Discovery Gaming Community
To: Takeo Katashi, From: AWES - Station Movement Expertise - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Takeo Katashi, From: AWES - Station Movement Expertise (/showthread.php?tid=197056)

Pages: 1 2

To: Takeo Katashi, From: AWES - Station Movement Expertise - All Worlds - 05-03-2023

[Image: awes1-1.png]
[Image: awes2.png]

[Image: ROIsWnR.png]

» Sender - Victor Willis, Leeds Base Transfer Project, All Worlds Enterprises & Securities
» Recipient - Takeo Katashi, Senior Chief Engineer, Zoners of Galileo at Freeport 12
» Subject - Introductions and Project discussions
» ENCRYPTION LEVEL - MAXIMUM - MESSAGE IS SECURE

Good day Takeo Katashi,

My name is Victor Willis, recently appointed to head up the project concerning movement of our recently purchased base, Planet Leeds Search and Rescue, to another system location for repurposed use.

My boss CEO Don Vega has instructed me to follow-up with you regarding your expertise in the operations of moving a base between systems, to simplify and expediate our project to do the same.

I've had some data on other station installations that had similar work done, in most recent times, the SEO station just moved to Texas, Eupen Handelsplatz.

Our crews also managed to have some pre-purchase exterior appraisal images included in this communication, as reference and potentially use in concept explanations:
Image description Link Notes
Front View Link to Image Supports clearly noted connecting the 3 main bays of the structure
Front View from Left Link to Image 16 smaller storage containers attached - 8 each to bays A and C
Back View Link to Image Strongest connection to rear modules via central bay B
Back View from Left Link to Image Supports observed between rear module and larger storage
cylinders on each side behind Bays A and C

Thank you for your offer to assist with these efforts. We are really hoping to get this one started in short order, and will your expertise, I'm sure we can make it happen. I will make my way to Newark Station to attend our pre-arranged meeting with due haste.

Sincerely,

[Image: awes180.jpg]

Victor Willis
Leeds Base Transfer Project
All Worlds Enterprises & Securities

TRANSMISSION END

RE: To: Takeo Katashi, From: AWES - Station Movement Expertise - Takeo Katashi - 05-26-2023

Takeo Katashi

Hello, Mr. Willis and thank you for your swift response.

Our scanning team has also taken initial readings of your existing base configuration and have
reached similar conclusions regarding the necessities involved in it's deconstruction and transportation.

Having no need to go into details until such time as our full staffs have been convened, let me
say again that we are excited to be of assistance on this project to you in particular and AWES
in general.

May I please suggest a meeting aboard Newark Station, New York at 9am this Monday next?
If this time is not optimal, please advise me of the alternate time needed, as we are available
at your convenience.

With Respect and Admiration,

Katashi

RE: To: Takeo Katashi, From: AWES - Station Movement Expertise - All Worlds - 05-30-2023

[Image: awes1-1.png]
[Image: awes2.png]

» Sender - Victor Willis, Leeds Base Transfer Project, All Worlds Enterprises & Securities
» Recipient - Takeo Katashi, Senior Chief Engineer, Zoners of Galileo at Freeport 12
» Subject - Project discussions
» ENCRYPTION LEVEL - MAXIMUM - MESSAGE IS SECURE

Good day Takeo Katashi,

My apologies for the tardiness of my reply and inability to meet with you yesterday.

Scheduling informs me I've now got blocks of time available starting today after 17:00 Sirian Standard as well as Wednesday after 12:00.

Have your people contact my people to confirm what works and we'll get this meet started! (//Discord or PMs)

Sincerely,

[Image: awes180.jpg]

Victor Willis
Leeds Base Transfer Project
All Worlds Enterprises & Securities

TRANSMISSION END

RE: To: Takeo Katashi, From: AWES - Station Movement Expertise - Takeo Katashi - 06-01-2023

Takeo Katashi

Hello again, Mr. Willis.

Myself being a busy and harried systems engineer, I can certainly understand that there are many distractions from the more mundane tasks such as the scheduling of meetings.

I would like to accept your invitation to meet at 12pm on Wednesday, as we here at [ZoG] have amassed much data regarding the current disposition of your Leeds base and believe that there is much to discuss regarding which configurations to utilize from among a few limited options during the movement itself.

