Discovery Gaming Community
Technology Compatibility Update - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Technology Compatibility Update (/showthread.php?tid=200086)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Technology Compatibility Update - Wildkins - 10-30-2023

Technology Compatibility 5.0, or:
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love My Faction's Shipline

• With the exception of individual SRPs and fringe cases, faction tech cells are no longer split into 100%, 90%, 75%, etc. You either have the tech, or you do not.
• If a faction had a 75% cell and no strong justification for increasing it to 100%, it was removed.
• If a faction lacked tech options compared to contemporaries, new options were added where possible.

The system overall attempts to be much simplified from both an administrative and end-user point of view, but I am nonetheless aware of many cases where this might restrict player roleplay and agency. As such, I've also put forward a rework of Techcompat Exceptions, not the least of which because 75% cells no longer exist. In short, if you have a character looking to fly a ship that is unavailable to your ID's tech but is otherwise legal for you to fly, then it falls under a techcompat exception. These exceptions now no longer require that you make contact with an OF, although that is still the easiest path forward. ID line changes, including flying ships of a greater class than an ID allows, or acquiring ships and/or equipment that are unique, restricted, or otherwise limited still falls under a standard SRP request as before.

Specific tech cell changes follow below.

General Cell Changes

• Zoner Ships and Weapons are now generally available to any faction operating in the Border Worlds or near Zoner freeports, excepting House lawfuls and most House corporations.
• BHG weapons are now available to all lawful-aligned factions.
• Core weapons are now available to all Sirius governments.
• House Corporations (in good standing) now have access to House Lawful Ships and Weapons.

Faction Changes

RE: Technology Compatibility Update - RedEclipse - 10-30-2023

Phoenix had 100% on GMG tech as we were considered allies. Why it was lifted? Also I wonder what about Bison and Renzu ships, they were 100% too.

RE: Technology Compatibility Update - TheSauron - 10-30-2023

[Image: FSX2tzs.png]

I would implore you to rethink the removal of Hogosha and Alliance technology from the Gaian ID, as it makes no sense. Both factions are mutual allies of the Gaians, and have been for many years. Yes, I know the excuse is "but they've never done anything together", but that is on the story team neglecting both groups for the past ten years. EDIT: I have also noticed that Hogosha/Alliance got to keep their access to Gaian tech, although I am assuming that's just an oversight in the notes.

Also, Gaians and Maquis seem to be missing a mutual bump to their respective techcells.

RE: Technology Compatibility Update - Wildkins - 10-30-2023

(10-30-2023, 11:46 PM)RedEclipse Wrote: Phoenix had 100% on GMG tech as we were considered allies. Why it was lifted? Also I wonder what about Bison and Renzu ships, they were 100% too.

This only lists changes to techcells. Phoenix (and Zoners in general) still have 100% on GMG tech and Liberty Civilian (including the Bison). Zoners (including Phoenix) had 10% core on Renzu ships prior to this patch.

RE: Technology Compatibility Update - Lord Helmchen - 10-30-2023

Does the Zoner Raise Also Count for the Official Orbital Spa and Cruise ID?

RE: Technology Compatibility Update - Wildkins - 10-30-2023

(10-30-2023, 11:54 PM)Lord Helmchen Wrote: Does the Zoner Raise Also Count for the Official Orbital Spa and Cruise ID?

Changes to OS&C indies also apply to the OS&C official faction, unless specified otherwise under the dropdown.

RE: Technology Compatibility Update - Demonic - 10-30-2023

Okay, so, does that mean that Freelancers can now freely use zoner transports for up to 3600 ?

How exactly does it work with ships over that limit? Is it possible for freelancer to gain access to up to 4300 cargo other than the Pirate train and L'Ane? Or is this handled by a different system?

RE: Technology Compatibility Update - RedEclipse - 10-30-2023

(10-30-2023, 11:54 PM)Wildkins Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 11:46 PM)RedEclipse Wrote: Phoenix had 100% on GMG tech as we were considered allies. Why it was lifted? Also I wonder what about Bison and Renzu ships, they were 100% too.

This only lists changes to techcells. Phoenix (and Zoners in general) still have 100% on GMG tech and Liberty Civilian (including the Bison). Zoners (including Phoenix) had 10% core on Renzu ships prior to this patch.
Gotcha, thanks. Although removal of renzu stuff is beyond me, get used to fly Shukensha within Phoenix for years.

RE: Technology Compatibility Update - Sombs - 10-30-2023

Thinking of Karst's ALG shareds right now [Image: 1083062373763526718.webp?size=96&quality=lossless]

RE: Technology Compatibility Update - Groshyr - 10-30-2023

What ships exactly are Zoner Ships if you don't mind listing them? Is it literally just Osprey and their gunboat or there something else?