, for example in Hudson or Omicron Rho. Hudson would be under the influence of Liberty, and Omicron Rho is under the control of the Core,

If you have any other ideas, I would love to hear them.

If you don't think it's worth working with me and you're not interested in this technology, just say so and I won't take up any more of your valuable time.

Sincerely,

[Image: T5PDjYy.png]

Captain of the research vessel "New Horizon"
Administrator of the "Forschungsinstituit Arnsberg"