[Image: JnFlMii.jpg]

Our scanning shuttle has captured precise
dimensions of your base modules via laser tools and knowing that AWES is keen to
commence this operation with haste, we
believe that the initial phase of removing the smaller storage tanks can begin as soon as you think prudent.
Our preliminary measurements have brought us to the conclusion that by utilizing clever nesting, two or perhaps even three of these empty small tanks could be carried by a single Titanic if both the bay and deck top attachment are possible.

[Image: 5SZzGnM.jpg]

[Image: Cia3Lek.jpg]

Clearing these modules from the base's superstructure ASAP would allow us to dig into the meat and bones of the protective bracing and preparation necessary for the movement of these larger segments.

[Image: P9hcZZ3.jpg]

With Anticipation of tackling this project together,
Katashi

RE: To: Takeo Katashi, From: AWES - Station Movement Expertise - Takeo Katashi - 06-05-2023

Takeo Katashi, Arrival at Newark Station.

[Image: qet1Knl.jpg]

Good Morning, Newark Station control, this is Takeo Katashi of [ZoG] aboard a personal shuttle arriving for a meeting with Mr. Willis and Staff.

Upon docking, Katashi is led to a well-appointed meeting room with fresh flowers and a decanter of liquid refreshments on the obligatory long table and was asked to make himself comfortable while the others were apprised of his arrival. He then seated himself in a center seat along the long side of the table facing the door, and poured himself a drink of the tasty & slightly fizzy fruit flavored drink from the offered decanter. He then composed himself mentally and began reviewing the data he had brought with him on his personal device while awaiting the arrival of the others.

After only a few short minutes, he heard the what sounded like several people chatting amongst themselves as they approached in the adjoining hallway.

RE: To: Takeo Katashi, From: AWES - Station Movement Expertise - All Worlds - 06-09-2023

Newark Station, New York

With the meeting between Takeo Katashi of the Zoners of Galileo quickly approaching, the office staff handling Victor Willis' Leeds Base Transfer Project was in contact with the station's shuttle for the short trip to Newark.

Although already now getting quite familiar with the preliminary materials that Mr. Katashi had presented, Victor's support staff nevertheless did a brief review with the Project Lead to ensure they had all details correct in interpretation.

It wasn't long before the shuttle captain signaled that the Democritus class ferry was docking with the station, and that they were expected as their counterparts had already landed a short time ago. Not wanting to keep delay the meeting commencement any further, the entire group proceeded to the conference area and were directed to the appropriate room.

As Victor and his entourage entered the room, Mr. Katashi is observed immediately facing the entrance, and warm greetings are exchanged while the group finds places at the table. Mr. Willis is left a seat immediately across from Katashi, so as to ensure the primary spokesmen have the most direct lines of communication during the collaboration.

Upon the room coming to order, Victor begins addressing the subject of the meeting.

"Mr. Katashi, as we've said so many time over our communications, we are delighted to have your insight on this project. It is truly blazing new trails for our corporation and will be used as precedent for similar operations for years to come. Thank you for your time."

"We have reviewed your initial data provided and are actually quite relieved our fleet can be of great assistance with the move itself - being primarily made up of Civilian class ships such as the Titanic you have referenced. On that aspect we should have no logistical issues supplying the transport ships required."

"In advance of the full tear down effort for the move, we have crews doing some preliminary disconnections internally of some modules, taking them off-line."

"We would love to hear an outline of our next stages, to start preparations for any advance works involved."

Leeds Station Movement, Comprehensive Data. - Takeo Katashi - 06-09-2023

Takeo Katashi, New Data Presentation..

Thank You, Mr. Willis for the kind words. My Staff and I are likewise very keen to get this process underway.
Contained in these folders are the data I've previously mentioned, which was collected by our Sci-Scan shuttle.

<Katashi divides a pile of folders lying in front of him, and passes the results to the persons to his left and right to pass around, save one. This single folder he pushes across the table, directly in front of Mr. Willis.>

Upon arrival we noticed, of course, what a busy corridor you have in front of Planet Leeds where your base currently resides. It goes without saying that this will present us with traffic-handling issues once we begin moving modules. We will certainly have to alert the Bretonia Police regarding the timing of those movements once the details are settled.
Fortunately, the actual movement within the Leeds system is pretty straightforward afterward.

As to the base deconstruction, this also will not be terribly complicated as the base as it stands is of pretty simple, standard modular construction.

[Image: P9hcZZ3.jpg]
As you mentioned Mr. Willis, the removal of the smaller storage tanks have already begun, and this will clear the way for the more complicated processes that we face, such as the separation of the two major segments, as pictured.

