Discovery Gaming Community
<LSS> - Recruitment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: <LSS> - Recruitment (/showthread.php?tid=198675)

<LSS> - Recruitment - Lone Star Scrappers - 09-17-2023

[Image: LSS_Logo_w_text.png]

[Image: LSS_Logo_Banner.png]
About

The Lone Star Scrappers were founded out of the ruins of the Beaumont Spire base in Texas. The Spire was formerly owned and operated by the Junker Marauders, a particularly vicious brand of Junkers operating out of Liberty. When a small group of Junkers took over the bases operation after the Marauders had moved on, the station was in a dire state of disrepair. The small group worked tirelessly to get the station back to an operational tempo, including creating refineries for the scrap that surrounded the station. Following the restoration of the Spire (and the Razor's Edge Pub), the group of Junkers realized that they had similar goals and decided to form an organization instead of going their separate ways. Thus, the Lone Star Scrappers was formed.

LSS is lead by a young woman known as Frostbyte to her inner circle. Before forming the Lone Star Scrappers, she organized and lead an unincorperated group of smugglers that regularly brought cargo to those in need whether they be through blockades, contraband, or both. She utilizes her skill in smuggling routes to aid her people in runs through space where certain cargo would be frowned upon or get you shot. Also, being raised as a Junker herself, she has skill in scrapping and engineering items with that respectable Junker charm.

While they are often only rumored to be smugglers outside of their scrapping business, piracy within the organization is rarely seen. While LSS are not above pirating those who have items they covet, they are not often seen doing so even outside of House space.

In addition to scrapping, smuggling, and the odd piracy run, the Scrappers are also known to restore vessels to patrons if requested, offering a good deal for those looking to restore a favored ship or found derelict in the many ship graveyards found throughout Sirius space.

Whether you're looking for scrap, station maintenance materials, Cardamine, or a restored ship, Lone Star Scrappers has it on offer. Reach out today!

Joining

If you're interested in joinin' then fill out the document below:

Code:
[pi amount=10][align=center][table][td][img=400x400]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1152995757893353622/1153001039679729764/LSS_Logo_w_text.png[/img][/td][/table]

[hr]

[indent][indent][float=left][table][td][img=250x250]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1110428803882295306/1112199403567054868/Frostbyte.png[/img][/td][/table][/float]

[float=right][table][td][font=courier prime][b]From:[/b] [color=cyan]<NAME HERE>[/color][/font][/td][/table]

[table][td][font=courier prime][b]To:[/b] [color=cyan]<NAME HERE>[/color][/font][/td][/table]

[table][td][font=courier prime][b]Subject:[/b] [color=cyan]Junkin' Request[/color][/font][/td][/table]

[table][td][font=courier prime][b]Encryption:[/b] [color=cyan]Stable[/color][/font][/td][/table][/float][/indent][/indent]

[hr]

[table][td][color=#FFFFFF][font=Overpass][indent][indent]<YOUR CHARACTER INFO HERE>[/indent][/indent][/font][/color][/td][/table]

[hr]

[table][td][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1152995757893353622/1153005283757531219/LSS_Logo_Banner.png[/img]
[u][font=Courier Prime][size=15][color=#FFFFFF]OOC Info[/color][/size][/font][/u]
[hr]

[color=#FFFFFF][font=Overpass][indent][indent][b]Rate your RP on a scale of 1-10 [i](this does not disqualify you for membership)[/i]:[/b]
[color=#0080BF](YOUR INFO HERE)[/color]
[b]Rate your combat skill on a scale of 1-10 [i](this does not disqualify you for membership)[/i]:[/b]
[b]Do you understand that LSS is a quasi-lawful faction? Meaning that we smuggle and pirate as well as participate in lawful activities such as scrapping? That we must do our best to not be caught smuggling cargo by lawful entities such as Police or Military factions? That we [u]do not pirate in house space?[/u]:[/b]
[b]Do you agree to follow all rules of the server and understand that any extraneous rule breaking will result in termination of membership?:[/b]
[b]And the most important question of all. Do you agree to have fun?:[/b]
[color=#0080BF](YOUR INFO HERE)[/color][/indent][/indent][/font][/color][/td][/table]

[/align][/pi]

RE: <LSS> - Recruitment - Xenon - 09-28-2023

[Image: JJQpsYG.png]

To: Lone Star Scrappers

Subject: Recruitment Request

Encryption: Stable

Since a young age, I was always connected strongly to my father who worked at Viquies shipyard in the Puerto Rico system for years. I was always with him because he was my everything since my mother passed away when I was 11 years old. My mother died in an attack by a small Xenos terrorist force which attacked her vessel with no notice or warning and killed her at the Texas system, near the Negra Nebula.

Since that time, My dad didn't want to leave me for a moment, so I was helping him at work and learned a big deal about Junker's work. I was told that I was talented at a young age because I was shaping useful tools from scrap and learned a big deal about smelting and manifold crafting. I am here to offer my service as a member of the Lone Star Scrappers. My dad passed away 2 years ago so I am alone, and I think that I have to occupy my time with work so I can forget the grief that is surrounding my life at the moment.

