Discovery Gaming Community
[Official Faction Event] They Came From the Clouds - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Official (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=550)
+----- Forum: Event Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=274)
+----- Thread: [Official Faction Event] They Came From the Clouds (/showthread.php?tid=197516)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

[Official Faction Event] They Came From the Clouds - SlappyTheRoach - 06-12-2023

They Came From the Clouds
Colorado System
The beginning of the Colorado Incident event chain

[Image: GXR57Nz.png]

Overview

¤¤¤¤¤Pueblo Station has lost contact with two of its patrols as they passed by the Copperton Asteroid Field, now the stations long range scanners are sporadically picking up a significant amount of unknown contacts approaching which seem to disappear shortly after showing up on the scanners. Having recognized the incoming contacts as a potentially significant threat, Pueblo Station has broadcasted an emergency distress call throughout the system. With the Liberty Navy leveraging its full force against the Insurgency in the Vespucci system, the only aid available is that of what little Navy presence remains in the system as well as whatever brave pilots might be passing by.

¤¤¤¤¤With the main production facility of Sirian trade lane and jump gate parts under assault, Ageira's personnel scramble to defend their station and livelihoods while waiting on reinforcements to arrive. Any significant damage could result in impactful production and shipping delays of essential maintenance parts, posing a logistical risk for all of Sirius. Only time will tell how Pueblo's defenses will hold up and what, if any, reinforcements will come to their aid.

Event Duration:

at 19:00 to 21:00 time on 17/06/2023 - No Respawn Cooldown Timer for deaths occuring in COLORADO SYSTEM ONLY for the duration of the event.

NOTES

This event is one of three official faction events that, together, form a player made mini story arch. These events are open for all to join and will hopefully spur more creative rp.
Nomad indies and Wilde will have ZOI in the Kepler, Galileo and Colorado systems during these three events. Please keep in mind this is a temporary allowance for the duration of each separate event.

Epilogue

¤¤¤¤¤ The Nomad assault on Pueblo Station was met with more resistance than initially expected as both Liberty defense forces and the Order worked together to beat back the alien threat. Unwilling to give up the chance of crippling the trade lane network of Sirius the Nomads doubled down on their assault, swarming the station with unexpected numbers. While the invading force was eventually fully repelled, it had not come without cost; many lives were lost and the station had suffered damage throughout several decks.

With the station safe for now, the Order broke formation and flew into the Copperton Asteroid Field, intent on finding the launch point of the Nomad assault. The crew of Pueblo Station quickly got to work to get a proper idea of the extent of damage the base had sustained, as well as what affects it would have on production. Keen on containing news on this outbreak, the Liberty Navy blockaded both tradelanes towards the station, citing security concerns due to an increase in unlawful activity in the region.

THANKS TO:

@SlappyTheRoach for his feedback.
As well as of course the @5th Fleet, @Liberty Navy 46th Fleet and the @Order Overwatch for all working together on making these official faction events.

RE: [Official Faction Event] They Came From the Clouds - The First Armada - 06-12-2023

Very nice! We have set up a discord event for this for anyone wanting to coordinate lawful side with us
>>>discord event link<<<

RE: [Official Faction Event] They Came From the Clouds - Promotheus - 06-12-2023

Why would Outcasts get involved? It’s Liberty and Order vs Nomads and Wilde, if anything Outcasts would kick up the cardi smuggling to 11 while Liberty was even more distracted, not risk precious Outcast lives so far from Malta in a fight they have no stake in. Lane Hackers I could somewhat see, but even they’d probably stay out of it until the Nomads were dealt with and then swoop in to punish Ageira, not loljump into the frey?

Small edit: Also before it gets pointed out I know it says all factions welcome but that does not imply you should organize a mass log of unrelated factions xD if you fly by during feel free to join in

Small edit2: The comment referring to bringing in Outcasts to the event has been modified so the above seemingly comes out of nowhere, glad to see people understood the spirit of the event though Big Grin

RE: [Official Faction Event] They Came From the Clouds - Couden - 06-12-2023

Can Coalition join?

