Discovery Gaming Community
Tombstone Estate - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Tombstone Estate (/showthread.php?tid=20200)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Tombstone Estate - Doc Holliday - 10-31-2014

"I figured that at some point she probably ran a scan on you or something," Doc answered, "When I was training her, I taught her that with simple scanning tools now available, to keep vitals of people you care about for you may one day need them and Doreen has always been pretty thorough in her work. Maybe she didn't for you and that's OK."

Doc sighed, "You know, Vaelin, at times I think she not just learned everything I know but exceeded me." He shrugged and continued.

Doc snickered again, "No dating websites for me. I'll take chance meetings to find whoever may be next in my life. As I said, I'm not too particular. She only has to understand that I'm a doctor and I work hard. At least she won't have to deal with being with an ambassador this time. I'm done with that line of work."

RE: Tombstone Estate - Daerune - 11-01-2014

His brow lifted. "Well Doc, if she did such things at your advice, I would ask that you find a way to have the scanner forget me, having records of things only provides complications in the future, such as why she would have a scan of something that doesn't register as human and instead reads unknown life form."

A smile noted on Vaelins lips as he next spoke. "Website was a joke, your more inclined to get psychopaths off such things or work-o-holics, in your case you will have to spend time away from being on call and appreciate better of what you'd have, such as taking those vacations things - you know? where people go to relax for how ever amount of days away from work."

he gave a moment of pause before speaking of Doreen. "You are a healer, but your also a fighter, shes a healer without the fighter part, I am fighter without the healing part, so it would stand to reason that she'd progress further then you, I am sure you're proud, from where you rescued her, to now where she is - hopefully things develop into a better future, Sirius seems to be going down into a sink hole, apparently one of my friends seems to think there are people out there that need me as their guardian angel."

RE: Tombstone Estate - Doc Holliday - 11-02-2014

"It is because we are healers are Doreen and I that we are also explorers in a way," he explained, "That unknown life form of which you speak is what we healers would call as useful information, even if we only keep it on file for awhile but you can rest assured that we keep that information confidential. She has her patients and I have mine, the only time information being shared is for a common patient."

Doc sighed. "My concern of her is the fact that she is in fact so non-violent nor is she diplomatic. She's not going to fight her way out of something nor will she do it with words either. She works amongst Junkers and the clientele that they keep such as Outcasts, Rogues and such. I worry about her......" He sighed again, "....and for those reasons, her son. She's all he's got."

Doc went silent in thought. He wasn't sure what to say next. Rather, he just turned to Vaelin with a light smile, "Thank you, Vaelin, for coming here. It is nice to know that I have a friend who is still out there."

RE: Tombstone Estate - Daerune - 11-04-2014

Vaelin shook his head in disagreement. "That unknown life form is best to be left as those words suggest, unknown, its safer for anyone and you know as well as I, people aren't exactly to hot on the concept on non-human sentient life forms after the whole nomad conflict." He ran a hand through his hair as he let out a sigh. "I will need to take care of that but in either regard~." a smile came across his face. "I think its something you need reminding about - that you still have friends out here."

He moved back to his seat where he reclined back and set his hands behind his head, his head was tilted back and his eyes closed for a moment.
"Thats not true, I have no doubt that you would seek to look after Ben if something happened to her, but I doubt the outlaws would harm her, unless they are stupid, you never hurt the people you might need to depend on later - as well I would like to meet your little one some time, you should at least get time with your daughter as well."

RE: Tombstone Estate - Doc Holliday - 11-05-2014

Doc took a few steps, looking up with a smile.
"Emiko," he said, "My eldest. She's been wanting to stay with me more as she wants to be in Dad's medical footsteps. Pretty ambitious for a 10 year old." He hmphed, "I hear that she can fly a small fighter now. Not bad."

"The twins," he continued, "Kentaro and Misha, are but eight years old and love being with Mom. I mean, they love it when I visit but they like Honshu. I don't want to break up the siblings if I can help it."

He was silent for several moments, in thought with a smile of his kids. His thoughts shifted to Ben, "I would but he still doesn't know me that well. It would be so uncomfortable for him. My guess? Probably one of Doreen's friends would take him in on Houston first as they have gotten well established there. Financially however, he'd be set from me."

