Discovery Gaming Community
To: Zurich Accord | From: MRI - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Zurich Accord | From: MRI (/showthread.php?tid=199776)

To: Zurich Accord | From: MRI - MacRory's Irregulars - 10-22-2023

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

[Image: lUDOTEG.png]
[Image: O85Djka.png]

To: Zurich Accord
Point of origin: New London
Subject: Introductions
Encrpytion key: u8m#de?w

Greetings, friends,

one of our members informed me about her encounter with your people in Orleanais and mentioned I should get in touch. Well I'm getting in touch. I'm not exactly clear about what (if anything) Sheena negotiated with you, but we're always looking for more business. If you need things not readily available to you in gallia, I'm sure we can negotiate some mutualy beneficial deal.

Oh, before I forget, would you be willing to send a bit of information about Gallia our way? Our base of operations is on New London, so our information about your house are well... a bit behind the curve. I'm particularly interested in the so-called "royalists". Apparently, our crew had to evade their pilot twice on the same run, when transporting cargo through the Tau regions. How much should we be aware of them?

Fly safe.
MacRory out.

TRANSMISSION CLOSED

RE: To: Zurich Accord | From: MRI - Pinko - 10-23-2023

To: MacRory, of MacRory's Irregulars
Subject: Re: Introductions

Monsieur,

It is a pleasure to hear back from you. Though many of our House would rather trust the centuries of service that EFL or IDF shipping have provided, we of the Zurich Accord know of the importance of the smaller fries that often fall between the cracks. Not that I wish to offend you, au contraire, the professionalism of your pilot is what convinced me that your Irregulars are worth being in contact with. At first, I was confused, I must confess. I believed you were a militia of some sort! But yes, indeed, many markets are closed to the Gallic Union, and even our fine diplomats here at the Accord have limited access to resources such as, say, Gold.

Unfortunately, we are currently recovering from a massive effort against increased Outcast activity in the Tau, and as such have no current need for your services, nor do we currently have any large plans in mind just yet - but trust me, it is very likely that we may call upon you soon enough.

However, the least I can do for now is inform you about the Royalist Enclaves, a dying breed if I say so myself, yet it is when the animal is sick and cornered that it is at its most dangerous. We only know that their fleet, whatever is left of it, is drifting and roaming, seemingly within recluse systems such as Edinburgh or Baffin, but elements of the enclave strike as deep as Ile-De-France or New London, occasionally.

You will find two kinds of Royalist enclaves: those that are fanatics, believing that they are the spear of the DeFrance, and those that are coerced, perhaps because one of their loved ones is a fanatic, or they simply are too deep into the spiral to surrender themselves. Remember, there was a grace period granted to all Royalists to return to Gallia without punishment when the Union was formed, as long as they gave up any claims they may have, and so whomever is left since will be merciless, or have nothing left to lose. Do not hesitate, for they did not when they struck Leeds.

On this note I shall leave you, hoping of prosperity and future cooperation.

Yours truly,

Camus

RE: To: Zurich Accord | From: MRI - MacRory's Irregulars - 10-23-2023

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

To: Camus of Zurich Accord
Subject: Introductions

Greetings, sir,

I see how our name might be a bit deceptive. It would be much better fit for a militia of some kind, right? To be honest I'm not sure why we picked it in the first place but it somehow stuck.

Anyway, thanks for the information about the royalists, I'll add them to our "avoid at any cost" list. If you need some information from our part of sirius (Bretonia mostly), we'd be happy to provide it, and of course, should you ever need something delivered, you can give us a call.

Fly safe.
MacRory out.

TRANSMISSION CLOSED

RE: To: Zurich Accord | From: MRI - MacRory's Irregulars - 11-08-2023

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

Subject: Information request

Greetings, Camus,

Do you think I could pry a bit more information out of you? Nothing serious, it's just that I found an ex-Council member's application to our little group in my inbox. Would you be willing to share a few bit's of information about that group? I have only a very vague information about them, and while the person claims to be a just a former transport pilot for them, I'd prefer to know what exactly they were part of before I decide.

