Discovery Gaming Community
To: Black Sails - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Black Sails (/showthread.php?tid=202562)

To: Black Sails - The Brotherhood - 04-08-2024

> > > Incoming transmission < < <
Encryption: High
Sender ID: Cesar "Flipado" Gutierrez
Recipients: Black Sails
CC: DTR High Command
Subject: Black Sails? And their motives.

[Image: GusYbJG.gif]

Senores y senoras of the "Black Sails",

I am elder Cesar Gutierrez of the Brotherhood.
it came to my attention that multiple transport ship capitanos belonging to business associates of the Empire have sent complaints regarding your group extorting them, mainly the Samura Industries. Our business deal with them depends on guaranteed safety of their ships in our space, but unfortunately, your actions are achieving the exact opposite, thus directly impacting the valuable cooperation with the Empire's business partners. According to the data I've looked at, as a result the scheduled arrival of some important supply shipments has been delayed by 24 hours up to a week. I can't say this benefits either our Empire or them in any way, so we demand some explanations. Why are you targeting ships that are directly in business with us?

Secondly, who are you exactly? I've had many close amigos from Black Sails in the past including an elder, however, I am yet to confirm any of them is one of you or know you. They were a loco bunch, indeed, but they were not harassing ships that work for our Empire, instead, they were targeting Bretonian, Rheinland and other merchant ships, and they were always very effective. Our cooperation with the Black Sails and their role were highly essential and things were working out smoothly, for the most part. The very same deal with Samura Industries that you choose to ignore was made by no one other than the Black Sails, along with the Brotherhood and Benitez Familia. If you really are the Black Sails, you should be aware of its importance and not be blinded by greed. Tell me, who is your leader? Do you have anything to do with the actual Black Sails or are you just a cheap reincarnation of fakes flying under their colors?

One last thing. The Deterrence is also interested in your motives and may have some questions of their own, so for conveniency this secure frequency has been forwarded to their high command as well.

Respetuosamente,
Cesar Gutierrez

> > > Transmission terminated < < <

RE: To: Black Sails - Michela Calliente - 04-08-2024

┝┅┅┅{INCOMING TRANSMISSION}┅┅┅┥

┝┅{Sender: Commander Michela Calliente
┝┅{Recipient: Black Sails - TBH Command
┝┅{Location: Sanctum

┝┅{Message Type: Recording
┝┅{Subject: Motives
┝┅{Encryption: High

Queridas compatriotas and esteemed Elder Gutierrez,

My name is Commander Michela Calliente, Intelligence and Internal Affairs. I’m representing Deterrence’s interests and have been tasked by Executor Francisco Javier de Creta to intercede on our behalf.

While our immediate business interests have not been affected yet, Deterrence shares the Brotherhood’s concern for indiscriminate piracy of vessels. Especially those with whom Corsairs might have a prior arrangement. Far be it from me to condemn your efforts - our own raids bring plenty of resources for our Imperio. Extortion is part of life. But every tool has its purpose and the pie is very big. Military action is one side of the coin. Smuggling is another. And I would be remiss if I didn’t remind you that in order to finance our many operations we need to export Artifacts and Xeno Relics. Oftentimes, we need intermediaries in order to reach markets where we normally couldn't or to obtain commodities from locations we can’t reach.

While it may seem expedient in the short term to extract additional resources from those that we find in our territory, the long-term consequences of such actions can be dire and detrimental to our collective interests. If we offer protection and we can’t keep it - our word means less. The reality is that in our line of work, success is measured not by lofty ideals but by tangible results.

Similarly, we are unfamiliar with your faction, your goals, and your ideas. Ignorance and miscommunication can only breed mistakes so it would be good to understand what’s your purpose. Let us reason practically and logically so that we can further the Imperio’s goals according to our station and skill. In the end, any bad blood will be diluted by time and a practical self-interest.

Ravenna Vult.

Cordialmente,
Michella Calliente.

┝┅┅┅{END OF TRANSMISSION}┅┅┅┥

RE: To: Black Sails - Black Sails - 04-08-2024

[Image: GmGJehQ.png]

Incoming transmission

Recipients: Council of Elders, The Brotherhood, The Deterrence
Sender: Arthur Ortega

[Image: NCQ2pAK.png]

Elder, commander, you honour me with your interest shown on our guild. I'm delighted our actions echo even to the distant land of Crete itself.

Last time I looked, the Brotherhood and the Deterrence were at each other's throats, and now a love affair starts to brew. It warms my heart to see Crete goes through peaceful times, but your internal struggles left a big mark on Corsair interests around Sirius. Let me remind you of a few:
  • I can't but wonder what the fuck was in your goat brain to negotiate for peace with the Kusarians? You brought shame to our empire by offering yourself as a mere tool to those rice eaters in exchange for...Kyushu rice? Maybe I am missing something, but it seems both of you maggots forgot our old days. You see yourselves erudites, yet your achivements are yet to be seen.

• Despite a strong offensive to support the Santander, all we could notice is the Dublin debris field getting larger with Deterrence hull panels. Such a waste of warriors and precious resources, resources hardly negotiated with the big corporations you do business with.

• Last, and perhaps the worst, should we even dig up the events on Freeport 9? And trying for peace with the murderers of our kin..where are your valors, your heritage? It seems like you forgot them in the conference room on Shinjuku.

Glad to make your acquaintance, senor y senora. We are the Black Sails.

