Discovery Gaming Community
Mieko Iekahara | Feedback Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: RP Stories Feedback Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+---- Thread: Mieko Iekahara | Feedback Thread (/showthread.php?tid=202712)

Mieko Iekahara | Feedback Thread - Nodoka Hanamura - 04-19-2024

[Image: yZnmpuZ.png]
Mieko "Honya" Iekahara

For the uninformed and a TL;DR:

Mieko Iekahara, also known as "HONYA", is one of the two artificial intelligences that accompanied my original main character, Nodoka Hanamura, through her time in Sirius. She is a kind, highly intelligent, and adept AI, who resides within a custom-built body. Canonically, Hanamura and the others are in deep space, having gotten lost after failing to link up with Mieko in Tau-44. The condition of Hanamura, Bride and the others is currently a macguffin with no determined fate.

This is something that I thought I'd never do, but I am giving Disco another chance. Much like a Tornado Warning, all of the conditions for a favorable comeback are here. A fresh coat of paint with 5.0.. the return of quite a few of the community members I remember and even revered from my time 6 years ago, the expungement and crackdown on bad actors in the community and I hope, some maturity from me since then.

I will be completely blunt here. This is a trial period. I MAY consider the idea of reviving Ouroboros. I may even decide to stay in Disco. But at the same time, I have a lot of plans on my plate (ranging from SL matters, which I am a semi-prominent member of the community there - to trying to get MIRAI, the virtual PMC I've run for years, back off the ground), and only so much time to go around. Believe it or not, my heart is dragged in multiple directions. If I could, I'd clone myself thrice over and sync the clones together so I could experience and do everything I couldn't do with one body. I'm doing this because of the nostalgia and fond memories, what weren't burned by drama and hardships - I had, as well as the friends who came back. If you want to thank anyone for this - Thank @Petitioner. She got me to stay in Disco 8 years ago, and now she's got me back here again.

That being said, I welcome feedback, support, anything except what hell I dealt with back in the day. If you wish to learn more about Mieko, I suggest reading from my main character's old wiki page, as well as from this diary for all three characters that was used up until my initial departure.

Diary:
MIeko's Diary - Contains old Logs.

Roleplays:
None Yet.

Communications:
Communiques that have not been responded to will not be listed.

TO: FIRMITAS | FROM: MIEKO IEKAHARA | SUBJ: HELLO
TO: LAZURITH | FROM: MIEKO IEKAHARA | SUBJ: LEVIATHAN

RE: Mieko Iekahara | Feedback Thread - Darius - 04-19-2024

Keep in mind the current year is 834 AS (you can check when you log in) -- otherwise, welcome back to Discovery!

RE: Mieko Iekahara | Feedback Thread - Nodoka Hanamura - 04-19-2024

(04-19-2024, 08:54 PM)Darius Wrote: Keep in mind the current year is 834 AS (you can check when you log in) -- otherwise, welcome back to Discovery!

I actually did check it, and I guess I rounded off wrong - thanks for the heads up Smile

RE: Mieko Iekahara | Feedback Thread - Nodoka Hanamura - 04-21-2024

So.. she's in a rough spot, huh.

I don't plan on having her kill herself. Though for the time being she's going to be in quite the bad spot until she makes contact with Firmitas (@Zephyranthes) or someone else can help lift her out of the emotional wreck she is in.

For the record, my plan is at some point during this trial period, to bring Mieko into Auxesia, since honestly, I've been in their discord for a bit and feel it would be a wise fit given her past.

RE: Mieko Iekahara | Feedback Thread - Darius - 04-21-2024

Sorry if I'm crushing any hopes of some True Character Feedback tm, but it me again.

The word "Kusarian" doesn't exist; the proper form is "Kusari". (I have yet to pester devs enough about this on infocards for ships, I'll get to it once 5.1 drops.)

On the topic of character progression however -- and this is really just me bouncing around some ideas as I've no clue what time you can play on as it does affect meeting anything Kusari-related -- you should also attempt to do at least one or two stories surrounding the changes to the AI's home, what with the house shifting hands on the political stage to have Sunrise as the main driving force and with the various crises around figured out. Another topic to possibly touch on given the character's origins is Liberty; there's been a load of story developments there recently and even more are coming next patch, though don't get your hopes too high for that because 5.1 is Rheinland-centric.

Your text could also make do with some grammar fixes (capitalized letters for new lines shouldn't be a thing, lack of punctuation, missing letters here and there, periods instead of commas, etcetera) but this is really just a fast fix with ChatGPT or whatever you fancy using.

RE: Mieko Iekahara | Feedback Thread - Nodoka Hanamura - 04-21-2024

(04-21-2024, 10:23 PM)Darius Wrote: Sorry if I'm crushing any hopes of some True Character Feedback tm, but it me again.

The word "Kusarian" doesn't exist; the proper form is "Kusari". (I have yet to pester devs enough about this on infocards for ships, I'll get to it once 5.1 drops.)

I actually have never been corrected on this before - It'll take a while for me to adjust things but I'll try to keep this in mind.

(04-21-2024, 10:23 PM)Darius Wrote: On the topic of character progression however -- and this is really just me bouncing around some ideas as I've no clue what time you can play on as it does affect meeting anything Kusari-related -- you should also attempt to do at least one or two stories surrounding the changes to the AI's home, what with the house shifting hands on the political stage to have Sunrise as the main driving force and with the various crises around figured out. Another topic to possibly touch on given the character's origins is Liberty; there's been a load of story developments there recently and even more are coming next patch, though don't get your hopes too high for that because 5.1 is Rheinland-centric.

The character's ties to Kusari are somewhat limited due to her 'upbringing' (The first 2 years of her existance are lost to her) and her time after that was very brief in Kusari, but the fact you touch on this is very good - especially Liberty, since her and the other two Primary characters back in the day did reside in Penn for a bit before going out to FP11.

It's been 6 or so IRL years since I was in-tune with the Discovery story, so a lot of the things OORP, I'm just as clueless to as Mieko would be, such as the Core doing what they're doing to the Gammuians.

(04-21-2024, 10:23 PM)Darius Wrote: Your text could also make do with some grammar fixes (capitalized letters for new lines shouldn't be a thing, lack of punctuation, missing letters here and there, periods instead of commas, etcetera) but this is really just a fast fix with ChatGPT or whatever you fancy using.

I don't recall the use of capitalized letters and punctuation issues, unless you're talking about older posts. I do know I may need to do a proof-read of my posts before sending, though.

All in all, thanks for the feedback, Darius!