Discovery Gaming Community
To: Commander Dzeferson, BAF - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Commander Dzeferson, BAF (/showthread.php?tid=197888)

To: Commander Dzeferson, BAF - Gagadug. - 07-16-2023

- Message Class: Textual -

-= Strong Encryption =-

[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Priority: High
To: Commander Dzeferson [only]

Commander Dzeferson,

I think it would be more appropriate we continue our communication in a separate channel.
Your report needs no clarification, but it would be helpful if you provided the numbers of what you require to my office. Considering the nature of the Division you are setting up, I think going by the usual bureaucracy might slow the process down too much. If we decide to implement your approach on a wider base that will change but for now you will get funds from the research budgets, too. That usually speeds things up quite a bit and eases access to personel of your liking.
Training grounds will be provided, you will get priority access as long as your division gets research grants.
Once you refined the strategies you envision I expect you to try and teach them to other units of differing proficiency to evaluate how widely they should and could be implemented.
A deployment you will have to wait for though, there is currently no place I would see the need to deploy the might of the armed forces to, planetside. Gladly we enjoy a period of relative peace and the police is more than capable of handling any smaller scale unrest that may take place.
I think that will not be a topic all too soon though, once you got your forces in shape and the program progresses well we will consider the options.

Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacob McIntire

RE: To: Commander Dzeferson, BAF - Cybertron - 07-18-2023

[Image: u7RetbH.png]
[Image: 1R7qFYD.png]

Message Class: Project "Terra"
Encryption: Regional
To: Bretonia Armed Forces

Admiral of the Fleet, Sir Jacob McIntire,

It is good to hear from you. This means a lot to me, for an Admiral and the Admirallity Board to take into consideration a plan of my making, it brings joy to me.
But not to get carried away would be a proper thing to do. In this report I'll try to be brief, direct and clear to the best of my abilities.

It is my proposal that Cambridge planet is the most suitable place for such operations. The reasons for that are numerous, but I will explain the most valuable ones. The first is the unexpected arrival of too many immigrants due to the wars we were waging. With that in mind, it is a possibility that, eventually, there could be riots, uprisings or any different kind of civil disorder. While the Bretonian Police is doing their jobs to the best of their abilities, it would not hurt to implement a security precaution and test our units. A show of force would be the thing I had in mind, and by that I mean deterrence to any party who sees fit to harm our great nation. What better way to do that then having one of the most elite trained units execute such tasks, whether in guerilla or a public way.
The reason number two is the abundance of the scientific society in Cambridge which can provide advancements in terms of gear upgrades, sophisticated systems and general appliance of the technology to our advantage.

The budget for this operation has been accessed with great care and planning. The initial numbers are estimated under expectations that this project will be approved and coordinated in such manner that every aspect of it will also be approved and implemented. With this in mind, the calculated budget for such endeavour is 65 billions 400 millions 600 thousand credits per infantry regiment, which places us at around 21 million 800 thousand and 200 credits per soldier in the regiment for a thorough-paced infantryman.
This includes the fees for equipment in regards of clothing, light arms, fuel for vehicles, food, fees for commodities in total and a years worth of wages.
On the other hand, budget for research and development in coordination and cooperation with Scientific community of Cambridge is not yet calculated in exact numbers, due to yet unknown decision and will of ours whether or not we will enter this joint endeavour. It can be estimated at around 50 billion credits in total for the first year to come, including the prices of all the equipment we are to acquire and wages for the esteemed members of the beforementioned community.

That gets us at total of 115 billion 400 millions 600 thousand and 200 credits in total, which is my estimated amount, pretty accurate, but yet not definitive.

The first unit to undergo the training and drills is a part of the 5th "Iron" Infantry Division, the 3rd Infantry Regiment which will be commanded by me personally, to battle-test the system we have implemented, the risk assessment of said endeavour, the quality of the design and the worthiness of the idea. They will be supervised by a board of your choosing and, If I may suggest, it is their obligation to submit a written report that is due at the end of the trial period.
The 3rd Infantry Regiment is composed of 3 battalions, each counting 3 companies. In the same manner, I recommend to start with the numbers most suited for our goal, and that is 1 company of men at a time. This means we will be able to work with separate platoons and we can break them down into squads. The squad, in my opinion is the best unit to be sent to covert operations and undergo guerilla warfare.

The staff is to consist of one fully operational Battalion which I can provide from my own 5th "Iron" Infantry Division. Its purpose would be to provide the drilling staff, logistical support, security unit and medical support. This includes 27 officers, 76 NCO's and 680 soldiers. They are to be organized internally by the officer in command as he sees fit, but accordingly to the next manifest: battalion command, four companies, each company four platoons, each platoon four squads. Additional to that one platoon at all times as a base protection platoon, one infirmary level 1 and one logistical platoon in charge of logistical support.

Assignments for which the regiment will be trained to perform are versatile:
  • counter terorrism tasks;
  • reconnaissance tasks;
  • counter reconnaissance tasks;
  • sabotage tasks;
  • counter sabotage tasks;
  • paratrooper units tasked with actions behind the enemy lines;
  • guerilla warfare tasks;
  • counter guerilla warfare tasks;
  • etc.

