Discovery Gaming Community
[Suggestion] Ships should not be able to survive death fuses - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Community Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=627)
+--- Thread: [Suggestion] Ships should not be able to survive death fuses (/showthread.php?tid=200988)

Pages: 1 2

[Suggestion] Ships should not be able to survive death fuses - DragonRider - 12-06-2023

Currently, when a ship reaches 0 HP, they go into the death fuse explosion animation. For a short window, the player can use nanobots and cancel the death fuse. Thus, surviving being killed. As I was told, this does require the ship to have enough nanobots to fully heal(citation needed?). So it does not work if you have 1 nanobot left. I only noticed this whole reviving thing for snubs, so I do not know if it applies to bigger ships as well.

Specifically for snubs, I suggest to make it so that you can't regen from, essentially, being killed. Getting your health down to 0 without regening means you've made a big mistake and you should face the consequences of your actions. There should not be a "press G to revive" option.

Thank you.

RE: [Suggestion] Ships should not be able to survive death fuses - Fab - 12-06-2023

intended feature to avoid snubs being instantly killed by heavier weapons such as capital weapons/novas/torpedos

surviving a death fuse using nanobots completely drains you out of nanobots. that's your punishment

RE: [Suggestion] Ships should not be able to survive death fuses - -Revenant- - 12-06-2023

I understand your concern about the possibility of reviving a ship after it reaches 0 HP. Allowing players to use nanobots to cancel the death fuse does seem like it could undermine the consequences of poor decision-making and make the game less challenging. In this case, I agree with your suggestion to disable the ability to regenerate after being killed, especially for snub ships. If a player's ship has been brought down to 0 HP without the possibility of regenerating, it should serve as a lesson for them to be more cautious and consider the consequences of their actions. By removing the "G" option, you are promoting a more realistic and strategic gameplay experience where players need to think carefully about their actions and face the potential consequences. It could also add more intensity and excitement to the game, as players would need to make every decision count. Overall, I believe implementing this change would enhance the gameplay experience by introducing more challenge and encouraging players to improve their skills and decision-making abilities.

RE: [Suggestion] Ships should not be able to survive death fuses - Venemon - 12-06-2023

Game can be unreliable sometimes (aka getting nuked by glitched one hit projectiles), I think the new feature is nice

RE: [Suggestion] Ships should not be able to survive death fuses - DragonRider - 12-07-2023

No, healing after being death fused does not use up all your nanobots. If it were, then I would not have minded it as much.
I do understand your concerns about being one-shot, however I do not agree. Nothing wrong with getting one shot when you're not paying attention and paying for it.

RE: [Suggestion] Ships should not be able to survive death fuses - tommygun209 - 12-07-2023

Hm, I always heard that restore after fuse eats all your bots. We can test this, if you want, I'm available atm

RE: [Suggestion] Ships should not be able to survive death fuses - Enko - 12-07-2023

(12-07-2023, 10:46 PM)tommygun209 Wrote: Hm, I always heard that restore after fuse eats all your bots. We can test this, if you want, I'm available atm

I experienced this live today seeing it happen first hand and they had 33 nanobots left after the encounter, target was a bomber.

If the death fuse gets fixed I think it should punish you at the very least with more nanobot consumption.

RE: [Suggestion] Ships should not be able to survive death fuses - DragonRider - 12-07-2023

No need for test, happened to me today as well.

RE: [Suggestion] Ships should not be able to survive death fuses - Kauket - 12-07-2023

You do consume much more nanobots to get out of a fuse death, FYI. You need majority of nanos.

RE: [Suggestion] Ships should not be able to survive death fuses - Wesker - 12-07-2023

(12-06-2023, 05:44 PM)Fab Wrote: intended feature to avoid snubs being instantly killed by heavier weapons such as capital weapons/novas/torpedos

surviving a death fuse using nanobots completely drains you out of nanobots. that's your punishment

It cuts your count in half, it doesn't take them all.