Discovery Gaming Community
>: A/)-Nightshade - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: >: A/)-Nightshade (/showthread.php?tid=202289)

>: A/)-Nightshade - Reeves - 03-22-2024

[Image: Lc48rCo.png]
[Image: 2NPuoLa.png?1]
☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Signal source: Unidentified relay, Cortez
☠ Opening video feed...

[Image: g3e7Byz.png]

Sender: Alliance Commander "Cobra"
Recipient: "Nightshade"
Subject: Curious

I detest your kind.

Either more machine than man or more cattle than shepherd. Anathema given what we strive to achieve. But I've been combing through logs recovered from the Broadhead's blackbox and you at least appear to be a free thinking creature - startlingly so. You had lots of questions and given the state of affairs between our groups were provided with no answers, it's not surprising.

Ask now. I might answer.

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"

☠ Transmission signal lost.

RE: >: A/)-Nightshade - Revenant. - 03-25-2024

...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: Adjudicator Nightshade
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: aq4kp4m.png]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

What a way to introduce yourself, Commander.

I have only one thing to ask of you, though I expect to be asking it in vain: don't impose the consequences of my actions on others. I ran into Cherry Blossom today, and had an opportunity to speak with her. She told me that following the recent events in Ontario, where she was present, you marked her as kill on sight. Why? Guilt by association?

Just let her live. She didn't fire a single shot.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream

RE: >: A/)-Nightshade - Reeves - 03-25-2024

[Image: Lc48rCo.png]
[Image: 2NPuoLa.png?1]
☠ Incoming transmission.
☠ Signal source: Unidentified relay, Cortez
☠ Opening video feed...

[Image: g3e7Byz.png]

Sender: Alliance Commander "Cobra"
Recipient: "Nightshade"
Subject: Curious

How supremely noble.

Especially considering her readiness to supposedly reveal details regarding your operations in Inverness. Though I suspect she neglected to mention that.

Sarcasm aside.

In the aftermath of your little stunt in Ontario, I made no move to retaliate against her for the opinions she chose to carelessly confess in the presence of people with guns. I'm unsure how your organization operates but in ours a pilot is afforded a significant amount of discretion.

And unfortunately, she decided to antagonize my men while they were in pursuit of other hostile targets during an entirely separate incident. This by itself doesn't bother me either. What a man in my position can't abide by is the usage of my name as if it were a platitude. I am an elected official, a glorified tactician that is also expected to represent the collective will of the people associating themselves with the Alliance. And I would be doing a poor job of it if I were to let wandering freelancers claim to have my favor when they do not, to my own people no less.

Let's say I humor you though. And let's assume I exert the influence needed to now revoke this notice without causing our peers to consider us weak willed. What makes you think my men won't use their previously mentioned discretion to try killing her anyway? I could control the situation the first time considering the captain of the gunboat your forces disabled was the first responder and the only witness to her remarks. But her recent attitude is already talk of the town. And if not my men, there are always others who don't associate with the Alliance but dislike loose lips.

More importantly. Even if I were to do this, which I'm not inclined to, I have no guarantee she won't just do it all over again. So I'm sorry, but I've already done what I could out of respect for her help many years ago.

This was her own doing.

"Liberty or death."
-"Cobra"

☠ Transmission signal lost.