RE: [Official Faction Event] They Came From the Clouds - Czechmate - 06-12-2023

(06-12-2023, 04:39 PM)Promotheus Wrote: Why would Outcasts get involved? It’s Liberty and Order vs Nomads and Wilde, if anything Outcasts would kick up the cardi smuggling to 11 while Liberty was even more distracted, not risk precious Outcast lives so far from Malta in a fight they have no stake in. Lane Hackers I could somewhat see, but even they’d probably stay out of it until the Nomads were dealt with and then swoop in to punish Ageira, not loljump into the frey?

Small edit: Also before it gets pointed out I know it says all factions welcome but that does not imply you should organize a mass log of unrelated factions xD if you fly by during feel free to join in
Why come?
Well, It's respawn PvE event, more fun if it's PvP added in too! There will be very few nomad/wild players as the respawn docking spot is very far and they are few. Vagrant/Fae will probably not want to come to Liberty, K'hara aren't very active.

You can always limit IDs if you want it strictly lore-friendly, it's better if there's more than one human side usually in these though!

RE: [Official Faction Event] They Came From the Clouds - xenomorph - 06-12-2023

This event is not meant to be a gathering where every possible affiliation from Freelancer can expect rewards (if any are given), as this is not comparable to Connecticut. Instead, I recommend creating ships that are specifically designed for this event, and participate alongside others, just like everyone else. Thanks.

PS Nice event Smile

(06-12-2023, 05:24 PM)xenomorph Wrote: This event is not meant to be a gathering where every possible affiliation from Freelancer can expect rewards (if any are given), as this is not comparable to Connecticut. Instead, I recommend creating ships that are specifically designed for this event and participating alongside others, just like everyone else. Thanks.
Say what IDs can come then, a very simple event design step if you don't want everyone in Zoi (+Colaition, Zoners, even IMG who have allied lines etc etc) joining Smile

RE: [Official Faction Event] They Came From the Clouds - xenomorph - 06-12-2023

(06-12-2023, 05:26 PM)Czechmate Wrote:
(06-12-2023, 05:24 PM)xenomorph Wrote: This event is not meant to be a gathering where every possible affiliation from Freelancer can expect rewards (if any are given), as this is not comparable to Connecticut. Instead, I recommend creating ships that are specifically designed for this event and participating alongside others, just like everyone else. Thanks.
Say what IDs can come then, a very simple event design step if you don't want everyone in Zoi joining Smile

Judge from the storyline.

Quote:These events are open for all to join and will hopefully spur more creative rp.
- It's ok to limit events to specific IDs btw, that does exactly what you said - create specific ships meant to participate!

I'd also suggest a unique wild restart is made for Kepler for the event + a PoB respawn point can be considered near Pueblo, it won't be hard to make. I know nomad/wild players are meant to just supplement NPCs but it will be cooler for everyone if many show up

RE: [Official Faction Event] They Came From the Clouds - Levenna - 06-12-2023

(06-12-2023, 05:30 PM)Czechmate Wrote:
Quote:These events are open for all to join and will hopefully spur more creative rp.
- It's ok to limit events to specific IDs btw, that does exactly what you said - create specific ships meant to participate!

I'd also suggest a unique wild restart is made for Kepler for the event + a PoB respawn point can be considered near Pueblo, it won't be hard to make. I know nomad/wild players are meant to just supplement NPCs but it will be cooler for everyone if many show up

I don't think there's much creative about every faction under the sun magically appearing at the same location for no apparent inrp reason for every event. If anything it's completely immersion breaking. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Good RP means that we shouldn't need to be babysat by event organisers to understand the spirit and RP intent of an event without outcasts/coalition/GC/insurgency/auxo/core/crayter/every faction with ZOI joining in.