[Image: WZESa4e.jpg]
Our shuttle team took laser measurements of these tanks, and verified that they will fit on the Titanic Heavy Tankers. While the Titanic appears to be capable of carrying more than one of these tanks, I defer to your Staff's unquestionably vast experience in such loading and shipping.

[Image: VmTMr1B.jpg]

[Image: hoA8N0d.jpg]
Regarding the major segments, these will be too large to enter tradelanes and would need to be tugged the entirety of the route, as they cannot be carried through due to clearance issues even by the mighty Titanics, as indicated. Fortunately they will fit through Jump Gates, but will require much external bracing to withstand the stresses involved. The following page begins my outline of that bracing plan.

Since we are all Scientists and Engineers with a firm grasp on the concepts of Physics, I have outlined these bracing plans with some quick sketches from which we can refine via further discussions as we proceed, if necessary.
[Image: 6jG8lkZ.jpg]
I suggest that we solidify these segments with the spindly catwalks by boxing in those areas with triangular Reinforced Alloy bracing running between the corners of the much more solid armored bays, as seen in figure 4, 5 and 6. The offset of the triangular braces will reinforce the catwalks and solidify the entire structure sufficiently to eliminate both flexion and torsion.
[Image: sKtvKI6.jpg][Image: YbIMhs1.jpg]

These long, reinforced segments would need to be tractored by two Base Construction ships with one at the front and another at the rear, however their attachment points and behavior during system jumps would need to be tested out for feasibility. My initial thought is that the forward ship act as the pulling unit with the rear ship running at a small percentage less power so that it acts as a "drogue" which keeps the segment in line behind the tractor.
Alternately, we could just break these segments apart, haul the catwalks on a Titanic and tractor the individual modules with a single Constructor. This would require more ships, but less preparation and probably about the same time scale in the end. But again, I defer to your knowledge of ships, loads and shipping processes.

On the following pages, you will find the data that we have accumulated with respect to the convoy routing.
As I mentioned previously, the path out of Leeds is fairly simple. After cautiously crossing the major traffic channel to approach the Newcastle Gate (thus avoiding the probable nightmare of routing through New London) the Titanics can use the tradelane for their traffic, but when the larger modules are moved, they will need to sideline along the lane where possible. However, some areas of our route would lie within ice clouds and asteroid fields. In these cases, we will need to route around them, which introduces another concern. Security.

[Image: 8upndXr.jpg]

But first, the relatively simple Leeds leg.
A straight shot out of Leeds. No problem.

[Image: 8nAtLv4.jpg]

Then we enter Newcastle. Out route is simple enough, but upon entry we will immediately face the Barrier Nebula.

We will likely need a few extra tugs for this area to proceed the modules and clear a path through the ice. Annoying, but not insurmountable. A few security ships with appropriately strong weaponry may also suffice.
Once we pass that hurdle, our next challenge is passing the trade corridor at Plant Carlisle.
The modules will need to keep to the north side of the tradelanes and also pass north around the Ashington moon to avoid the tricky gravimetrics of passing between the two bodies.

[Image: 75W4TaM.jpg][Image: hPsAIZl.jpg]

[Image: G57SoKn.jpg]

That being done the next leg is wide open to Scarborough Shipyard.
Keeping the modules to the north of the lanes will make this steep turn a little easier by giving more room to approach.

The final Newcastle leg is also open and should present no problems.
But we should enjoy that respite while it lasts, because much of the rest of the move route will present us with challenges.

[Image: is5pySx.jpg]
Manchester, Ladies and Gentlemen. Manchester....
As we all know, Ice Fields are very prevalent in the entirety of the Cortez and California systems, but in the Northeastern Manchester system there is also a significant cloud along our path. In order to avoid both this complication and also that of making a difficult turn in an area of dense commercial traffic at Birmingham Station, my recommendation is to bypass the cloud entirely.

[Image: KxS2qui.jpg]
As you can see in the attached diagram, it is possible to bypass the field entirely via a straight line between the Newcastle and Cortez Gates. The only issue with this pathing is that our shuttle encountered both Rogue and Lane Hacker ships in this area, so a significant Security presence is advisable during this transit. Using this path, we can be quickly quit of the Manchester system entirely.

