Discovery Gaming Community
low FPS issue with rtx 4060 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: low FPS issue with rtx 4060 (/showthread.php?tid=202060)

Pages: 1 2

low FPS issue with rtx 4060 - AsherMir - 03-05-2024

Hi everyone,
I'm an old player (back from 2019). I decided to get back here after all this time because i wanna now try how FL feels on my new pc. i had a laptop back in the days but now my rig is made of a Ryzen 5 5600x and RTX4060 + 32 GB of ram (win10).
When i launch FL, the fps counter (the gamebar one) shows between 180 and 200 fps. However once i go into multiplayer, it goes down to 60-70 fps. The curious thing is that once done that, if i get back to the main menu, it gets capped to those 60 fps as well, despite at the beginning they were 180.
I googled for a bit, and i've found few topics in here talking about the fps limiter (the jittery thing - haven't touched it), another one about doing alt+enter 2 times (done but nothing), and also about the fact that this issue happens because FL is based on DX8. In another topic there's a user that talks about finding a solution inserting a specific file in the folder, but unfortunately that other topic is gone (and the thread was old anyway).
Does anybody have a solution for this?
Let me know if you need more details about my rig, or anything else.
Thank you in advance

(also hope i posted this in the correct place, it has been so long since last time)

RE: low FPS issue with rtx 4060 - Chronicron - 03-05-2024

have you disabled the VSync in freelancer through your NVidia control panel?

RE: low FPS issue with rtx 4060 - Avalanche - 03-05-2024

Can't help unfortunately but welcome back!

RE: low FPS issue with rtx 4060 - AsherMir - 03-05-2024

(03-05-2024, 07:31 PM)Chronicron Wrote: have you disabled the VSync in freelancer through your NVidia control panel?

not yet, i'll try to find it (i'm not good on nvidia stuff yet since i got this gpu recently)

RE: low FPS issue with rtx 4060 - Chronicron - 03-05-2024

should do the trick

RE: low FPS issue with rtx 4060 - AsherMir - 03-05-2024

(03-05-2024, 07:45 PM)Chronicron Wrote:

should do the trick

hmm, just tried, but unfortunately still the same :/ still high in the menu, then when i'm in the planet the first few seconds are still with high fps, then down to 67

RE: low FPS issue with rtx 4060 - Haste - 03-05-2024

The thread you're thinking of discussing this issue, and the post that should "set you on the trail", is this: https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=199165&pid=2306487#pid2306487

RE: low FPS issue with rtx 4060 - Kauket - 03-05-2024

(03-05-2024, 07:29 PM)AsherMir Wrote: Hi everyone,
I'm an old player (back from 2019). I decided to get back here after all this time because i wanna now try how FL feels on my new pc. i had a laptop back in the days but now my rig is made of a Ryzen 5 5600x and RTX4060 + 32 GB of ram (win10).
When i launch FL, the fps counter (the gamebar one) shows between 180 and 200 fps. However once i go into multiplayer, it goes down to 60-70 fps. The curious thing is that once done that, if i get back to the main menu, it gets capped to those 60 fps as well, despite at the beginning they were 180.
I googled for a bit, and i've found few topics in here talking about the fps limiter (the jittery thing - haven't touched it), another one about doing alt+enter 2 times (done but nothing), and also about the fact that this issue happens because FL is based on DX8. In another topic there's a user that talks about finding a solution inserting a specific file in the folder, but unfortunately that other topic is gone (and the thread was old anyway).
Does anybody have a solution for this?
Let me know if you need more details about my rig, or anything else.
Thank you in advance

(also hope i posted this in the correct place, it has been so long since last time)

try this plugin, place the .dll to your /EXE/ folder

https://github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases

completely safe to use

RE: low FPS issue with rtx 4060 - Dragomar - 03-05-2024

This is really weird. I have an RTX 4090, keep drivers updated pretty much always and have never had to touch vsync and its perfectly smooth. I hope you find out what it is. Have you tried dx8tod9?

RE: low FPS issue with rtx 4060 - Major. - 03-05-2024

Most people like myself use Rivatuner to fix the limited FPS.

Here is a small tutorial that might help you:

1. Download Rivatuner here.
2. Install it and configure it like this. (The Freelancer exe can be found in the Discovery Folder - Exe - Freelancer.exe
3. Write yourself a .bat because you are not willing to start the Rivatuner on your own the whole time:
Code:
start "DS Launcher" "C:\Freelancer Discovery\Discovery Freelancer 4.91.0\DSLauncher.exe"
start "RTSS" "C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\Test\RivaTuner Statistics Server\RTSS.exe"
4. Give the .bat the disco launcher logo and enjoy Smile