Fly safe.
MacRory out.

TRANSMISSION CLOSED

RE: To: Zurich Accord | From: MRI - Pinko - 11-08-2023

To: Coordinator Lachlan MacRory of the Irregulars
Subject: Re: Information request

Coordinator MacRory,

A pleasure to hear from you once more. I have seen your Irregulars hard at work, and they seem to be a reliable bunch, which only makes me glad to answer your question so you know who, or what, you are dealing with. Of course, information is a service, and I believe that any service has a price. This time, I will let you choose how to pay back the favor. If you wish for it to be in credits, simply transfer a sum you find appropriate to AdZ)Gateau. Otherwise, we can discuss of such matters over coffee some other time.

I hope you are ready for a little crash course in Gallic History. If not, simply read my summary below.

The Council has more or less always existed in one way or another after the First Gallic War, ragtag groups of vaguely affiliated anti-royalists that was unhappy with the statue quo. Though many different organizations over time allied themselves to them over the ages, it was the open rebellion on Marnes in 710 AGS (794 GS) that was a catalyst for the Council to act in the open, assembling nearly all of the other resistance groups under its military umbrella, with the exception of the Maquis.

The Council was not unanimously popular among the revolutionists, but they had the most political clout, the most experienced military leadership, and had the love of the people on their side. They were one of the few groups to actually offer Royalists the opportunity to surrender and join them, rather than summary execution, during the worst of the Second Gallic War. A courtesy that their allies the Maquis did not extend to Royalist parties, or even captured civilians found to be working for the King, so you can be reassured that your man is most likely not a war criminal on the run if he was but a simple Councilman.

Unfortunately, the Council was still but a small military force, and was surrounded and nearly crushed, leading to a final desperate assault of their military campaign: throw the bulk of their entire forces against that of the King to breach into Sirius in the hopes of finding allies to help them remove the Royalists from power. The assault somehow caught the Royalists off-guard,leading to the events known as the 'RĂ©union'. This only partially worked, as it turned the Royalists' attention to Kusari and Bretonia.

With the bulk of their Capital fleet decimated, yet with the threat of imminent defeat removed, the Council shifted to guerilla tactics rather than a standing military as it once attempted to be, striking military targets, capturing Royalist vessels, the usual fare for such groups. Things would remain such until he glassing of Leeds. The massive defections led to an imbalance of power, the Royalists unable to keep control of Gallia after such a massacre.

Whatever element still loyal to the Royal family simply moved away in one massive fleet known as the Enclave, while the Council shifted from revolutionary movement to a proper government, the Confederation of Gallia. This should be the end of this story, except that the invasion of Kusari led to the formation of the Gallic Union, as well as granting pardon to any Royalist that desired to rejoin their Homeland, an event I have last mentioned in our discussion of the Royalists.

This has caused quite the split among former Council pilots. Some saw this as a necessary evil, requiring the military experience of the royalists to soundly defeat the Kusari, while it led other former members of the Council to become Antiroyalist radicals, joining the ranks of the Maquis, hunting down former royalists to 'give them the end they deserve'.

In summary, if your applicant indeed is a former transport pilot for the Council, it likely means they have experience blockade running and working in a 'high stress environment'. Alternatively, they may be one of the more antiroyalist element simply trying to make a living away from Gallia.

I hope you appreciate this small lesson in Gallic History.

Yours truly,

Camus

RE: To: Zurich Accord | From: MRI - MacRory's Irregulars - 11-09-2023

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

Subject: Information request

Greetings, Camus,

I have to admit this was a bit more comprehensive then I expected, but I certainly welcome the lesson. *He chuckles* It's always a good idea to know more about the places where you conduct your business, so please accept my thanks and a small token of my appreciation sent to your account. Your information deffinitely gave me the context I needed to properly consider the application.

Untill next time.

Fly safe,
MacRory out.

TRANSMISSION CLOSED