Discovery Gaming Community
Fire and Fortune - Patch Status Update - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Fire and Fortune - Patch Status Update (/showthread.php?tid=198857)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Fire and Fortune - Patch Status Update - Haste - 09-29-2023

Fire and Fortune - Patch Status Update

Unfortunately, the volume of work remaining for the patch has proven impossible to complete in time for the planned release date for today, particularly where last-minute bugfixing and polish is concerned. For transparency's sake, there has been a lot of debate among the team as to whether we should release today and try and hotfix as many of these issues as possible, or whether another delay is the best course of action, and we've come to the conclusion that another (much shorter!) delay is the lesser of two evils.

Much like the first delay, this is not a decision that was taken lightly. The team has been working overtime to prepare the patch for launch, but given the sheer scale of the update and the breadth of brand new features we're looking to introduce into the game, it's become increasingly clear that this is a patch unlike any other. New and impressive features come with new and impressive bugs, however, and we cannot release the update in its current state in light of a few last glitches that have recently been discovered.

The new release date is firmly locked-in on October 6th at 19:00 UTC, exactly one week from today. Again, we can't thank you enough for your patience and support, and we only hope the update we have in store proves to be worth the wait.

RE: Fire and Fortune - Patch Status Update - TheKusari - 09-29-2023

That's fair. I'd say to extend this by another week to give you guys more time so you don't have to delay it again, but that's just me.

RE: Fire and Fortune - Patch Status Update - Chronicron - 09-29-2023

You know, I was expecting it to be December 1st. Ah well. At least you're working on fixing most of it.

RE: Fire and Fortune - Patch Status Update - Redcroft - 09-29-2023

[Image: IT-09695r-HP.jpg]

RE: Fire and Fortune - Patch Status Update - Couden - 09-29-2023

so a new date of patch we'll see at 6th of october

RE: Fire and Fortune - Patch Status Update - Redcroft - 09-29-2023

(09-29-2023, 09:36 PM)Redcroft Wrote:
[Image: IT-09695r-HP.jpg]

Just a joke take all the time you guys need we wait it out!

RE: Fire and Fortune - Patch Status Update - Megaera - 09-29-2023

In all seriousness, you should stop giving deadlines you can't manage. You failed to meet them twice now. Is it really smart to set another time 'firmly locked-in' on such a short notice?

Just say there is delay and keep it at that. You are now just shooting yourself in the foot repeatedly.

RE: Fire and Fortune - Patch Status Update - ViciousJeff - 09-29-2023

Keep at it! Looking forward to trying out the finished product that so many have put great energy into!
Kudos for publishing the Dev Diaries - it's been nice to discover and anticipate gradually rather than one big novel Smile

RE: Fire and Fortune - Patch Status Update - Charo - 09-29-2023

[Image: kRdjyG6.png]

RE: Fire and Fortune - Patch Status Update - Lachtraube - 09-29-2023

First of all, all you do is great and i am thankfull that ypu all invest your time in this mod. But you aint doing yourselfe a favor by setting deadlines. For the next time i suggest finishing the patch first and then tell the community "hey, here is new patch. Its live in 4 weeks". You dont set yourselfe a deadline so you dont need to rush things and ppl cant get mad for delaying the patch. But thats my oppinion and just a suggestion for next time.