Discovery Gaming Community
TO: Norfolk Shipyard - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: TO: Norfolk Shipyard (/showthread.php?tid=202462)

TO: Norfolk Shipyard - StellarViss - 04-01-2024

Incoming Transmission

[Image: td%5D%5Btd%5D]
ID: Brad Lundmark
[Image: Cp6AuQ5.png]

~~Origin: Texas

~~Subject: Rowlett Hagworks product.

Greetings Norfolk command staff,

I represent a Ageria subsidiary named Rowlett Aerospacial Research Group, stationed in the Texas system. Recently, we have been working with First Fleet's Captain Jack Boehm on gathering exotic materials to be used in the production of advanced equipment, one of them being the "W+7754KT" Cruiser Repeater Turret. As the name suggests, this turret can only be mounted on an "Archer"-class Siege Cruiser, which brings us a unique problem: the power core. We at Rowlett are unable to predict how our weapon will react with the power core that is mainly used for the LSGM-1d "Star Lance". The only solution to this problem would be to moor a Cruiser at one of the dry docks at Norfolk where we would be able to test the weapon in a safe environment. Hence I am sending this transmission to organize this.

With respect,
Brad Lundmark.

[Image: Cp6AuQ5.png]

RE: TO: Norfolk Shipyard - Max Morse - 04-02-2024

Incoming Transmission
Liberty Navy, First Fleet
Logistics Command

Captain Jack Boehm

Mister Lundmark:

Greetings,

While we have had a good working relationship thus far, I must admit I'm rather apprehensive about allowing a ships powerplant to be experimented on at Norfolk, where there are numerous other vessels either in for drydock and refit, or for mothballing in preparation for sending the ship to reserve status. I'm afraid that if such experimentation is to take place, it will have to be with several caveats.

Firstly, we currently have no Archer-class ships that can be used for such a purpose. Second, while I do have a couple of empty bays at Norfolk, which could be used to house an Archer-class, assuming you can source one to experiment with, I cannot allow the test firing of weapons on a modified ship while it is still berthed at Norfolk. Third, any modifications to the ships powerplant, assuming again that you find one that is intact, will have to be made under the supervision of Naval personnel as they contain proprietary technology that is of restricted access to civilians. Fourth, all military grade weaponry, excluding the experimental weapons that your group wishes to test will have to be removed from the ship, including the LSGM-1D. Finally, after experimentation is complete, the ship will, regardless of origin, return to the possession of the First Fleet.

Assuming that everything I've addressed above is agreeable, I can look at making a berth available for said ship once all the other details are worked out to my own, as well as my superiors satisfaction.

Regards,

Jack Boehm
CPT, 1FLT
Liberty Navy

Important: This communication remains the property of the Libertonian Armed Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807 A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.

RE: TO: Norfolk Shipyard - TheDoctorXI - 04-02-2024

[Image: geqTtyx.gif]
Incoming Transmission

[Image: g2cJvgL.png]
Liberty Navy 46th Fleet
Security Clearance: < Restricted: Recipient Onlyl>

Sender ID: Fleet Admiral Martin Kemp-Smith
Recipient ID: Brad Lundmark
Subject: RE: Rowlett Hagworks Product

Mister Lundmark,

Good day to you. I am Martin Kemp-Smith, Fleet Admiral and Commanding Officer of the Liberty Navy, Forty-sixth Fleet.

For a request as large in scope as yours, you will have to forgive me, but there are a myriad of details that you've foregone in your initial communication. Namely, any design information, specifications or any other pertinent information that would be useful to our engineers. Also note, the Archer-class vessel is not a platform we make readily available, and certainly not to unknown subsidiaries.

Weapons testing, of any measure, will never be undertaken, nor authorised where it presents a risk to civilians, personnel or infrastructure.

Your request, in its entirety, is denied.

In service to the Republic.
[Image: 330px-Flag-liberty.png]

-

Martin Kemp-Smith
Fleet Admiral
Liberty Navy 46th Fleet