Discovery Gaming Community
»TO: ALG - Keflavik Recycling Depot - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: »TO: ALG - Keflavik Recycling Depot (/showthread.php?tid=201153)

»TO: ALG - Keflavik Recycling Depot - Barrier - 12-16-2023

...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: FULCRUM
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: jYZXjpR.png]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

Peace be upon you.
Refer to me as Fulcrum. We were recently made aware about your new construction in Inverness. I took a liberty of paying a visit. Everything seems in order: . Except for one trivial thing (which was simply lost in the net). The registration.

We have cordial relations with ALG. But your station's purpose is yet to be determined. Please realize that you still need to fully comply with Technocratic Interstellar Regulations, 1.5 to be precise. I am authorized to waive the monthly license. Due to your organization having proved itself. Your payment will instead be a mere 1 million Sirius credits, once. Transfer it to this node: A/)-Treasury. This fee will guarantee the protection and safeguarding of the facility.

Once it is done, we can discuss supply arrangements. But first, if you please, your station's purpose, and the payment.

Fulcrum awaits your response.

Fulcrum ends message.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream

RE: »TO: ALG - Keflavik Recycling Depot - ALG - 12-16-2023

[Image: b3Y2TKP.png]
[Image: joYPEDk.png]

ID: Marika Hornik

RE: Keflavik

[Image: 5cbkqVc.png]
'Fulcrum',

My name is Marika Hornik, Director of Resource Acquisition Division at ALG.
Keflavik was a rather spontaneous project. In a recent conversation with the Junkers Congress, they had mentioned a need to handle excess waste from their Inverness operations, so we figured a modest installation could provide support in that regard for a modest investment, and plans were swiftly drawn up.
Of course, we are happy to pay this licensing fee.

[Image: AOmA6A5.jpg]

As you have visited the station and talked to the crew, I'm sure you have a solid picture of the station's purpose already. It is effectively an annex to Invergordon, providing some of the metallurgy and chemical refinement processes the Junkers aren't as well equipped to deal with. Metal waste that they gather at their hub and would rather sell in bulk than smelt themselves can be taken to Keflavik's smelters, as can nuclear waste to reconstitute some of the fissile fuel.
To make use of these products on site, we are also setting up a small manufacturing line for ship components. For being in the center of Sirius, it's still a relatively remote site, so such parts may not be so easy to come by. Of course we are hoping that the Technocracy would be among our customers for those manufactured products.

The supply situation is relatively uncomplicated. Invergordon itself and the Freeport are solid trade hubs, and with its limited crew and on-board manufacturing of fuel and components, the station requires relatively little in terms of imports. Most of all, I think the crews would appreciate amenities that make their free time more enjoyable - food and drinks, electronics, clothes and such. We bring what we can, but obviously it's a fair distance from our regular routes.

The current production lines and capacity represents the full investment in the project for now; there are no current plans for expansion. Though, if there is a type of manufacturing that you'd invest in, let us know.

Warm regards,
Marika Hornik
Resource Acquisition Directorate
ALG
[Image: PtIaDuM.png]

RE: »TO: ALG - Keflavik Recycling Depot - Barrier - 12-20-2023

...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: FULCRUM
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: jYZXjpR.png]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

Fulcrum starts message.

Peace be upon you. We have received the necessary information. I considered solutions to your request. Curacao is off-limits, though they would like our credits. I took the vessel further out, to another OS&C location . Luxuries were purchased, and taken back to Keflavik . I estimate that morale will improve within a standard week. Request additional supplies at your leisure.

Fulcrum ends message.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream

RE: »TO: ALG - Keflavik Recycling Depot - ALG - 12-21-2023

[Image: b3Y2TKP.png]
[Image: joYPEDk.png]

ID: Marika Hornik

RE: Keflavik

[Image: 5cbkqVc.png]
'Fulcrum',

I have to say, you have really gone above and beyond here. I know you don't have a huge logistics fleet, so I really didn't expect a care package like that to arrive so soon. Keflavik's crew sent me a video message from their break room as they unpacked the deliveries. I'm not sure I've ever seen a station crew so excited, really a heartwarming sight.

Please do make use of any of the station's industrial output. Even if you have no major projects that require materials, it should at least help with regular maintenance and fueling.

Warm regards,
Marika Hornik
Resource Acquisition Directorate
ALG
[Image: PtIaDuM.png]