Equipment to be used in this kind of training and drill project is as follows:
  • light arms, quantity 500 units;
  • ammunition, quantity 27 million units per year;
  • infantry gear, including wests and gap, quantity 500 units per 6 months;
  • water and food, quantity around 216 thousand tons of food and 900 tons of water with variations due to weather;
  • fuel, 432 tons per year for vehicles, and 72 tons per year for other purposes;
  • transportation vehicles, 20 per regiment per year;
  • infantry armored vehicles, 20 per regiment per year;
  • tools and workshop for vehicles;

Starting with the location of the first of many encampments, I am to inform you that I have already taken steps to insure the upgrading of some of my own encampments with the 5th "Iron" Infantry Division.
The first site is encampment "Wessex" which is appointed for mining the minerals and raw materials, training compound for engineers and mining and demining experts as well as a site for testing the abilities of the drivers of the armored infantry vehicles. Furthermore it is regarded as one of the biggest encampments in the Army.
Second location is encampment "Mercia" who's purpose is to serve as the base of operations, with constant changes of the number of trainees, due to the training program. It would have all of the necessary supportive type of units in regards of the beforementioned battalion from the 5h "Iron" Infantry Division.
And the third installment is the compound "Northumbria" which is the current landing ground, in use and projected for inbound and outbound of the aircrafts, spacecrafts, transports and any kind of shipments with destination addressed to Cambridge military installations.

Since the number of candidates is to be determined by several testing periods, which will lead up to drastic drop of number of candidates, It is my recommendation to enlist 3 times more of the required number. There will be a pre entrance check up which will consist of medical exam, psychological assessment, general knowledge and physical abilities test. Upon completion a list of candidates will be formed based on their performance, and only the top brass will enter the drill. Taking into consideration that company consists of approximately 160 men, depending on the specialty, it will require 500 men to enlist.
This means an active recruitment and advertising must be conducted.

The training will consist out of three periods of time, totaling up to 12 months eg 1 year. The most important aspect of the regiment are covert operations. The first period of 3 months will include an entrance test, and the candidates that pass the entrance exam will be submitted then to the basic infantry drill which will last 3 months. The main subject will be as previously stated handling of the light arms, tactical operations and environmental orientation.
Concluding this in the first 3 months, after testing and evaluating them, an opportunity arises where they are to master operational level of planning and executing tasks while being in a unit within the rank of a squad in the next 6 months.
And finally after successfully completing the previous 9 months the candidates then move on to the final 3 months in which they will be educated and tested in strategical warfare, urban and wild guerilla, and the proper planning and executing operations.

The evaluation list will be conscripted at a later time, after a thorough assessment has been made with the test group.

Security details will be set in place upon end of the base construction and appointment the Commander of the Guard, who will in due time, form a team and security layers assessed on spot.

With fully trained men from the given Regiment, the Projects possible for execution are:
Project "Babunski", Project "Popovic", Project "Tankosic", Project "Golubic", Project "Apis" and Project "Black Hand", with more projects on the way, following the development of current Project "Terra".

Possible deployments are to be discussed privately with close consultations with air force, space force and land forces. Not able to disclose at the moment.

This would sum up everything of value for now, Sir. If I am needed for clarification, I am at your disposal. Until then, commander of the BAF and as a Captain of the Special Warfare Operations, SWO, 5th "Iron" Infantry Divison.

With all due respect,
Robert Dzeferson
Commander
Bretonian Armed Forces, SWO 5th Iron Division

RE: To: Commander Dzeferson, BAF - Gagadug. - 07-19-2023

- Message Class: Textual -

-= Strong Encryption =-

[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Priority: High
To: Commander Dzeferson [only]

Commander Dzeferson,

first, to get it off the table, you will have noticed that I have been relieved of the post of Admiral of the Fleet by decision of the Ministry of Defense. I will still handle this matter with the approval of the Admiralty Board, political decisions will not prevent me from keeping to serve the nation to my full ability.
To the matter, I see you have already meticulously planned the project, which reinforces my trust in your undertaking. Logistics and planning are key skills to make this kind of project a success.
I will send you a handful of officers from my staff to supervise the test stages of the program and as for the first to be trained after this phase, we will start setting up advertisements for volunteers within our ranks soon. I am certain there will be no shortage.
Your logistical needs have been forwarded to the research and training deparments, respectively. You will shortly get clearance for the training grounds and the equipment should not take all too long to arrive, either.
One thing though, while you are training on Cambridge you are to do exactly that, this is not a deployment. While I understand you are eager to put your concepts to the test, any engagement without my personal approvement will have consequences. Deploying a military force against our own citizens is off the table at the moment. Should a situation occur where you think I should change my mind on that you are free to discuss the matter with me. Your standing order is to train your forces and prepare to increase the scale of the program if successful, nothing more.
Once ready I will certainly find an opportunity to get your force its baptism of fire.

Admiral Sir Jacob McIntire