RE: Tombstone Estate - Daerune - 11-06-2014

Vaelin nodded for a time as his memory turned back to the toy that he had once made for the boy, more of a gift for his mother as it had more of a function as a musical box then an actual toy. "I am sure that Doreen would be happy to know of such things, but as for your own, they shouldn't grow up without their -real- father, don't deny them that, at least take them for a time as well and actually spend time with them." His voice had taken on a more commanding nature. "

"there is some things I need to do out there in space, sadly, I may have indulged in this place for to long, I hope you'll understand that for a time I will need to go out there, there is a retaliative of mine of which I wish to track down, which is the reason, I have come back to this -- space."

RE: Tombstone Estate - Doc Holliday - 11-06-2014

"One thing I will never do, Vaelin, is abandon my kids," Doc responded somewhat offended, "I've seen too many without parents. Mine will have both."

Doc nodded as he explained his search and that he must leave. He understood.
"Well, I wish you luck and um, if I can help, you only need ask....but you knew that." he smiled and extended his hand. "Just don't be a stranger, OK?"

RE: Tombstone Estate - Daerune - 11-06-2014

Vaelin nodded. "I know, and I wont but as this goes, its something that I must take to the stars and hunt it down for where ever it sits - I wasn't saying you were abandoning your children, but take time with them, as in, go now and spend time with your daughters."

He would move to the door way. "Don't let your work get in the way of family, if you get any sadder, I am sure you would be mistaken for a smurf." He then turned to leave.

RE: Tombstone Estate - Doc Holliday - 02-11-2015

Old Habits Never Die

Doc had time to think. It had been weeks since anyone but himself was at the now frozen in compound of Tombstone but with the heat on, food re-stocked and all of life's immenities back in place, he started working from the comforts of his home. It was lonely at times but with a hidden access to his old underground labs, he could get much done.
On the flip side were the drawbacks of being alone and having only yourself to converse with. He found an old pack of smokes stowed away. For weeks he ignored them but those voices asked things like "Remember us?" and "You're a doctor" and "what's another set of lungs?" On this night, those voices won as he stood by a window, stairing out into the frozen tundra of what was once his ex-wife's flower garden exhaling a chest full of smoke.

"Chris warned me of this," he said to himself. As he stared, another thought crossed his mind, Ashlea. He was enfatuated with this Rogue woman. What would she think? He didn't want to disappoint her. Still, he took another drag. Loneliness. After his Pennsylvania cabin, she would never live in such a desolate place let alone want to raise a family if she so desired. Taking another drag, he opened the door to the cold and threw the cigarette out. He then threw the pack in a trash disposal but it was too late. Cravings of old habits kicked in. He wanted more. For now, he fought that.

Ashlea he though. I need Ashlea.

RE: Tombstone Estate - Daerune - 02-15-2015

Vaelin
It would be heard before it would be seen, a vessel broke into the radius of the tombstone estate destroying what even sounds of peace that one might have been enjoying. The Nephthys set within the confines of the properly rather than on the verge of it, although he was considerate enough to land it softly. Vaelin came out from the Nephthys descending the ramp at a brisk walk, his side arms present at both his hips. His hand beat against the door with enough force that it might just threaten to take it off its hinges.

High in the orbit of Gran Canaria was both the Anubis and the Resheph Eye of Horus, He had forgone the usual protocol of having the ships separate from each other. The Eye of Horus was busy scanning the nearby systems for any enemy movement. The battleship itself lingering stationary with its bay doors still open, it would be apparent to anyone with enough observational skill that it was for quick docking.

When Doc might answer the door Vaelin didn't even give him the opinion to say anything. “I got an injured friend systems away, and need a Doctor. If you can help, we leave in five minutes. Grab what medical equipment you can. If not, I am gonna have to find a random doctor and kidnap them.” There was no essence of sarcasm in his voice. “I’ll explain on the way.” He would then turn and head back to his ship abruptly, looking over his shoulder his eyes conveying the level of urgency.