[Image: Q20Uwgy.jpg]

And then comes Cortez. The fickle Gods of Sirius have given us our most daunting challenge in this final system.
We will be emerging from the Manchester Jump directly into the Roatan Ice Cloud.
This is a fairly dense cloud containing ice crystals and Bergs of significant density.
Some work may be needed again here to clear a path for the movement of the large modules through this area. Here, I recommend a path along the south side of the lanes to avoid close proximity to Planet Curacao upon exiting.

[Image: DnUJjdL.jpg]

At Planet Curacao, I suggest we carefully transit this traffic area beneath the plane and cross to the north side of the lanes east of the Planet, as our final destination lies on that side.

[Image: x5TSDRL.jpg]

Fortunately, the Paloma Ice Cloud that we will transit to the final site for the base's new position is not as dense as Ruatan, and we should be able to shoot directly for this position in the final leg once we clear the Curacao traffic lanes and the large base to it's south-east, as shown.

[Image: JLlvm74.jpg]

I see some of your eyes beginning to glaze over from this somewhat lengthy data-drop. I apologize.

Fortunately, we have arrived at the proposed final base location.

At the position noted in the final figure, we found a void within the cloud which was large enough to house your re-assembled base. It lies 5k nearly due north of the California Gate, which by my recollection was approximately your team's desired location.

Be advised however, we also encountered the occasional small Rogue ship in this area, so some Security being in place during base reconstruction here is advisable. At least until base defenses are operational.

And so at long last, this concludes my presentation of my proposals regarding your impending base movement, and I gladly entertain any questions that you may have.

<Katashi then bows slightly in the direction of Mr. Willis, and takes his seat>

RE: To: Takeo Katashi, From: AWES - Station Movement Expertise - All Worlds - 06-11-2023

Newark Station, New York

Upon the completion of Mr. Katashi's presentation, Victor Willis takes a moment to process the data in his head. He realizes the large smile he displays should probably be confirmed as being thrilled with the results of this collaboration before it is mistaken for disdain of this incredible work.

He stands up, almost too quickly, and politely applauds the work he has seen as replying to the material presented.

"Mr. Katashi, this is beyond incredible work. You've taken into account environmental items that we hadn't even considered might be affecting our efforts and mitigated them with reasonable actions to ensure success of the entire endeavor. This is great, just great!"

"In your opinion, with this framework in mind, can we proceed to execute our next stage involving the remaining deconstruction and start moving individual segments to our new site? Will we need any further parties involved to facilitate these efforts that I can contact in advance of our commencement?"

RE: To: Takeo Katashi, From: AWES - Station Movement Expertise - Takeo Katashi - 06-12-2023

Takeo Katashi

Yes Mr. Willis, While I would completely expect your staff to verify my figures and numbers for surety and safety, pending that outcome I believe that we are ready to begin the complete on-site deconstruction of the base into it's transportable modules in preparation for the movement phase which can begin as soon a we rally the transportation and Security assets and make the appropriate official notifications to the Bretonian Authorities regarding the potential traffic disruptions and our Security presence, as they may insist on some involvement with that aspect.

And, while I'm sure that the mighty AWES fleet is entirely capable with respect to the movement phase, I am authorized to speak on behalf of the [ZoG] to pledge our logistical assistance in any way that would be expeditious and helpful. I have also been made aware of your group having a newly founded Assets Protection and Convoy Security associates? It seems likely that these ships acting in concert with [ZoG] frigates could well provide for our security necessities in this endeavour.
This also would allow us to keep our routes and plans secure with "in-house" associations.

Also, I thank you again for your kind words, and commend your Staff for their invaluable assistance with the compilation of the necessary data.

<Katashi smiles broadly and bows slightly to the AWES Staff before taking his seat>

RE: To: Takeo Katashi, From: AWES - Station Movement Expertise - All Worlds - 06-15-2023

Newark Station, New York

"Mr. Katashi, we will take this information to our people on the ground at the station and run with it. They are most eager to get moving this antique moved to a location ASAP so we can actually begin considering modern upgrades."

"We will be in touch regarding any further resources required once breakdown of the modules has completed."

"Thank you again for your team's great attention to detail and strong effort in gathering this data in a timely fashion. It is a true credit to your organization."

"We look forward to many future projects together with ZoG to build upon this first one."

Victor stands and walks briskly to Mr. Katashi's seat, returning the bow, and enthusiastically shakes his hand to conclude this meeting. The teams continue to chatter about fine details as each makes its way towards the conference area exits.