Discovery Gaming Community
Retirement. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Retirement. (/showthread.php?tid=199247)

Retirement. - Lord Caedus - 10-10-2023

TO: Command, Liberty Navy First Fleet.
From: VADM Michael Morse, Norfolk Navy Yard, New York System.
SUBJ: Retirement.

Admirals,
Since I moved to the reserve fleet many years ago to assist with the design and construction of new warships I've been what could only be called out of touch with those of you in
the first fleet. In that time the Navy has moved on, and I am no longer able to move on with it. Having reached the end of a long career, I can look back on it now with pride, and
only a little regret. But, my time is long passed now, and it's important for the new generation of officers to take their first steps into the limelight. With that said, I believe that I've found and mentored a young officer that was assigned to me, to be the kind of officer that the first fleet is clamoring for. I'll be forwarding his records to you along with this message, in hopes that you can help him flourish into the officer I know he can be when he's no longer working in my shadow. With that last piece said, I now formally announce
my retirement, effective immediately upon receipt of this message.

Safe Flying,
Vice Admiral Michael Morse.

ATCH: PERSONNEL RECORD LTC JACK BOEHM, LIBERTY NAVY RESERVE FLEET.

RE: Retirement. - Apollon - 10-10-2023

[Image: M4fLK1T.png]

Incoming Transmission
Liberty Navy
First Fleet Admiralty Board

Admiral Natalie A. Reaser

Dear admiral Morse,

We had hoped for the day when we would hear from you, but it was our wish it would not be with news of your retirement. The Navy always values individuals like you, with your unwavering reliability and unmatched expertise. I understand, however, so I'll also be honest. After the war, I cherished my return home to Bretonia, looking forward to a much-needed break from the burden of overseeing every little detail.

Well, that was until the top brass called me back to help with the reformations, not that I mind. mind you. When you've served this long, this Navy life becomes your whole world. But alas, you have fulfilled your duty, and the Navy, particularly the First Fleet, will forever be grateful for your exemplary service, Admiral.

I have full confidence in LTC Boehm, now CDR Boehm, to carry on your legacy in the First Fleet. I have thoroughly reviewed his record, and he is undeniably a talented and committed officer. Being your trainee, he has big shoes to fill, but I am certain he will make you proud.

I wish you all the best in your retirement. I know that you will continue to do great things, and I wish you all the best in this next chapter of your life. On behalf of the Navy, I thank you for your service.

Thank you,

Natalie A. Reaser
ADM, 1FLT
Liberty Navy

Important: This communication remains the property of the Libertonian Armed Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807 A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.