Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery Trailer on YouTube Now! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Discovery Trailer on YouTube Now! (/showthread.php?tid=199887)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Discovery Trailer on YouTube Now! - Avalanche - 10-24-2023

New Discovery Freelancer YouTube channel created by the development team has just gone live and the trailer has been polished and uploaded too!

Give it a Like and Subscribe to help the algorithm! Thank you all for your help!

- - -

So here it is, the mostly finished draft 3 of a new trailer for Discovery Freelancer.

Please give any comments pointing out poor edits or other important improvements.

Kudos to Jammi for the help with the script & Croat for the first person combat footage (his YouTube channel) as well as everyone who gave feedback and guidance throughout.

I'll make it polished later and aim to go live soon. Hopefully will beat the last Discovery trailer which got almost 20k views!

This is one phase of a multi phase plan to get more players to Discovery. Some more exciting news coming soon!

RE: Discovery Trailer on YouTube Now! - jammi - 10-24-2023

Excellent work! Really looking forward to seeing this finished and out there in the wild. We're going to have to think of some ways to get more eyes on it.

RE: Discovery Trailer on YouTube Now! - Chenzo- - 10-24-2023

I really enjoyed watching that, there's lots missing in the plot line.... but still really good!

Kudos.

Edit: What was Bretonia left out?

RE: Discovery Trailer on YouTube Now! - SnakThree - 10-24-2023

The showcase of ships, starting at 2:05. 4 ships of those (Starflier, Gull, Albatross, Crane) were from Vanilla and doesn't showcase the beauty that could be relayed with different house ships of different classes.

RE: Discovery Trailer on YouTube Now! - jammi - 10-24-2023

(10-24-2023, 06:40 PM)Chenzo- Wrote: I really enjoyed watching that, there's lots missing in the plot line.... but still really good!

Kudos.

This is designed to be a general pitch trailer, but I'd like to do a narrative trailer at some point that covers those big headline arcs Discovery has implemented over recent years.

On the ship variety, I suppose showing off House 5ks would add a lot of mod specific identity to the clip. Using the Starflea is a nice thread of continuity back to the vanilla game though, plus it's cute.

RE: Discovery Trailer on YouTube Now! - Antonio - 10-24-2023

Amazing work once again, keep it up. As jammi pointed out, now comes just as important part of advertising it around. Youtube, Moddb, Starport, etc. are all platforms that can attract fresh blood.

RE: Discovery Trailer on YouTube Now! - Traxit - 10-24-2023

(10-24-2023, 06:43 PM)SnakThree Wrote: The showcase of ships, starting at 2:05. 4 ships of those (Starflier, Gull, Albatross, Crane) were from Vanilla and doesn't showcase the beauty that could be relayed with different house ships of different classes.

RE: Discovery Trailer on YouTube Now! - Vulkhard Muller - 10-24-2023

This a brilliant, I can't wait to start sharing this all over the internet (I won't yet as I assume it isn't technically finished)

RE: Discovery Trailer on YouTube Now! - TheSauron - 10-24-2023

(10-24-2023, 07:08 PM)Traxit Wrote:
(10-24-2023, 06:43 PM)SnakThree Wrote: The showcase of ships, starting at 2:05. 4 ships of those (Starflier, Gull, Albatross, Crane) were from Vanilla and doesn't showcase the beauty that could be relayed with different house ships of different classes.

Can't emphasize this enough. Additionally, the mentions of light fighters/transports/dreadnoughts should be accompanied by shots of those exact ships. Other than that, the trailer is nice, but this is not the kind of trailer that fills the role of, well, a "wow!" type of trailer. It's a features overview rather than an interesting hook.

It also really needs to do more showing and less talking when it comes to features. Show a PoB deployment and use, show mining with proper UI, that kinda stuff. The shots are nice but many are ultimately eye candy unrelated to the AI voiceover, which itself ends up a little grating by the end of the trailer.

RE: Discovery Trailer on YouTube Now! - Jayenbee - 10-24-2023

I find the use of one of Pedro Camacho's Star Citizen soundtracks both questionable and humorous.