Discovery Gaming Community
--> Deterrence from Omega Research Institute - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: --> Deterrence from Omega Research Institute (/showthread.php?tid=198895)

--> Deterrence from Omega Research Institute - -Revenant- - 10-02-2023

*****Incoming Transmission*****

To: Deterrence
Subject:Omega Research Institute

Greetings,

I am Eric Stiffler, the administrator of the Omega Research Institute. It has come to my attention that one of your esteemed members has discovered our base in the Omega 3 system. I am curious to know more about your intentions and how we may be of assistance to you.

Eric Stiffler
Administrator Omega Research Institute

*****End of Transmission*****

RE: --> Deterrence from Omega Research Institute - Multaan - 10-05-2023

Point of View
Commander Multannus Cerratus

Multannus sips at his morning coffee as he peruses the stack of comms and reports that litter his desk. He notices one such communication isn't from the usual sources. Interested he pulls out the data tablet and looks at the report.

"There's a research station in Omega-3 and this is the first I've heard of it? I need to know more information before I take action."

Placing the tablet containing the communication to one side he immediately pens up an order.

"Episminagos, I need scouts to check out Omega-3. There's a research station out there and I need more information before I contact them. Get a report on my desk ASAP!"

Sighing, Multannus hopes that someone gets him that report before he has to communicate with this unknown "research station" blind.

RE: --> Deterrence from Omega Research Institute - Multaan - 10-06-2023

[Image: 6eYifrM.png]

Sender ID
Recipient
Eric Stiffler

Eric Stiffler,

You and yours appear to have built a research station in a precarious location. What with Bretonians laying claim to the Freeport's space, Red Hessians roaming around free as can be and Coalition a mere hop, skip and a jump away. I notice in my reports that your installation has a distinct lack of defenses, which could impact on its immediate survivability.

Very fragile things, are deep space installations.

Us Corsairs are not mere barbarians, however. In the interests of diplomacy, we wish to negotiate a pact for your continued success and survival.
In exchange for a mere 50,000,000SC per month and Docking/Repair rights at your installation, we are willing to agree to come to your defense against any of our enemies that threaten your right to be floating around in our space.

In addition, I notice that you are listed as a Research Institute. This peaks my curiosity.
If any of your research is of great interest to the Corsairs, then we may be willing to discuss some changes to the above offer.

Multaanus Cerratus, out.

Dedicated, Tenacious, Regal - Gia the doxa ths 'Imperio del Corsario'

[Image: 5RDPUdc.png]

The report which Multannus refers to: https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=190680&pid=2305430#pid2305430
Edit: Removed erroneous spoiler left from original BBCode Quote.

RE: --> Deterrence from Omega Research Institute - -Revenant- - 10-06-2023

*****Incoming Transmission*****

To: Deterrence
Subject:Omega Research Institute

Dear Multannus Cerratus,

I hope this message finds you well. I must confirm that it currently lacks adequate defenses. Please understand that our intentions are not to pose a threat to you or any other organizations. We are solely a research facility.

I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to have a face-to-face meeting with your esteemed high command to discuss this matter further. It is my belief that discussing this in person would be more secure, as communication channels can potentially be intercepted by unauthorized parties.

Furthermore, I must emphasize that our base is not yet fully operational, and 50 million credits we can't afford right now since we are not operational. Therefore, I kindly propose that we explore alternative arrangements that would be mutually beneficial.

Thank you for your understanding, and I eagerly await your response.

Sincerely.

Eric Stiffler
Administrator Omega Research Institute

***** End of Transmission*****