Discovery Gaming Community
»EXTRNL: Edinburgh's Gaian Militants - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: »EXTRNL: Edinburgh's Gaian Militants (/showthread.php?tid=198314)

»EXTRNL: Edinburgh's Gaian Militants - Imogen Jau - 08-15-2023

...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: Sentinel Gestalt
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: ABJQ5lb.png]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

Hail and hopefully well met to Gaia's defenders.

I am Sentinel Gestalt, speaking to you on behalf of the Directorate and Inner Phalanx of the Technocracy of Auxo. Our respective forces have, unfortunately, had several clashes in recent years, as well as some abortive attempts at diplomatic overture in the same timeframe. I admit that I don't know who specifically this message will reach, or even if you have anyone available to answer the phone right now. Regardless, I remain hopeful that we can take things further than was done in the past.

The Technocracy is no ad-hoc militia movement or band of two-bit terrorists, regardless of what the slave-driving hypercorp puppet-masters of Bretonia and Liberty or the amoral madmen in the Core and the Order try to paint us as. We are a fledgling nation, struggling to find a place for our people. We are soldiers, refugees, businessmen, and most of all, scientists, all of us bound by the common belief that life is sacred and is worth preserving, and that the mysteries of nature's beauty ought to be either for every Sirian or for no one. In terms of this fundamental belief, the Technocracy is far more like the Gaian Movement and the Green Front than it is different.

As a Leedswoman myself, I know all too well the dangers posed by unchecked expansionism in pursuit of shortsighted goals. I also know the far worse threat of unchecked militaristic savagery. The Technocracy wishes to avoid the tragedies that today's bloated Bretonian dystopia predicates its very survival on. As we're sure you're aware, we've been settling a planet in Inverness. It's a slow process, not just due to the unsurety of materials but also out of conscious and measured caution. We're not reaching out just to bury the hatchet with you—we're reaching out to plead for your help in accomplishing our mutual goals.

Values are well and good, but when it comes to ecology, farming, and urban design, Auxo lacks the raw knowledge. We want your help in surveying Planet Elgin and drafting a plan to continue our settlement in a way that interferes minimally with the environment, preserving its harsh natural beauty and the habitat it provides for the microorganisms that have lived here since time immemorial. Every form of life, to us, has immeasurable intrinsic moral worth, to say nothing of any potential scientific value. They're all worth preserving just as much as our own people are.

It's our hope that you agree, and that this can be the start of a relationship which eventually benefits everyone, not just our two peoples.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream

RE: »EXTRNL: Edinburgh's Gaian Militants - Imogen Jau - 08-27-2023

RE: »EXTRNL: Edinburgh's Gaian Militants - Imogen Jau - 09-09-2023

RE: »EXTRNL: Edinburgh's Gaian Militants - Sally - 09-11-2023

[Image: NgbxZ0O.png]
Data Stream Initiated
Sender: Helena Fischer.
Source Encryption: True.
Subject: About time.

Hello once again, Technocrats.
I've met before some of your patrols on Inverness, several months ago when I was onboard our flagship, certain Caliburn-class Destroyer.
It seems you encountered one of my men on patrol near Canaria a few days ago and you informed him about this... Interesting scheme your team is trying to get started on Elgin. I'm glad you met him, else I doubt we would've checked this transmission, that would've been unfortunate for all of us.

Now, I got a few concerns regarding this project, but that's expected, right? We can discuss how urgent and wise such project really is, and we can reach a common ground, if you manage to convince me after I make you a few questions, that is... If me and my crew agree to assist you, rest assured, we will provide whatever resources we can, as well as a local team that will assist in deploying a facility on ground properly, without disturbing the environment or putting your settlers in danger... But I don't want to make promises before we clarify this plan further.

We could discuss this over comms, but I'd rather we get this addressed on a more secured line or better yet, in person, somewhere near Inverness, preferably Freeport-14 since we're on the area.

I'll be waiting your response, Sentinel.

RE: »EXTRNL: Edinburgh's Gaian Militants - Imogen Jau - 09-11-2023

...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: Sentinel Gestalt
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: ABJQ5lb.png]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

Ms. Fischer, it's a pleasure to hear a response.

I can meet you around Freeport 14 any time within the next week or so. After that period, I anticipate I'll be indisposed for some time, though others could likely take the helm in my stead. I'm eager to discuss prospects with you, and I'll probably be available in space none-too irregularly. As for the feasibility, just know that Auxo is fully committed to expanding our settlement on Elgin come hell or high water, as I told your man near Canaria recently, and while it's unfortunate that we have to risk the disruption to the native ecology, minimizing our impact as far as possible is something we take quite seriously.

I hope that we can come to an agreement soon. Thank you for your time; I pray this bears fruit.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream

RE: »EXTRNL: Edinburgh's Gaian Militants - TheSauron - 09-12-2023

Incoming Transmission

[Image: CrdL0JT.jpg]

To: You people
Encryption: Not particularly
Subject: No

No.

Nomad thralls need not apply. We have no mutual goals. The only thing you and your masters can expect from us is a gun to the head.

Fischer, you are not talking to a human here. Keep your people away from them, unless you'd like to end up glowing purple in the dark. Even if that wasn't a risk, this pathetic excuse of an olive branch does nothing to make up for what they've done in the past.

Don't give the men in black a reason.

Without regards,
Flora

Transmission Over