I am ready to work and do my best to serve the Lone Star Scrappers.
Thank you for checking my application.

OOC Info

Rate your RP on a scale of 1-10 (this does not disqualify you for membership):
It is hard to rate myself since the rate should be by others, but you can say, I am 5/10
Rate your combat skill on a scale of 1-10 (this does not disqualify you for membership):
My combat skill can be 5/10
Do you understand that LSS is a quasi-lawful faction? Meaning that we smuggle and pirate as well as participate in lawful activities such as scrapping? We must do our best to not be caught smuggling cargo by lawful entities such as Police or Military factions. That we do not pirate in-house space?:
I understand.
Do you agree to follow all rules of the server and understand that any extraneous rule-breaking will result in termination of membership?:
I agree to follow all rules of the server.
And the most important question of all. Do you agree to have fun?:
Indeed! Let us have fun!

RE: <LSS> - Recruitment - Lone Star Scrappers - 09-28-2023

... activating transceiver
Logging you in, hang on a second will ya?!
User Frostbyte has logged in.
... Passing Public Key to recipient
... input message below:

[Image: Frostbyte.png]

To: Giorgina Meloni

Subject: RE: Recruitment Request

Encryption: SHA-mbles

Ms. Meloni,

Sorry for the delay. I've been busy out in the fields with this whole panic about the Premium Scrap fields being depleted after all these years. Panic buying and other Junkers trying to pick the meat off the bones completely as it were. If one thing my father always drilled into my head as a Junker, it's best to get in while the gettin's good.

Anyway, we've reviewed your history and have decided to offer you a position. Think you're up to scrappin' with some of the best? Welcome aboard.

--Frostbyte

... preparing to send message
... checking for spelling mistakes
You can't see it, but I'm giving you a thumbs up!
... priming primary buffer
... Message sent!
... User Frostbyte has logged out

RE: <LSS> - Recruitment - Demonic - 10-01-2023

[Image: uwiK0FW.png]

To: Lone Star Scrappers

Subject: Join Request

Encryption: Stable

Oh, hi there! The name's Kate, well... some call me Calamity Kate though I'm not rightly sure why... and I'd like to join. You seem to have a lot of fun stuff to play around with, with all the scrap you get. I used to have a lot of stuff to tinker with too, but then they didn't want me on Pittsburg no more. Never told me why too! Can you imagine? I repaired their junk, built their tech from scrap, took payments in broken tech if they couldn't get the creds... and they kicked me out? I mean... sure, some of my inventions failed... well... blew up, but hey, fireworks are fun no? And...

*kate gets distracted by some sparks behind her* "Oh... no, no, no, no, why ? The fuse should be fine for at least another week!" *she rushes offscreen, only to almost immediately appear again, her back facing the camera while she's making a hasty - and somewhat unorthodox - repair to a strange device on the bulkhead. She quickly finishes the repairs, turnes back to the camera and wipes some grease of her chin.*

Where was I? Oh right, will you let me join? I need new tech to play with and I know how to spot good parts in the heaps of trash! And I promise I try not to blow anything up!

OOC Info

Rate your RP on a scale of 1-10 (this does not disqualify you for membership):
Hard to say, it's tough to rate yourself, but I'd give myself an 8.
Rate your combat skill on a scale of 1-10 (this does not disqualify you for membership):
Uh... is zero a thing? No, seriously, I'm a roleplayer and trader / miner. I know the basics so am probably not zero... though most likely 2 or 3 at best.
Do you understand that LSS is a quasi-lawful faction? Meaning that we smuggle and pirate as well as participate in lawful activities such as scrapping? That we must do our best to not be caught smuggling cargo by lawful entities such as Police or Military factions? That we do not pirate in house space?:
Yea sure. That's why I want to join. You got nice mix of all the fun stuff
Do you agree to follow all rules of the server and understand that any extraneous rule breaking will result in termination of membership?:
Sure thing boss.
And the most important question of all. Do you agree to have fun?:
Sure do.

RE: <LSS> - Recruitment - Lone Star Scrappers - 10-01-2023

... activating transceiver
Logging you in, hang on a second will ya?!
User Erebos has logged in.
... Passing Public Key to recipient
... input message below:

[Image: ErebosComm.png]

To: Katherine "Calamity Kate" Lopez

Subject: RE: Join Request

Encryption: I don't even know what this means

Aight, first of all, that name is a mouthful. I'm just gonna call you CK, ya dig?

Secondly, nothing tickles my funny bone like a tinkerer tryin' to blow themselves up! Hah! The forefront of science and all that, right? Can't make an omelette without breakin' a few eggs and all that?

Welcome 'board. Be sure to log into our system //Discord to get all your credentials and what not in order. Be seein' ya!

--Erebos
Your Junker Wanna-be Overlord

... preparing to send message
... checking for spelling mistakes
Erebos, pay your damn bar tab!
... priming primary buffer
... Message sent!
... User Erebos has logged out