Transmission terminated

RE: To: Black Sails - Michela Calliente - 04-09-2024

┝┅{Recipient: Arthur Ortega - TBH Command

Signor Ortega,

You mistake my tone. I wasn’t discussing your ‘’exploits’’ but the potential to interfere with deals benefiting the Imperio.

I get it - you’ve done a few raids, pirated a few traders, and now you feel powerful. It’s the naivety of the young or the foolish to think war is fought without sacrifice or without casualties. Or that ships are the only method. You list some events from the real wars, which you weren’t a part of. Since you weren't there, I get how things get confusing for you in terms of events or ramifications. But signor Ortega, don’t be so modest about politics - you seem to be good at narrating events to fit your points. We might make a politician out of you yet.

In the interest of everyone's time, save the rattling for your raids and let’s talk business. Are you going to be a part of the proverbial table? What is your faction’s purpose? More importantly, you are interfering with the Brotherhood’s business directly. Or is that part of your plan? The Deterrence and the Brotherhood have not seen an eye to eye on everything, that’s to be expected. In the end, we both serve the Imperio, a fact to be recognized by all Corsairs.

A man without reason is no better than a mad dog, and mad dogs - they get put down.

Mis saludos,
Michella Calliente.

RE: To: Black Sails - Black Sails - 04-10-2024

[Image: GmGJehQ.png]

Incoming transmission

Recipient: Michela Calliente
Sender: Arthur Ortega

[Image: NCQ2pAK.png]

In the interest of everyone's time, senora, who are you to begin with? Your name rings no bell, strikes no fear, and by the way you talk, you seem to operate within the logistics sector. Do you happen to be a Quartermaster? If so, I won't waste my time talking to a damn crane operator.

Business you say? We can arrange that you and your transport fleets bring up to Crete the plunder we obtain. Other than that, at this point I don't find you or your skills useful in any other way. Actually, I find you annoying.

If there's anything else, bring forth your esteemed Executor. If not, my ship's janitor can take over.

A pleasure,

Arthur Ortega

Transmission terminated

RE: To: Black Sails - Michela Calliente - 04-10-2024

┝┅{Recipient: Arthur Ortega - TBH Command

You do not know my name and rest assured, I work hard to keep it that way. You must have missed the ‘’Intelligence’’ part. There is a whole world out there that you are not at all familiar with, and it is not only because of your obvious mental impairment.

Nevertheless, you seem quite comfortable in collecting bounties for which Deterrence pays you. So you are on my payroll. And if I pay you - I own you.

There's plenty of other takers out there to replace you. But if you keep this up, maybe I'll throw a bonus your way.

As fun as this has been, it's going nowhere - your posturing and quite blunt overcompensating have been noted as well as your refusal to provide any explanation to your motives. I’ll put it in a simple language that even someone like you can understand - any direct or implicit interference with Deterrence’s operations will be treated as hostility and an act of treason to the Imperio at large.

Elder Gutierrez, I'm ending the connection from my side as I have preparations to make. Looking forward to see you in person soon.

Signing off,
Michella Calliente.

RE: To: Black Sails - The Brotherhood - 04-11-2024

> > > Incoming transmission < < <
Encryption: High
Sender ID: Cesar "Flipado" Gutierrez
Recipients: Black Sails
CC: DTR High Command
Subject: Black Sails? And their motives

[Image: GusYbJG.gif]

Muchacho, I find it amusing that you of all people describe someone as having "a goat brain". I suppose that's better than having no brain like you, because you certainly didn't think this through. Maybe that janitor of yours could do his job and clean all that mierda that's in your head. Make sure to give him a good raise for hard work.
You are showcasing a complete ignorance and require some serious history lessons. What you refer to as "peace negotiations" with Kusari has been a present even during Black Sails era, starting during the era of their elder Espi and then elder Vito, and you not being aware of this only makes you look even dumber than I thought. All we did was a simple matter of expanding this into a small trade deal, but unfortunately, the unforeseen events such as the siege of Shirasoto station have occured, putting the deal at a halt leading to its eventual failure.

Originally, this agreement with Kusari from a long time ago is what I would describe as "no fire agreement", where at rare times of opportunity, we even joined forces with Kusari forces against Outcasts and their allies. Sometimes imminent clash with Naval Forces happened as well, but in the end, the no fire agreement did reduce the uneccessary casualities on both sides, which was the original purpose. All we had to do was stay out of radar, which worked everyone. Are you sure you really are Black Sails? So far you are not convincing me and you've even managed to insult the predecessors of a group you claim to be part of due to your concerning lack of knowledge. Well done.

Shame? What a true shame is that you is that you've gotten everyones attention for utterly wrong reasons and are staining someone elses name. Or is mindlessly sending your hermanos to death what you do to not be "ashamed"? Old days? It appears you're still living in that past, and at the same time being uninformed about the Black Sails "old days". All this talk and you've failed to explain yourself in any way due to your attention span of a pigeon and choose to ignore some history facts I initially shared. You were given quite a bit of time and you still failed. Your comments to senora Calliente are quite ironic because nobody knows who you are, nor has heard your name before and so far you're not presenting yourself in a good way. Perhaps that same janitor would do a better job than you, try promoting him.

Senora Calliente has said what was in my mind in simple words, so I will do so too for your sake. Try to not bother Corsair Empire's business associates, especially our little deal with Samura Industries, which I will once again repeat, is an agreement that Black Sails elders themselves were a part of and I will do my best to forget this miserable initial display of your wannabe group. My schedule is limited and I as well have something important to attend to, so don't waste my or anyone elses time like this in the future.

Respetuosamente,
Cesar Gutierrez

> > > Transmission terminated < < <