Discovery Gaming Community
Trading Head Start? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Trading Head Start? (/showthread.php?tid=19997)

Pages: 1 2

Trading Head Start? - Mrdash - 05-01-2009

Well I've got 800k cash and a Rhino. And was wondering if anyone could give me a tip on where to get a better Freighter, and whats a good item (and where) to start trading it.

Also should I just start exploring all over to have all the places unlocked or what?

Any tips would be very helpfull XD

Trading Head Start? - Thexare - 05-01-2009

You're not gonna be able to afford many larger freighters for a while, most are 2m.

The Taiidan Freighter, or Garanchou to use its new name, is the exception - 210k. Sold on Fujisawa in Okinawa, has 340 cargo. Might be worth the upgrade.

And yeah, exploring will help immensely with finding new routes.

Trading Head Start? - Iucifier - 05-01-2009

//ooc Sorry, not sure what part of these forums are RP. As to the OP question, If your in that ship and are close to your first mill. I'd suggest you look for the Humpback

I use the wiki always when I am lost or these forums, its a little outta dated because of the latest server update

IMG|Zen[T]

Trading Head Start? - Birdtalon - 05-01-2009

Well, If you want to head down the lawful trader route, I used this run alot; the only problem is one major part is smuggling

Planet Erie (buy neon) --> Aomori Station (sell neon) (buy H-fuel) <SMUGGLING> --> Planet New London (sell H-fuel) (Buy Mining tech) ---> Cardiff Mining station (sell mining tech) (buy berrylium) ---> Planet Erie (sell berrylium)

Loop as much as you want.

As for ships;

Camara Freighter has around 600 cargo space i think for 1.9 mil

Liberty Mammoth - 2200 cargo space - 10 Mil

Firefly - 3500 Cargo Space - 36 mil

Any other questions? dont hesitate to pm me

Trading Head Start? - JakeSG - 05-02-2009

Camara on Planet Pittsburgh is a great freighter to start you off.

Trading Head Start? - Mrdash - 05-02-2009

I'll probably get one then. Way too hard trying to trade through certain areas with a rhino lol. Especialy when 2 lvl 3 Xenos can take out my shield in no time.

And Birdtalon, I'll make sure I get a hold of you when I have a question. And as soon as I get my new ship I'll try out that Trade Route.

And about Smuggling, The character that will be doing my trading (Tony_Fletcher) is a guy who will trade just about anything for a profit. Takes (almost) no sides in battles/factions. And can still be persuaded easily enough with enough Credits XD

lol hows that go for RP? I could get used to this, its fun XD Now to go create a history for my Main Character.

Trading Head Start? - fenix - 05-02-2009

My first ship after Rhino was Rheinland Armored Transport, around 600 cargo (I bought normal armored transport but his steering was bugged, dunno if they reparied it). After making about 7-8 mil I found fantastic ship, Bumblebee, very cheap (for around 7 mil., you can find it on planet Kyushu) it has 1800 cargo. Don' spend to much money on weapons because you are still to weak to fight any pirate. After Bumblebee i bought Percheron, Bretorian freighter with 2600 cargo and decent fire power (try Leeds if you are intrested). Now I am flying Border World Transport (3600 cargo and excelent for defending against piracy)

About trade routes I aint gonna tell you my trade route...I'll give you my first trade route,

manhattan --- neon---> planet Kyushu

and back

shinjuku station (New Tokyo) --- quantum ---> Norfolk (New York)

You need to discover a trade route that is best for you and that fits your character roleplay. I created a Zoner character and my trade route includes a lot of Zoners bases, such as Freeports and Gran Canaria planet...

good luck

Trading Head Start? - MrHeadphones - 05-02-2009

Well, I'm not so sure about transports, but what I can show you is a few good trade routes. Check Xoria's spreadsheet here and see which one fits you best.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p35...0upJzghf8Lba9CA

Trading Head Start? - Carme - 05-02-2009

And theres the ultimate spoiler robot come to drop the metagamer bomb...

If you don't want to pace yourself finding routes/asking others for good routes, use Freelancer Datastorm and Freelancer Companion

Datastorm for ships and equipment and stuff, as well as slight trading details, and Companion for pure trading numbers.

These tool scan your client side files and (since they MUST match the server to be allowed to connect) tells the info in them to you in a human format, will be very accurate.

And Companion auto-updates every run.

Both of these are safe freeware downloads.

Trading Head Start? - Mrdash - 05-02-2009

Bought the camara, biggest ship I've flown so far lol XD But its cruise engine is SO anoying (The sound).
I used about all my cash though so I'll need to go mine for a little bit.

I'll have to try and get around to checking out those programs. Although I try not to put too much stuff on my computer atm, cuz my Hard Drive is almost fried and can't afford a new one atm.