Discovery Gaming Community
To: Cliff Hunter, Deep Space Engineers, From: AWES - Leeds Base Transfer Project - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Cliff Hunter, Deep Space Engineers, From: AWES - Leeds Base Transfer Project (/showthread.php?tid=196849)

To: Cliff Hunter, Deep Space Engineers, From: AWES - Leeds Base Transfer Project - All Worlds - 04-16-2023

[Image: awes1-1.png]
[Image: awes2.png]

[Image: ROIsWnR.png]

» Sender - Victor Willis, Leeds Base Transfer Project, All Worlds Enterprises & Securities
» Recipient - Cliff Hunter, Deep Space Engineers
» Subject - Introductions and Project discussions
» ENCRYPTION LEVEL - MAXIMUM - MESSAGE IS SECURE

Good day Cliff Hunter,

My name is Victor Willis, recently appointed to head up the project concerning movement of our recently purchased base, Planet Leeds Search and Rescue, to another system location for repurposed use. I'm told DSE was willing to take on this contract, and unless that has changed, I'm eager to get started in learning about the process from those with experience in the engineering involved in safely deconstructing these stations so they can be successfully reconstructed elsewhere.

In preparation for this assignment, I've been reviewing some data on other station installations that had similar work done, in most recent times, the SEO station just moved to Texas, Eupen Handelsplatz.

I took the liberty of having the pre-purchase exterior appraisal images included in this communication, as reference and potentially use in concept explanations:
Image description Link Notes
Front View Link to Image Supports clearly noted connecting the 3 main bays of the structure
Front View from Left Link to Image 16 smaller storage containers attached - 8 each to bays A and C
Back View Link to Image Strongest connection to rear modules via central bay B
Back View from Left Link to Image Supports observed between rear module and larger storage
cylinders on each side behind Bays A and C

From a novice's first glance, it seems that this model of base structure is very much still modular to the point of having easiest separation process than other more advanced integrations. It appears we could simply reverse the upgrades temporarily by sealing off non-core components, disconnect them from the station and load them into open cargo pod / bay areas of waiting transports - each method dependent on the size of the piece handled. From that point, evacuating station, power down, depressurize, carefully severe internal wiring including other conduits as necessary between bays on the support beams, and finally cutting the beams themselves so each Bay can be hauled out individually.

Alternatively, there is the option of attempting to tow it to its new location, slowly, as it sits. My concern over this method, however, is how much stress the station might take when pulled with its towing vessel into Jump Gates - if this is even possible. We may end up with a newly purposed station that will be a mess of stress fractures and metal fatigue just from the journey.

However, I contend I am not the expert here and am merely an amateur looking to increase their knowledge and curiosity while performing the project management function on behalf of AWES. I am really looking forward to observing DSE's expertise and experience in action first hand, once the details have been ironed out in planning.

Thank you for your agreement to assist with these efforts. I await your reply with anticipation!

Sincerely,

[Image: awes180.jpg]

Victor Willis
Leeds Base Transfer Project
All Worlds Enterprises & Securities

TRANSMISSION END

RE: To: Cliff Hunter, Deep Space Engineers, From: AWES - Leeds Base Transfer Project - DSE- - 04-16-2023

[Image: 0GDbcPu.png]
Greetings Victor ,

In regards the moving of the base you seem to have a good handle on what is required.

If this was an in-system move, it would have been towed at slow, steady acceleration to the desired location.

Moving to another system will mean breaking the sections down into smaller modular units. These units would be best carted in Titanic Heavy Tanker - irreplaceable for carrying bulky cargo. Having a single large cargo bay instead of multiple cargo pods, this ship is capable of carrying larger sections of a space station without reducing them to individual modules. The reinforced hull provides additional protection against possible pirate attacks and asteroid fields.

An alternative is to use a Type 1 Barge. Slow but capable of taking the PoB in large sections. This has the benefit of less disassembling time/cost and less reassembling time/costs, but more travel time. It also has the disadvantage if the base is in an asteroid field, as its sheer bulk reduces movement.

Please feel free to contact us again if need be.

Regards,
Cliff Hunter
Director