Discovery Gaming Community
To: Dr. Aspen Harlow, Starlight Research - From: Vicmouth - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Dr. Aspen Harlow, Starlight Research - From: Vicmouth (/showthread.php?tid=196895)

To: Dr. Aspen Harlow, Starlight Research - From: Vicmouth - Vicmouth - 04-20-2023

Incoming Transmission

To: Dr. Aspen Harlow, Starlight Research
Subject: Supplies

Encryption: Daybreak
Visibility: Private

Dr. Aspen Harlow,

This is the complete shopping list. Please note that it is separated into High Priority Supplies and Nice-to-haves. The High Priority items are required to allow us to continue servicing our guests, as they usually arrive here with radiation damage, low on fuel, low on food and potentially suffering from radiation burn. Aside from that, they will make our stay in the habitable areas a lot easier.

The Nice-to-haves are generally low priority but are the demands of the various locals assembled into one list. You will notice that some of these items here are not necessarily legal to acquire and carry, but given you are aware of this location and considering your entourage, I feel like this is just a minor inconvenience at best to you.

You will notice that some of these have a certain range. It is entirely up to you if you do the minimum or do the full request.

High Priority
Ablative Armor Plating 20-100
MOX 150
Thorium-Mox 150
Med-Stasis Bands 100
Nanocapacitors 100
Petrochemicals 20-100
Pharmaceuticals 200
Quantum Arrays 10-50
RoboCultivars 50-100
Robotics 100
Water 700
Zinc 20-100
Biodome Materials 10
Bio-Stability Monitors 5-20
Bio-Neural Processors 5-30
Counterfeit Software 50-250
Critical Temperature Alloy 50-200
Deuterium 500-1000
DT Fuel 20-200
Energy Field Equipment 10-30
Engine Components 50-80
Food Rations 500-2000
Gravity Field Stabilizers 30-300
Heat Sinks 5-25
Human Organs 2
Industrial Hardware 20
Industrial Materials 50-200
Lasers 50-80
Kyushu Rice 50-500
Magnets 30-70
Manifolds 30-50
Magnetic Superconductors 20-40
Optical Chips 20-85
PlasFoam Conduits 20-400
Plastics 20-60
Polymers 40
Tea 500-2000

Low Priority
Armaments 5-20
APC Advanced Hardware 5
Synth Gel 50
Side Arms 5
Vodka 50
Whiskey 20
Cryocubes 5
Diamonds 10-200
Elixiers 25-30
Fertilizer 20-40
FloraGro 10-15
Furs 5
Gin 50-60
Synthetic Marijuana 420
HazMat Canisters 5
Holo-Tainment Bands 30
Holosculptures 5
Hypnotainment Bands 30
Junyo Fire Pearls 10
Leather 350-1850
Liquid Cardamine 20
Liberty Ale 50-100
Pineal Amulets 2
Rum 50-200
Sake 50-200
Shigeakiki 5-30
Tobacco 30-70

If you have any of those items, hand them to Alexa Hernandez on-site. Afterwards, report to me with a manifest of the deliveries. I managed to secure the funds to make this worth your time. Any delivered item of the High Priority list will be rewarded with 5.000 Credits, while any delivered item of the Low Priority list will be rewarded with 2.000 Credits.

I leave it up to you to relay the shopping list to your companions. Snowflakes like them are not exactly a rarity here. They aren't the first nor the last. I've met a lot of people like them, and they all have their share of burdens to live with. Most of them do not even think about where the stuff they take from the installation comes from, and I have grown to ignore that, considering some of these snowflakes aren't exactly the most approachable or trusting individuals. It is what it is. That just means I and the others appreciate it even more when someone of your caliber shows up and offers assistance. Personal bonus points if they aren't religious nutjobs like the O's.

Anyway, don't feel like you need to rush anything. Me and the others are still enough people to maintain the locals and the habitable zone. There is no hurry. I myself will run a few more runs today, with items not listed here.

Vicmouth

RE: To: Dr. Aspen Harlow, Starlight Research - From: Vicmouth - Proselyte - 04-21-2023

[Image: Smol.png]

Subject: Re: Supplies

Encryption Strength: Impossible

Vicmouth,

Some of those do look a little hard to come by. I'll find a way, though. I think I'm gettin' pretty good at coming by sources for items like that.

It might take me a minute or two to source that vessel I'd need to really pitch in, but you can count on it once I do. I reckon the fact that you're willing to finance me aught to make it easier. I appreciate it, really. The scrip'll end up being necessary if I'm going to make deals for some of the more, uh... exotic things you've got on the list.

I'll do my best. The place deserves as much.

Oh, and don't judge the rest of that glitterin' band too harshly. Some of those burdens are pretty damned heavy. Heavier than I could carry, anyway. It's only human that it'd put their minds on other things. But hey, I'll call ya when we whip up a solution to those little cognitive deficiencies.

--Dr. Aspen Harlow
Exploration, SLRC

...standby. Checking packet...
...packet successfully sent.

RE: To: Dr. Aspen Harlow, Starlight Research - From: Vicmouth - Vicmouth - 04-21-2023

Incoming Transmission

Doctor,

That's excellent news. I'm certain the others will appreciate it just as much as I do.

Apologies if I worded myself unfortunately. I guess my manners have corroded over time - happens when you're staying isolated for too long. The entire point of the installation is, obviously, to provide a shelter for those with rather unique, let's say, fates, if you will, and of course to form a bridge between... well, between everything, to be precise. Between law enforcers and criminals, spiritualists and materialists, between the commoners and leaders. Between light and darkness. As I mentioned during our little moment in space, everyone is of the same value here. The pawn and the king return into the same box at the end of the game.

All I meant to say was that every time a ship brings materials here, that is a lot more appreciated than credits. The people here are not exactly living a life of economical growth. In the face of a potential end of all life as we know it, the ability to sustain ourselves with food, water, pharmacy, fuel and spare parts simply means a lot more than numbers on an account. Some of the pilgrims and other guests don't tend to think that far, if you catch my drift.

It is what it is.

Vicmouth

RE: To: Dr. Aspen Harlow, Starlight Research - From: Vicmouth - Vicmouth - 04-24-2023

Incoming Transmission

Doctor,

To make things a bit more easier to manage, I've prepared the Bar Black Board to manage the supplies, given that more people are interested in helping out. It's the electronic board at the wall next to the defunct CNS panel, you can't miss it.

Vicmouth